Yay – I’m so excited that it’s finally summer break for the boys. While the twins will be going to Summer school in a few weeks, we still plan to take full advantage of the days we have with each other and summer for us means fun and adventures. Since the boys and I are going to be adventuring around our island like tourists this summer, I figured that I would share with all of you some of the pictures of our journey. While some of them will be fun and exciting, we also plan to revisit some of the places I played in my childhood. So many changes happen as the future evolves and this is my way of sharing all of it with my boys.
A few days ago I found myself pumping gas into my car and an overwhelming feeling of a need to visit sanctuary overcame me. As a child my parents took me to different places on the island to cool off during the summer or hot months or to just relax and as a teenager, I visited these places with friends. I wanted to take a drive to calm my mind. Out of the blue, I found myself driving to little towns that I haven’t been to in over 10 years and what I saw hurt my heart.
My first stop was to Waihee Valley and a location the locals here know as Swinging Bridges. It’s at the top of a narrow road at the base of the mountain range and somewhere I spent many summers, walking across these swinging bridges on a hike to get to the waterfall at the top of the trail. The last time we entered, we were charged a fee (about 10 years ago), even if we were Kama’ainas (local residents). So, I expected that I would need to pay a small fee to enter the grounds again. This time, I was greeted at the top of the road before the entry to Swinging Bridges with a large gate that blocked my entry.
In shock, I sat there for a few minutes to collect my thoughts. How is this even possible? I turned my car around and just as I started my descent back down the road, I passed a local man tending to his garden. His house is located just to the side of where this photo (above) was taken. If you’ve been to Hawaii or live here, then you probably know that even is Aunty or Uncle, so I greeted him by saying… “Good morning Uncle, how are you today?” He responded by approaching my car and we talked story a bit. He explained that the gate was put up about 5 years ago and the property which is owned by the plantation and a private land owner decided to remove access to the public. We talked about how the families that lived in the valley were either moving away or they were offered a lot of money to sell their homes. Long time residents that go back generations that live on the road are also blocked access to something they grew up with. We talked for about 30 minutes and the uncle ended the conversation by saying that I was welcomed to come back any time to wala’au (or talk story).
As a kid, we often went up to those areas to pick fern so that we could make haku leis (floral head wreaths) for hula, weddings and other events. The local people no longer have access to that area any longer without asking for permission. Like I mentioned before, we also swam in the ponds and waterfalls as kids to cool off from the hot Maui heat. About 10 years ago I took my eldest son to these places and he loved it, but now it is no longer accessible.
I absolutely think that those who own the property have the right to block access to the public, however, much of the land in these parts are technically not “owned” by anyone. Hawaii is known for parts of the islands that are blocked from access when they technically are not owned by the person who does so. It’s a common argument throughout the islands. I was so sad to see this gate here because I figured that if it was still easily accessible, this would be one of the places I would bring my sons to go hiking and journeying through the Valley and ending at a gorgeous waterfall. I’m sad to see that the access is blocked, but I know there truly is not much I can do about it to fix the situation. I can only hope that they open it for hiking some days and I can take my sons to visit my childhood stomping grounds.
This was just the beginning of my journey on that day. Over the next week or so I’ll be sharing more of my adventure and over the next couple of months, I’ll be sharing photos and our journey as we enjoy our summer break. Stay tuned for more.
Wishing you all a wonderful summer!
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post and all images are my own. Affiliate links may be posted throughout and all opinions are my own.
You know, living on a small little island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean usually means that I get left out when it comes to events focused on beauty, etc. It’s not that I’m literally left out, but the fact is that many of those events don’t happen here in the islands. So, when they do – I make sure to attend and soak up as much information as I possibly can. About a week ago I was invited to attend the Maui Muse (which I shared about prior to the event here). I was excited to attend and my little sister came along with me to get a little knowledge for herself. The Maui Muse is the first event held here on Maui and was hosted by the Andaz Wailea Resort.
The Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort was absolutely excited to launch their new series hosted on the property, dubbed Maui Muse. This event features various artists across fashion, photography, music, beauty, wellness and much much more. The Maui Muse series at Andaz Maui will be offering guests the opportunity to learn new crafts from some of the world’s leading experts.
To kick off the launch, the first event was held on Tuesday, May 9th from 10am to 12pm and featured MAC Cosmetics as the Maui Muse guest. This gave guests at the resort as well as locals a chance to learn expert tips and tricks on a natural and easy beauty makeup look that can withstand the humid Hawaii weather. MAC Regional Makeup Artist Rebekah Higa. This event was hosted in a private room with a gorgeous view of the ocean. Rebekah performed a live demonstration that provided a plethora of techniques, suggested products and more to create a show stopping but “perfect for Hawaii” look.
I am a huge believer in continued learning, no matter how much you already know – there’s always room for improvement. Attending this event allowed me to get a personal makeup lesson without sacrificing a comfortable location or all the details. I think it’s also very important that when learning to apply makeup – it’s geared towards the weather and location the makeup will be worn. Many don’t realize that Hawaii weather makes makeup practically melt and great techniques and little tips and trips make a huge difference in application as well as longevity.
