Woohoo for Halloween. While it is not our favorite Holiday, Halloween certainly ranks top in my family’s list of days in the year. With Halloween approaching just a few short days away, my family has been on a binge watching our favorite Halloween movies and shows to get in the spirit of the holiday. Today we wanted to share with you some of our favorites both Family and Kid Friendly. It’s been years since I have watched anything really gory so most of what you will see listed here can be watched by all ages, a few are more for adults and some kid choices too. Happy Halloween to all and have a fun and safe night!
The movies listed through out are in no particular order. We love them all!
- Halloween Town – All the Movies (1998)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
- Hocus Pocus (1993)
- Beetlejuice (1988)
- Edward Scissorhands
- Hotel Transylvania
- Addams Family / Addams Family Values
- People Under the Stairs (there are some bad words in this show – my eldest can watch it, but not the twins)
- Lady in White
- ParaNorman (2012)
- Harry Potter Series (my family can literally have a marathon of Harry Potter movies year round)
- It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1966)
- Labyrinth (1986)
- The Witches (1990)
- Monster’s University
- Practical Magic
- Casper (1995)
- The Haunted Mansion
- Alvin & The Chipmunks Halloween Specials (especially Alvin & The Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman)
- Little Monsters
- Teen Witch
Now keep in mind that some of these are totally kid friendly and some movies you may need to determine if your children can watch them. Overall these are jut a few we enjoy and pull out during Halloween to have a fun family movie watching adventure. If we continued our list… well, we would be here another 365 days.
Regardless of whether or not you are celebrating Halloween or just staying home with a cup of cocoa – from my family to yours, we wish you a wonderful day! We hope you enjoy our list of movies as much as we do!
Happy Movie Watching and Happy Halloween!