It seems like forever since I have gotten a bit personal on my blog. Things have been so hectic, I have been behind on my Sunday Letters too. 2014 is a new and fabulous year and I am going to start kicking it in high gear and keep with it – no excuses! So – I figured this would be a fun post to do and it’s been a while since I have done one anyway. And, since my birthday lands on the 14th of this month, I figured this would be a great time to share with all of you a little bit about me. Without further adieu… here are 14 Things I bet you didn’t know about me.
1. I am so completely head over heels in love with my husband… that some people say I’m weird. Honestly, I don’t know any other type of love except this one, that feels so perfect and so special. I still get butterflies and my knees still feel weak when he winks at me or looks in my direction. That “Happily Ever After” kind of love that people only read in Fairy Tales – that’s the kind of love that my husband and I have… when you love with all the being of your heart. Actually – those that know me, know I am a true romantic at heart… so this may have not been a good thing to add to the list – I think it is pretty apparent. lol
2. Contrary to blogging about hair, makeup and beauty in general… I do not use makeup on a daily basis. What you see is what you get with me and I have always been one of those people that lets my personality shine. I may love makeup and collecting it – but I love a bare face… and I’m so comfortable in my own skin. I have learned that before anything I must first learn to love myself!
3. My favorite color is purple. I’m sure most people already know that, but I figured I would share. When I was a little girl, my mom said she thought my favorite color was brown – because I used my brown color crayon till it was dust and I never used any other color. I don’t remember that… but I do know I loved purple since Elementary School. I was always drawn to purple sparkle pens (like the old school Gelly Roll pens). If a makeup palette has a purple in it – I think I’m pretty much drawn to it in a heartbeat. I love love love purple lipstick and purple accents like accessories. I especially love to mix purple and gold eye shadow together to create an eye look (my favorite combo). I don’t have very many purple outfits considering it’s my favorite color – but will use an accent scarf, bag or footwear to dress up my basic love for black attire.
4. I normally live off of 3 hours of sleep a night. I’m not going to lie, there was a time when I got my 8 hours of sleep (probably before the age of 16), but since having children and the fact that I’m a very light sleeper, I am always up and checking on them whenever I hear a noise. And, my brain never shuts down… I am always thinking of new ways to have fun, crafty play time with my boys, a new blog post, some chore I would like to accomplish, a new meal I would like to create or a makeup look, just to name a few things. Honestly – I sleep the longest when my husband is home (off from work) and I don’t have to go anywhere. When he holds me in his arms, I sleep easily knowing that all is good and I can be peaceful. Otherwise, yup – 3 hours of sleep is my norm. Hey – it’s not that bad. Considering I don’t sleep much – I still look pretty damn good without makeup. lol j/k
5. I have naturally curly hair. Yes, yes and yes… I know you see this in my posts but you would be amazed at how many times a week people ask me where I go to get a perm. Speaking of which, I honestly didn’t even know people still got perms… is that still around? If you look at my dad and his super curly hair, you will surely know where I got it from. I got the crazy curls (friends used to say I had Kerri Russell hair at one time, before all the color, bleach and stress I put my hair through), my sister Katt has super straight hair like my mom, my brother has super straight hair like my mom and my sister Harmony has wavy hair. Interesting huh?
6. I am an Italian Food addict. While many would think Hawaiian Food is one of my favorite foods… believe it or not, Pizza is a favorite and I would eat any type of Italian food in a heartbeat. Many would argue that Pizza may not be Italian, but hey… you get the picture. lol Pasta in all types of sorts and sauces – yummy yummy in my tummy!
7. I consider myself a True Friend. If you are a close friend, I will have your back unconditionally. I trust with all my heart. It has been my downfall in some of my relationships with past friends, but those that are near and dear to my heart know that I will always be there for you. Whether a mile away or a whole country between us, I will always be there for you. But, that also means that since we are close, I have no problem telling you my thoughts and opinions. Just a few things you’ll have to deal with when you’re friends with me. If I don’t share with you my opinion, then I don’t consider you a close friend.