As an attendee, I received a little treat bag with face charts and a few samples of the products that were used in creating the makeup look – MAC Strobe Cream, MAC Lightful C Tinted Cream SPF 30 with Radiance Booster, MAC False Lashes Extreme Black, and samples of the MAC Shadescents and Lipsticks.
It’s always exciting and fun for me to attend these types of events because I’m reminded of the little details I tend to miss on a daily basis. Makeup is an artform and it’s fun to watch others get creative while learning a trick or two that I may not have remembered or never learned. I also get quite ecstatic when I get to learn about new products. Rebekah Higa (MAC Regional Training Makeup Artist) was so fun to watch and my sister and I surely learned a lot while attending.I’m not quite sure when the next Maui Muse event will be, but I’ll be sure to share it here should I get the information to do so. I definitely suggest checking it out and take advantage of this service that the resort offers. Besides, where else can you go and sit with a view like this one while learning a specific craft?
For more information you can call Andaz Maui Concierge at 808-243-4703.
Thank you Andaz Maui and Maui Muse for including me to take part in this event. I had a blast and look forward to the next.
Disclaimer: I was invited to this event for editorial coverage. All opinions are my own, 100% honest & unbiased. Not sponsored.
I’ve been sitting on these products for a while now, testing and trying out all the shades and I finally feel like it’s time for me to share. Beauty Junkees is quite possibly one of my favorite makeup brush brands and now I can call them one of my favorite “makeup / cosmetic” brands too. Their beauty brushes and sponges are by far some of my favorites and are practically dead on dupes for my higher end ones. So, when they started releasing eye shadows and other makeup products (which you can read about here), I was over the moon. Stay tuned in the coming weeks because I’ve been sitting on their blushes too and a few other products that I simply can’t wait to share. Today I’m going to chit chat with you about the Beauty Junkees Eye Shadow Singles, so hang tight and let’s have a some colorful fun, shall we?
Let’s talk about affordability without sacrificing quality. For $119.00 you can get 28 single eye shadow pans and a really good magnetic makeup palette. The shadows come in individual pans that can be organized in the included empty magnetic palette to help keep them organized and portable. I’ve talked about this palette before in another post, and it’s really one of my favorites. The palette includes a duo ended eye brush and not just any brush, but a really good “Beauty Junkees quality” brush. The pans are 26mm and fit into the palette without any issue. No need to pick up additional magnets or do any funky depotting (which I hate to do).
Now, let’s talk about the eye shadows themselves. There are a total of 34 gorgeous shades in a range of cool and warm tones (which we all know I love). They are buttery soft and definitely something worth looking into. Buildable and blendable color and I love that they shadows are quite easy to work with. Each eye shadow is triple milled and pressed, allowing you to use them wet or dry. Each shadow individually retails for between $6.00 and you can select between matte, satin and shimmer shades. I find that these shadows apply nicely and I was beyond impressed with how buttery the matte shadows feel. I didn’t really notice much fall out when applying and used over primer gave these shadows great longevity.
I have swatches I want to share with you on the shades available. I am very impressed with the matte shades and I love the color range that is available.
Left to Right (top row in my custom palette): Victorian Gold, Vanilla Freeze, Peachsicle, Cosmetic Peach, Peach Vanilla, Stay Golden, Winter Wheat
Left to Right (second row in my custom palette): Iced Lace, Tiki Shed, Sugared Shortbread, First Snow, Beams of Light, Tiger, Gold Flicker
Left to Right (third row in my custom palette): Dash of Curry, Tuscan Rose, Raspberry Glaze, Crushed Velvet, Love Affair, Rose Beige, Penny Lover
Left to Right (last row in my custom palette): Sonic, Ripe Olive, Brew, Stingray Gray, Brown Canyon, Blue Slate, Black Leather
Beauty Junkees also offers their Eye Shadow Quad Kits that include four shadow magnetic refill pans. This is the perfect way to grab a few shades that you know you’ll use. I am a fan of individual shadows because I love to customize my own palettes so that I’m sure I’ll use them instead of having some shadows untouched. I also absolutely love the quality of these as well as the price point. Overall – the pigmentation and quality are really nice.
I am so excited to share this with all of you. Where are all my eye shadow lovers at? Check out this gorgeous bunch of shadows from @beautyjunkees Beauty Junkees is one of my favorite makeup brush creators and I’m excited that they have branched out to include cosmetic products like eye shadows. These are so pretty. Also – if you’re looking for a great magnetic palette to hold all your shadows… hello, they have those too (the palette pictured is from Beauty Junkees). Check out the link and see what else they have to offer. I’ll have a full review of these shadows as well as swatches on the blog in the next week, so stay tuned for that… but I couldn’t not share these beauties now… I’ve had them for over 2 weeks and I just couldn’t hold back the excitement. http://ow.ly/bp7C309j2Is #pr
Cruelty Free, Made in the USA, Paraben, and Gluten Free all make these products worth checking out. Beauty Junkees also offers a guarantee that if you try it and don’t like it – you can return it for a full refund up to 30 days after you receive it. No questions asked. They have also been compared to Makeup Geek (though I couldn’t tell you from personal experience since I don’t own anything from MG).
