Since all three boys will be heading back to school in a month after a fun Summer break, we have been preparing diligently for the upcoming school year. There is so much going on, with sports and fundraisers to volunteering and buying school supplies that we are busy prepping and planning away. One of the things we love to do as a family to help our children’s schools is collect Box Tops for Education. These little “coupons” are easy to collect and come on different products from brands like Hefty and Reynolds and when your child turns them into school – the school can redeem them for a little money. It’s a fun way for us as a family to work together and have a little fun while doing so.
My boys look forward to shopping and checking out our goods to see if there are any Box Tops on them. Each child takes out their pair of scissors and collects the Box Tops to take to school. It’s a fun little task and we enjoy the reward that it gives the school and our community. Today I want to share with you 5 reasons we collect Box Tops for my kids’ schools and how you can do so for yours too.
- Collecting Box Tops allows my children to have a sense of pride in their school and their work. They can help the school by clipping these “coupons” and we are helping the school by buying products we already need and use and enjoy.
- My children learn that giving and helping others (their fellow students and school) is a great and awesome thing.
- It teaches my children about being organized, helpful and helps to improve their counting skills.
- The money that is raised from the Box Tops collected gives my children and their fellow classmates a better school experience by helping to provide for the school. Two years ago – my sons’ school was able to raise enough money to buy new laptops thanks to the Box Tops collected from the families whose children attend the school.
- Collecting Box Tops also gives our community and family a sense of pride and accomplishment and they help and get involved by giving their Box Tops to my children to take to school.
So what the heck are Box Tops for Education anyway?
Box Tops for Education is a program where you and your family (include your children) can collect Box Tops from designated Reynolds and Hefty products and trade in for $0.10 each. This may sound like a little amount, but let me just tell you – the Box Tops add up and they add up quickly. One year my family and I turned in well over 500 Box Tops for Education and we also collaborated with our neighbors and family members who saved their Box Tops and gave them to the boys to collect as a part of the program. It’s a fun way to keep my kiddos busy year round because they enjoy shopping and looking for products that include them. Like I mentioned, there are so many Reynolds Consumer Products and Brands that participate in Box Tops – you’ll be amazed at how many you already have in your pantry.
Since all of my sons part-take in different extra curricular activities like band, STEM and sports – those and many more activities can benefit from Box Tops for Education and help to provide funds for equipment, technology and so much more. Honestly, your trash (the Box Tops) can easily be clipped and saved to help contribute to your child’s school and you are donating directly to benefit the programs and school as well.
Collecting Box Tops for Education is a huge family affair and one that is kind of considered a tradition. While I collect them with my children (going on 10+ years), I have collected Box Tops with my parents for myself as a child and also with my siblings. As I stated before, my sons’ schools have collected enough Box Tops in the last couple of years to help get new computers for the children to use. Since my twins go to the same school as my eldest had gone for Elementary, they also utilize those computers that we helped collect Box Tops for. It’s a huge sense of pride for myself and my children and a tradition we have been doing since I was their age. I love seeing programs like these progress over the years and I’m proud that it continues now for my children.
You can get ready for school in the Hefty and Reynolds Box Tops for Education “School Supplied” sweepstakes and daily instant win game. They’re giving away thousands of product prizes PLUS 10,000 eBoxTops to 5 lucky schools!
So what about you? Do you and your family collect Box Tops for Education? If you do – that’s awesome, we hope your school benefits tremendously and if you don’t, definitely check out the program and see if it’s something you and yours can utilize.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.