8. I’m an Animal lover, but really do not like cats. I am a big dog lover – especially when it comes to Pitbulls. We now have Ikaika, a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel. He joined our family almost a year ago (January 13, 2013) after losing our beloved Koa (American Red Nose Pitbull) Christmas 2012. It’s been different having a small dog in our house, but he is such a sweetheart and we love him. While I don’t discriminate when it comes to dogs or pets in general – I just can’t seem to like cats. I had a few bad memories from my childhood but for the most part, they are not one of my favorite animals.
9. I Love Tea. While you may see me sporting a coffee drink in photos pretty often, I am actually a tea drinker and love it. When we were kids, we always had tea with our meals or my dad would make us tea with honey and lemon if we were not feeling well. It was something I drank for years and I love it. Green tea, oolong tea, chai tea, you name it – I have probably tried it or already love it.
10. I used to play the Clarinet and Base Clarinet in my school band. I was actually really good, ranking as 1st seat and 2nd seat. I don’t remember much of it now, it’s been so many years since I’ve picked a Clarinet up – but I really enjoyed my time playing. I come from a musically inclined family – musicians and singers, so we love to play instruments and play music. I can play the Ukulele, but I can’t hold a very good tune (I think I’m the only one out of my siblings that really can’t sing. lol), but I love music nonetheless – it is my sanctuary.
11. Prior to dating my husband (1997) my hair was down to my knees… Yes, to my knees in all its curly glory. I wish I could find photos of me and some of my friends. Since I had long hair, I left my hair up most of the time so it wasn’t so much of a fuss. Honestly, I just recently started leaving my hair down because hair ties and clips were my best friend and I always wore my hair up. Now – I embrace my long hair and curls. It’s not to my knees any longer – but just past my behind. It’s nice to finally be happy with my curly hair and not fight it. lol
12. I love Photography. It has been a love of mine since I was a little girl and something my dad instilled in me from a young age. My father is a nature and landscape photographer and I have loved taking photos for as long as I can remember. Snapping photos of foliage, flowers, sunsets and landscapes are definitely something I enjoy but capturing a couple in love is what I look forward to. Over the last 6 years I have had the opportunity to capture beautiful moments of love with my camera and innocence of children from behind the lens. I always say… “A true photographer can capture the essence of a moment – regardless of their obstacles, training or equipment. If they love what they do, you will see it in their images.”
13. 1, 13 and 14 are my lucky numbers. I’ll be honest, 1 and 14 were my lucky numbers for years (since I was a little girl) – but it was only recently (in the last 13 years or so) that 13 has been lucky for me because it was not a very lucky number most of my life. I was one of those people that wished they could crawl under a rock during Friday the 13th because it always brought on a ton of bad luck. However, after my husband and I got married, he told me that since 13 was his lucky number it would no longer be a bad number for me and that held true ever since. Case in point – 2013 was friggen awesome for me. So – 13 is now a lucky number for me along with 1 and 14. Yay – no more bad luck – just awesomeness!
14. When I was 4 years old, I was playing in our yard, behind a closed and locked fence and was almost kidnapped. My dad came out of the house to see a man driving a taxi putting me into the car and closing the door. Needless to say, I know where I get my self defense tactics from because my dad let loose on the guy. The Taxi driver claimed that I was playing by myself and that I walked up to him, unlocked the gate and followed him to his car where he had candy waiting for me. I may have been four, but I remembered exactly what happened and told my dad the whole story. If my dad had come out a minute later, I would have been someone else’s child today, if I even lived that long. My dad knocked the guy out and waited for the Police to come – but that’s a whole other story. To those that know me, know that they can NEVER approach me from behind without first warning me because since that day, I have had some pretty fierce reflexes and self defense became a part of my life.
So – there it is… 14 things about me that I’m sure you probably didn’t know. I would love to know more about you so if you are interested in sharing, leave yours in the comments below or a link to your post. Thank you for sharing a little bit of me and my life. Have a wonderful weekend!
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- Microdermabrasion at Home With the PMD Personal Microderm - October 18, 2017
- LaFlore Skincare Review - October 10, 2017
- Hydro Flask Launches Exclusive Hawaii Collection - October 6, 2017