Since my original post on Instagram I have been asked time and time again to reveal my overall thoughts on this product line. Let’s face it, I’m all about saving a buck if I can and I know that Beauty Junkees makeup products will continue to remain a staple in my makeup arsenal. I didn’t include the additional shades that didn’t fit in the palette, but don’t worry – they are just as gorgeous as the others (I’ll update as soon as I can with swatches of those too).
If I get a discount code in the future, I’ll be sure to share and post here.
So what about you? Have you heard of Beauty Junkees or have you tried any of their products? I definitely suggest it if you haven’t already. The ratings on Amazon are good for great reason… Beauty Junkees really is great!
Disclaimer: The products featured in this post were sent for review consideration. All opinions are my own, 100% honest & unbiased. Affiliate links are posted throughout.
I know I’ve been featuring Pixi Beauty on the blog quite often lately, but in all honesty, I have a serious crush on the products I’ve been trying from the brand. Between the influencer collaborations to products they’ve been releasing consistently, I have definitely been crushing on the Pixi by Petra. Today we’re going to chat about some of their Skin Teats – like literally, that’s what tab they are labeled under on the website (and with good reason, because they totally are). These beauty mists have been my lazy girl best friends lately and I am excited to share them with all of you.
Everyone knows that a great makeup or skincare mist for the face is definitely essential but in some cases, it’s a luxury that many can’t afford. However, over the last year or so – brands have been coming out with affordable versions and Pixi is definitely killing it in the game. At just $15.00 each, you can’t help but want to give these babies a whirl and see how they work. I have been using these skin treats mists now for at least 2 months and boy oh boy, I’m in love.
The Hydrating Milky Mist is one I had on my mind for a few months and I was so excited to get it in my recent box to try. This deeply hydrating mist provides and invisible layer of skin-soothers and is the ultimate remedy for dry skin like mine. It’s feather light and offers your skin a surge of hydration with hyaluronic acid to help plump the skin. It’s perfect for all skin types and provides a blend of black oat, provitamin A, and linoleic acid to rejuvenate the skin and provide a perfect first layer of moisture before you apply serums and makeup. I shake my bottle and spray onto my skin in the morning or night (or anytime I feel my face needs a little hydration). It’s easy to apply and one of my favorites.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dipropylene Glycol, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-10 Oleate, Ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Allantoin, Ceteareth-20, Trideceth-10, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Ceteareth-12, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Benzoic Acid, Lecithin, Avena Strigosa Seed Extract. 80ml / 2.70 fl.oz
Before I go further, I also wanted to add that the spray nozzle on these bottles is great. You get the perfect amount each time you use it. I love it.
The Makeup Fixing Mist with Rose Water and Green Tea has also become one of my favorite products. Like most makeup setting sprays – this one prolongs makeup wear and keeps it from moving, melting and settling into fine lines and pores. With the rose water and green tea infused formula, this spray helps to comfort, protect and balance the skin for a fresh face. I love how it leaves my skin looking hydrated and really helps to give my skin a fresh look, regardless of how much makeup I have on. I don’t have to worry about looking cake-face with this product. This spray has replaced two of my favorites because it’s affordable and I love the smell. If you’re looking for a spray that will set your makeup while adding a soft-focus finish, you’ll surely enjoy this one.
*I use this spray after makeup or spray directly onto my makeup brush before applying eye shadow for a foiled, more intense look.
Ingredients: Water, Alcohol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Citrate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Trideceth-10, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Leaf Extract, Soleirolia Soleirolii Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Origanum Majorana Leaf Extract, Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Pinus Densiflora Extract, Thuja Orientalis Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Origanum Vulgare Leaf Extract, Niacinamide, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Maltodextrin, Ethyl Hexanediol, Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polyquaternium-51, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pyridoxine HCl, Silica. 80ml / 2.70 fl.oz.
The Glow Mist is a product I’ve been using for quite a few months now and it’s one of my favorites. Since I don’t use makeup daily and I’m always on the hunt for a glowy, dewy look, I think this product is one that gets the job done when I need it to. The Glow Mist gives my face a luminous and glowing look while still leaving me with a smooth complexion. It’s enriched with 13 natural oils plus propolis, aloe vera and fruit extracts. It hydrates my skin while nourishing and also acts as a makeup setting spray while leaving my skin looking glowy and fresh. I use it in the morning or evening when I need it and I even spray some on my shoulders when I am wearing something that exposes them some. I love this product and I absolutely enjoy how it gives me that beachy (just get out of the water from a dip) look without being on the sand or getting wet.
Ingredients: Water, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Propolis Extract, Niacinamide, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Betaine, Sodium Hyaluronate, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Panthenol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Adenosine, Rose Flower Oil, Tagetes Minuta Flower Oil, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Elettaria Cardamomum Seed Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Vetiveria Zizanoides Root Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil. 80ml / 2.70 fl.oz
Last but not least, let’s talk the Pixi Vitamin Wakeup Mist. First of all, I’m a morning person, so I love a product that just wakes up my skin so that I look like I feel – excited and ready to start my day. This mist offers a boost to my skin while revitalizing it and giving my complexion an awakened effect. The orange blossom water base is blended with skin-loving citrus fruit extracts, lavender, and arginine. This mist helps to strengthen and tone while adding hydration and a protective veil to the skin. It cools, refreshes and wakes up your skin to start your day. You can use this in the AM or PM and it works wonders for those days when you feel like you needed to snooze your alarm a few more times.
Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Allantoin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Citrus Grandis (grapefruit) Peel Oil, Adenosine, Tropolone, Disodium EDTA, Arginine, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Sinensis Peel Oil Expressed, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Maltodextrin, Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pryidoxine HCI, Silica.
I am always excited to share Pixi products with all of you – especially when they are products that I’ve been loving lately. These are definitely some of my favorites and I’ll be stocking up on them as I run out.
I wanted to mention that Pixi is having a Friends & Family Sales Event – Save 20% OFF your order from May 16th to 23rd at http://pixibeauty.com (online orders only) This discount excludes Pixi Pretties Collection. Use CODE: pixifriends17 to get your discount.
So what about you, have you tried any of these awesome finds? If so, definitely let me know what you think of them. If not, is there anything you have your sites on?
Have a wonderful day and week.
Disclaimer: The products featured in this post were sent for review consideration. As with anything you see or read about here on my blog, all opinions are my own, 100% honest & unbiased. Affiliate links are posted throughout.
We are literally just a few short days away from celebrating Mother’s Day. As a mother, I look forward to spending this day with my husband and sons because they are the ones that make me a mom, but this year, my eldest son will be off island for a band concert and I’m certainly going to miss him. If you’re wondering why it has taken me so long to share with you a little gift guide as I tend to do each year, well – that’s the reason! I’ve been able to spend this day with all of my boys since they were born so I have been in my own little pity party the last few days knowing that he wouldn’t be home. A few days ago, I realized that I needed to get over myself and be thankful that my husband and sons treat me like Mother’s Day is every day and no special day on the calendar is ever required. So – while I am a bit late at sharing my gift lift with all of you – I figured that I would make this post because any day is a great day to get a treat – right?
The first thing on my list is this gorgeous necklace from The Vintage Pearl which you can find on The Grommet. The Grommet has to be one of my go-to websites for finding unique gifts for my loved ones. This Messy Nest Necklace is a cute treasured keepsake and I absolutely love it. Whether you are getting it for your moms or grandmothers, I’m sure it will be a hit. The necklace starts at $42.00 and is handcrafted in the United States of antiqued silver wire. Each nest is handcrafted and filled with freshwater pearls – one for each child in the wearer’s heart. It’s set on a sterling silver ball chain and can be customized to match the number of children in the family. The creator of The Vintage Pearl is a mom herself and started creating from her kitchen table in hopes to be able to be a stay at home and work from home mom. This is probably one of my favorite pieces to share with you because it’s certainly a sentimental piece. I hope that The Vintage Pearl will offer this in gold one day.
Get a Messy Nest Necklace from The Vintage Pearl here.
Next is another gorgeous piece that can also be found on The Grommet. The Family Tree Necklace by Vintage Stamp Jewels is a great piece that can be worn every day. The delicate family tree charm represents the life connections that matter to each of us. You can choose the color and number of Swarovski crystal charms that accompany your tree. The bezel-set crystals can represent any important moments or people from birthstones of children or grandchildren, milestones and anniversaries or any special date or time that is close to your heart.
You can learn more about this gorgeous piece and get one for yourself or a loved one here.
Now, when I think of Mother’s Day – I always associate a really great face mask as a gift. Here’s the deal, I LOVE an awesome face mask and some of my favorites come from Miss Spa. If you’ve been a long time follower of my blog, then you know I’ve raved and talked about this brand a lot over the years. What I love about Miss Spa is their wide range of masks available for a variety of skin types and textures. You literally can find one to fit your needs or someone you love.
Did I mention that these masks are so affordable? Depending on the type you select, they start at about $4.00 each and go up in price from there and you can easily find a mask that suits you. I definitely love a great face mask for Mother’s Day because I don’t have time for an at Spa pampering so I love doing it at home.
You can learn more about Miss Spa products, purchase your own or get it as a gift here or at your local Ulta or Drugstore.
Bath Bombs are a favorite gift to receive and to give on Mother’s Day. For years my sons and I made creations of our favorite scents and dried flowers to give as gifts, a tradition that my sisters and I did when we were teenagers. One of my long time favorite handcrafted websites for great bath, body and essential oils is Sky Organics. I’ve been using their essential oils for a few years now and I just had to include them in this guide. All moms deserve a little pampering and bath bombs are those little fizzy wonders that just help any mom relax. Sky Organics offers their Organic Bath Bombs Gift Set for just $25.99 (one of my favorites besides my own handmade ones) and it includes 6 beautiful bath bombs in an assortment of scents – Caribbean Coconut (my favorite), Lavender Lemon Muffin, Love Potion, Mermaid Kiss, Strawberry Milkshake and Sugar Rose. These beauties are made in the USA and each bath bomb has a net weight of 5 oz. It’s a total steal for sure.
If bath bombs aren’t your thing, then be sure to check out their wide range of essential oils. They offer a set with all of their oils for just $50. Did I mention they also provide FREE SHIPPING. Head on over to their website here for more information.
LATHER is another company I recommend to anyone and they offer gift sets that are perfect for Mother’s Day or any day of the year. Their Dream On set ($58.00) includes their blue chamomile foaming bath treatment, lavender aromatherapy candle, Art of Tea sleep tea handcrafted loose leaf tea (organic), tea infuser, quiet night relaxing balm, eye mask, and a reusable gift box. All of these essentials are perfect for treating mom to a night of a little peace, quiet and relaxation. With my sleepless nights and insomnia, this kid would be the absolute perfect way for me to just settle down and relax.
Learn more about LATHER’S gift sets and products here.
I’ve been swooning over IT Cosmetics the last few months now and I knew I just had to include some of these beauties. Honestly, I’ve been totally stalking IT Cosmetic’s website now making a VERY LARGE wish list of items I want to try. I have literally only tried their Je Ne Sais Quoi Lip Treatment and Bye Bye Under Eye, so I find that this portion of my post has an ulterior motive for me… hehehe! Maybe my friends and family who see this will snatch something from IT for me for Mother’s Day. Hey, one can hope, right. j/k! This year IT Cosmetics is offering a bunch of IT girl essentials that will literally have your Mom feeling her most beautiful on this special day and always.
The Your Beautiful Basics Airbrush 101 5-Piece Face and Eye Getting Started Brush Set $58 is the perfect set for any makeup loving addict. Every woman needs a great basic brush set in her makeup bash and the Airbrush 101 is how you get started with it all. Blend, blur, buff and perfect for a flawless airbrushed finish with a brand of brushes that are known to be super soft and luxurious.
Now – of course, makeup brushes are definitely my thang so I had to share with you the Face & Eye Essentials Mini 5-Piece Face and Eye Travel Brush Set. This set retails for $30 and it wold be a great hit for Mom. An awesome powder, eye shadow brushes and liner brush can help you get ready in a flash. Four brushes are included to line, define, smoke out and blend. Plus, you get an all-over complexion brush for all the basics from foundation to blush and illuminizer. This is a great kit that includes the tools to get that fab look.
The Je Ne Sais Quoi Lip Treatment ( I just mentioned about how this is one of the products I have tried from IT) is also a great gift selection. But, this NEW Je Ne Sais Quoi Lip Treatment is now available in Rose. It contains the essential butters and oils, hyaluronic filling spheres and antioxidants for your softest and smoothest looking pout while it flushes your lip to the perfect rosy pink. The original is my go-to when I’m in a rush or not feeling makeup but want a little color to my lips. It’s definitely something I’d buy for my mom and something I’d love to receive as a gift. It retails for $24.00
Lastly from IT Cosmetics, I wanted to share with you the Bye Bye Pores Blush (retail $24). This award-winning Bye Bye Pores formula is infused with optical-blurring pigments which instantly diffuse the look of pores and discoloration. It’s filled with skin-loving ingredients like anti-aging silk, hydrolyzed collagen, antioxidants, and peptides which will give any Mom (any body) a youthful flush. I definitely think this is perfect for me or my mom because we love a great blush and anything that is infused with ingredients we love, well – it’s definitely a must have.
You can purchase any of these products on IT Cosmetics website here.
Who says hair products and tools don’t make great gifts? Not me! I would love to get a fab hair tool for Mother’s Day so I figured I would include something that would help mom eliminate the “hair tool storage” and get a 3 in 1 that can do the trick. The CHI Ellipse 3-in-1 Styling Iron is a great tool to make convenience mom’s game. You can create a multitude of looks using this very versatile styler that includes 3 styling options in one tool. With Teflon and Titanium plates to create smooth and sleep styles on a non-stick surface. You can great smooth hair, curls and waves with just one tool. The styler has adjustable temperature settings that heat up to 410 °F / 210 °C. It has a ceramic heater for consistent temperature and an LED touch sensitive temperature control and display. You also get a temperature lock feature (oooh… fancy) and a 1 hour shut-off. I also love that it comes with it’s own glove, so you have everything you need for the perfect hair style. The CHI Ellipse 3-in-1 Styling Iron retails for $110 but the price is reasonable considering the quality of the product and the fact that you can use it for more than one style.
You can learn more about this tool or grab one for yourself or your mom here.
This next gift idea is untraditional, but definitely something worth mentioning. The Revolar Instinct (I’ll have a full review on this product in the next week or so) has been a very important part of my everyday. Retailing for $80, this little device can be the perfect gift in a big way. The Revolar is a product that is brand new (the Indiegogo campaign has just completed) but a tool that I think is very worth the while. It’s a quarter sized connect button that with 1-3 clicks, the Instinct can send different custom alerts to friends and family to let them know where the user is and what level of help they need. Unfortunately, sexual assault is on a rise here in the United States and violence against women is at an all-time high. You can send help to your location with a few clicks of this wearable device. It not only empowers you to be proactive about your safety, but this little Instinct will help ou stay in touch with loved ones as well. Did I mention it also tracks your steps? There are no chords, and easy to use device and you can replace a battery in about a year so you don’t have to worry about charging it. Last year my mom was sitting in a parking lot when someone tried to attack her. Luckily she was in her car and was able to escape. When I was 4 years old, a man attempted to kidnap me, I was in his car and he was about to drive away when my dad stopped him in his tracks. Devices like this are easy to use and definitely worth it. I wish I had one for each person in my family. I had to share this with you because it’s a gift I think that would be invaluable to any mom and anyone. Like I said, a full review will be coming soon – so stay tuned.
Learn more about the Revolar Instinct and find out how to get one for yourself here.
I’ll be honest, as a mother, I can honestly say that any type of gift is such a wonderful sentiment, but I never expect it. I think that Mother’s Day is every day of the year for me and I’m so lucky to call myself a mom. I love creating handmade gifts for my mom and my mother in law from all of us because I think it’s special and I’m quite good with a glue gun. Little flowers or hairpins decorated in fabric or paper always seem to make our loved ones happy. At the end of the day – a gift should come from the heart, whether purchased or made. My sons make me handmade cards each year and I cherish them with all my heart.
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!
I want to remind you that Mother’s Day is every single day of the year. If you’ve been following me a while then you know that I believe this to be so with Valentine’s Day too. Hmmm… I wish Christmas and birthdays were every day of the year also, hahaha! Anyway – no matter the gift or sentiment you give to the moms in your life, make it special. This last minute gift guide was not intended to be late, but I’m reminded that a present for mom doesn’t have to be given only one day a year so even if you miss picking up one of these for that special lady in your life – feel free to use this as a guide to put together a special treat for her at anytime.
I want to take this time to wish all of the mommies out there (whether you have human children or fur babies) a wonderful Mother’s Day this Sunday. May your day be filled with lots of love and hugs and a whole lot of warmth and happiness.
“To the world you are a Mother, but to your family you are the World.”
Disclaimer: Some of the products featured in this post were sent for review consideration, while others were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own, 100% honest & unbiased, as with anything you see on this site. Affiliate links may be posted throughout.
Just a little info for my readers…
PCA SKIN is helping to brighten Mom’s Day (and her skin too) this Mother’s Day with the PCA SKIN Mother’s Glow Event. Basically, anyone who makes a purchase on pcaskin.com between May 7th and May 10, 2017 will have the opportunity to send an exclusive Mother’s Glow Gift Set to Mom for FREE. There is No Minimum order necessary and after making your purchase, each customer will have the opportunity to select 1 to 3 specifically curated gift sets to be sent to Mom directly with a special message. Get all the details here.
What: PCA SKIN Mother’s Glow event
Why: Women love to share, it makes them feel good! And what better holiday than Mother’s Day to give PCA SKIN customers the opportunity to share their skincare favorites with Mom with a Mother’s Glow gift set.
How it works:
- Between Sunday, May 7th and Wednesday, May 10th all customers who purchase anything on pcaskin.com (no minimum cart size) will have the opportunity to send a specially curated gift set, at no cost (except for $5 shipping) to someone special.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an exclusive email containing a one-time use promo code directing you to a private link, an exclusive landing page where you will choose from 1 of 3 gift sets.
- Page also contains additional products to add to gift as optional
- Upon checkout, you will have the opportunity to write a special gift message to include with your order.
I am always excited to see that new events happen here on Maui. Today, while I know it’s last minute, I’m still totally stoked to share this with all of you. The Andaz Wailea Resort will be hosting the M.A.C. Cosmetics First Maui Muse.
Get all the details and reserve your complimentary spot at: 808.243.4703.
Hope to see you there!
As a mom, I’m all about making sure my sons get exactly what they need to flourish, but I also love a great pampering as well. What mother doesn’t love the whole Hollywood treatment anyway? Just in time for Mother’s Day, I’m going to be sharing with you a little sneak peak at Hollywood celebrities’ Mother’s Day Gift Bags. 25 Celebrity moms are getting the exclusive assortment of different products this holiday delivered right to them and I figured I would share it with all of you. Many of these are “new to me brands” so why not share them with you.
- AlexAnne Beauty: Cruelty free, long lasting liquid matte and cream lipsticks. www.alexannebeauty.com
- Alexis Seletzky: 10 personal training sessions in a private West Hollywood gym with celebrity trainer Alexis Seletzky.
- ARIZER: Our most powerful portable vaporizer yet! High Quality Components and an all-glass vapor path delivers pure & tasty vapor every time. www.arizer.com
- ARTLORD: An Original 1/1 Hand embellished fine art screen print, as well as a gift certificate towards future artwork by Los Angeles Artist, Artlord. www.artworkbyartlord.com
- Bangarang: Handmade wooden box filled with 199 cards of positive actions and quotes. For every Positive Cube purchased, a donation is made to a charity or a cause. www.gobangarang.com
- beautyblender original: foundation application sponge. www.beautyblender.com
- BeBibs: BeBibs are fashion adult bibs that safeguard your clothes against the perils of everyday life. BeBibs easily cover any outfit to protect from makeup, food or beverage spills and drips and can be worn at any time of day. www.bebibs.com
- Coobie Seamless Bras: Inexpensive, ultra comfortable, and supportive, the Coobie Seamless Bra truly fits 32A-36D with full sizes available. 70+ trending colors and patterns with 7+ styles! www.shopcoobie.com
- CPR Anytime: CPR Anytime allows anyone to learn the core skills of adult Hands-Only CPR in just 20 minutes using their own personal kit. The program also includes other lifesaving techniques such as child CPR, choking relief and AED awareness. This kit from the American Heart Association is designed to be shared among close family and friends. www.heart.org/cpranytime
- Crayola: Customized Crayola My Way Inspiration Art Case filled with crayons, markers, and colored pencils. Each art case will be customized with a Mother’s Day themed graphic and personalized including the celebrity’s name on the front panel. www.crayola.com
- Crayola: Mess-Free Creativity on-the-go. Crayola Color Wonder Stow & Go Studio Includes Color Wonder Studio Case, 4 Color Wonder Mini Markers and 12–page Color Wonder Activity Book www.crayola.com
- Crystal Hills Organics: Revitalize your soul and indulge the skin as you bathe in Crystal Love. Experience the healing and purifying properties of rose quartz, Dead Sea salt, Himalayan sea salt, rose petals, rooibos, hibiscus and fireweed. www.crystalhills.com
- Dragon Mist: Dragon Mist is an all-natural topical spray formulated for after piercing care as well as soothing and treating skin irritations. www.wickeddragonmist.com
- FXP Hula Hoop Fitness: FXP Fitness is bringing recess back with the world’s first portable fitness Hula Hoop! With exercises based on pilates, barre and yoga, our 4-DVD series is proven to burn up to 800 calories an hour for a smile-inducing sweat-fest. Recipients will also receive our exercise mat and 3 in-home personal training sessions that can be used in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Nashville, New York, or Boston. www.fxpfitness.com
- Genexa: Genexa has created the world’s first certified organic and non-GMO over-the-counter medicine.Gift sets include Stress Relief, Sleepology, Allergy-D for Children and Calm Keeper for Children. www.genexahealth.com
- Hasbro: Visit www.HasbroGaming.com to learn more about the latest and greatest games from Hasbro, including the Fantastic Gymnastics game and the Monopoly Token Madness Edition game!
- Havenly: Havenly is gifting a Full Room design package. This includes professional online design services for one room re-design. www.havenly.com
- Healing Saint by DrJane360: Healing Saint Luminosity Skin Serum uses a polypeptide complex and natural botanical extracts to gently and effectively reduce the appearance of fine lines, fade age spots, minimize uneven tones and increase luminosity. Healing Saint Hair Follicle Stimulant replaces what has been lost due to aging and replenishes the essential growth factors, preventing further hair loss. www.drjane360.com
- Invisible Fitness: Invisible Fitness Formula – 5 Secrets to Release Weight and End Body Shame. www.jjflizanes.com
- Kiklos Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil by The Olive Fruit: Kiklos is a limited production, single varietal Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil, that is cold pressed from delicately harvested Peloponnese Koroneiki olives, which bear its famed antioxidant-rich “Kiklos Kick” flavor. www.theolivefruit.com
- Lady Amber’s Reviews: 5 paperback books: Winter in Sweetwater County by Ciara Knight, In My Dreams by Cameo Renae, Little Moments by Madison Street, Perfect Imperfections by J & L Wells, and Broken Wide Open by Susan Griscom. www.ladyambersreviews.com
- Lansinoh Laboratories: A Smarter Way toPump! Lansinoh’s New Smartpump™ Double Electric Breastpump uses Bluetooth® technology to connect seamlessly to the Lansinoh Baby App to track pumping sessions, baby’s activities and more, simplifying your pumping routine. Three customizable pumping styles mimic baby’s natural feeding pattern to maximize milk production and comfort. Hygienic closed system design guarantees no milk backup in tubing or motor for easier cleaning. www.lansinoh.com
- Medice: Amazing Medice Foot Cream helps make heels smooth and crack free. www.medicehealth.com
- Naples Soap Company: Pink Grapefruit Body Butter, Sea Salt Scrub and Body Oil; Oatmeal Goat’s Milk & Honey Natural Soap; Morning Wood Sea Salt Soap; The Muscle Stick; Unscented Moisturizer Stick; The Eczema Soap; Unscented Body Butter; and Bath Bomb Barrel. www.naplessoap.com
- N.B.T.F. Nothing But The Fruit: Introducing N.B.T.F. Nothing But The Fruit™ Real Fruit Bites. 100% fruit-picked, pureed and pressed into bite sized pieces for healthy snacking on the go! Each pack contains 1 serving of fruit that’s non-GMO, vegan & gluten free, with NO refined sugar, artificial preservatives or flavors. www.nbtf.com
- Oatbox: Oatbox is a breakfast subscription-based company that delivers monthly-curated boxes of natural, healthy and delicious granola mixes and high-protein breakfast bars. Each month, customers can choose from two new Monthly Discovery mixes featuring seasonal ingredients, in addition to the house flavors – all delivered right to customers doors for $20 including free nationwide shipping. Eating oats is often suggested to new moms to increase milk supply, as they are rich in iron and help in lowering cholesterol levels. www.oatbox.com
- Parasol Ultra-Soft Diapers: Parasol ultra-soft diapers are safe, responsible and crafted for performance. www.parasolco.com
- Paris Honoré: Paris Honoré is redefining natural skincare by using the fewest yet finest organic ingredients that yield visible results. Our Flawless Face Care Trio, Our Hand Bag Essential set and the first cosmetic-grade, alcohol-free hand and skin sanitizer highlight our commitment to less is more. www.parishonore.com
- Phobia Relief: From Fear to Freedom: International bestseller book. www.phobiarelief.org
- Pirate’s Booty, Aged White Cheddar: Pirate’s Booty—’tis the most delicious gluten-free snack to ever set sail. Every perfect rice and corn puff is baked with aged white cheddar cheese. With no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives, you’ll never find a more craveable crunch! www.piratebrands.com
- PonyDry: PonyDry is the first product designed to allow moms with long hair to wash only the part of their hair that really matters – the roots – while keeping their ends dry, and maintaining their style. www.ponydry.com
- Reloved: The Loved Shirts by Reloved were created to make women feel loved and to know that you are helping women you don’t know feel loved. A portion of the proceeds goes directly to help women in need. www.reloved.com
- Rest-Rite Sleep Positioner: Instead of pushing your partner over all night because of snoring, you can simply pop a Rest-Rite Sleep Positioner under his back or shirt and within seconds you have solved the problem. Now when your partner tries to roll onto his back, this positioner gives a gentle nudge to remain on his side. www.restrite.ca
- Revision Skincare: Nectifirm® helps the skin appear more firm and lifted. It is the highest rated neck product on the market, according to Kline & Company, a respected provider of world-class market intelligence. www.revisionskincare.com
- Rumi X: eco-friendly leggings, sports bra, tank top and headbands made from recycled plastic bottles and coffee grounds. www.rumixfeelgood.com
- Rustic MAKA: Rustic MAKA is a family-owned natural body care company, dedicated to work towards reclaiming our customer’s well-being. We embrace simplicity and offer the highest quality products that go beyond today’s standards of natural, through the use of exceptional ingredients, sustainable applications, no animal testing and above all, honesty. Our products are made in small batches with plant-based ingredients and absolutely no animal testing. They are designed with the sensitive to normal skin in mind and each product has been crafted with organic butters and oils, fortifying minerals, vitamins and nutrient-rich botanical extracts that will stimulate and nourish the skin. www.rusticmaka.com
- Slimware: Chic portion-control plates with the diet concept disguised in the design. www.slimwareplates.com
- SweetCheeks Cellulite Massage Mats: Sit on your sweetcheeks for a daily 30-minute massage to increase circulation and reduce the appearance of cellulite. Just sit again every day to maintain your results. Nothing to plug in – powered by you. www.sweetcheeksproducts.com
- VEERAH: VEERAH is a mission-driven luxury shoe company founded for women to conquer the world in impeccable style and make a positive impact. Our core design and business philosophy rests on the belief “Do Good. Look Incredible.” www.veerah.com
- youtheory: sleep powder, collagen and turmeric packets. www.youtheory.com
The list of this year’s famous mommies and mommies-to-be includes Kerry Washington, Katherine Heigl, Mila Kunis, Anna Chlumsky, Ellie Kemper, Blake Lively, Vanessa Lachey, Blac Chyna, Amber Tamblyn, Tori Spelling, Amy Smart, Beyoncé, Lily Rabe, Amanda Seyfried, Ciara, Lauren Conrad, Audra McDonald, Natalie Portman, Alanis Morissette, Chrissy Teigen, Tyra Banks, Hoda Kotb, P!nk, Lake Bell and Janet Jackson.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. Samples of products are sent for review consideration. However, as with anything on this site – all opinions are my own, 100% honest & unbiased. Affiliate links are posted through out.