Let me be real with you all for a second… when asked, “What is your no makeup makeup look?” I’ll straight up answer you with… “Um, no makeup – at all!”
But, It’s absolutely no secret that my every day makeup look (if I am using any makeup that is) is mascara and a lippy and on most days. Since I really do not use makeup, but I want to add a little sexy to the mix, I’ll pull out my big guns, my heavy hitters… my HG products. So today, in collaboration with a few gals from the Beauty Blogger Collab, I’m bringing to you my “no makeup” makeup look. This is what I put on when I need a little swag in my look, but still want minimal makeup. Of course, like I mentioned earlier – if you are looking for a look with literally no makeup, well – that works too 🙂
So let’s chit chat a little about what my no-makeup makeup look is. I definitely want to look polished and put together and it all starts with great skin and my skin care regime. To give me that fresh dewy look that I love, I make sure to cleanse, add my favorite serums like Hyaluronic Acid and Anti-Wrinkle serum and then finish with a great moisturizer. These products alone give me a natural glow and really freshen up my face and my look. It’s essential that I do this each day to keep a youthful appearance.
My basic and daily makeup products for me are mascara and lip balm so mascara and a lippy of choice is a definite must have. My lashes are really short, so if I have clear eye lash glue on hand, I’ll slap on a pair of flirty false lashes, but today I opted for a few coats of mascara to help open up my eyes. Since I have my eyeliner tattooed, adding mascara to my lashes not only opens my eyes more but also enhances my tattooed liner and makes my lash line look fuller. My lips are another thing… if I am not pulling for a colored lip balm, I’m reaching for my favorite nude lippies to help enhance my pout. Usually my no-makeup look would stop there, but if I want to add a little something extra, I’ll add a blush, highlight and a light contour. Applying these with a light hand are key to get that sunkissed and radiant look that adds a little to your makeup but keeps them guessing if you have anything on.
Here are the products I used on my look today:
- Brows – For my brows, since they are shaped fairly well and are full, I used my NYX Control Freak Eye Brow Gel. (Review here) I swept this product over my brows to set them in place for the day.
- Lashes – Since I have short lashes, I like to layer certain mascaras to make my lashes stand out without false eyelashes. Today I used my Covergirl Super Sizer mascara layered with Benefit’s Roller Lash. These two lashes paired together help to give me some length and volume without looking spidery or clumpy.
- Lips – One of my absolute go-to lippies for an “every day” or no-makeup look is MAC’s High Tea. This lipstick is the perfect nude with a gloss texture and offers the perfect color to compliment my pout.
- Bronzer – To add a little warmth, a light bronze and some subtle contouring I used Laura Geller’s Bronze-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Bronzer in medium. Using a domed bronzing brush I light dust this all over the areas I want to give a subtle bronze look. It’s not about contouring but more about a light definition.
- Blush & Highlight – For a little color to my cheeks and a soft highlight I used my Laura Geller Blush-N-Brighten in Como. This combination has a blend of pink and gold to offer the perfect amount of color to your cheeks and a gorgeous peach gold highlight so the sun looks like it is perfectly kisses your cheeks. With a fluffy brush I lightly dust this on the applies of my cheeks and blend onto my cheek bone.
- Set your makeup – To set and put that nice dewy look back into my face, I spritz on one of my favorite facial sprays. Today I used my Evian Mineral Water Spray. Since it is warm, this is perfect to cool me down but also give my makeup that effortless, no-makeup look.
My normal “no-makeup” makeup look is pretty easy and simple to create but it puts a little pep in my step and still gives me that “put together” look without using too much. If I go with a basic look (mascara and lippy) or add a little blush, bronze & highlight – it’s something you can definitely see me rocking out most of the time. If I were asked what my go-to look for Summer is, this is it.
So what are your favorite go-to’s to create that “no-makeup”? When I say “no makeup” I mean it, but sometimes we could use a little style and flair to our look, don’t you think? Be sure to stop by and check out the links below for the no-makeup makeup looks of the lovely ladies from the Beauty Blogger Collab.
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links through out this post. Some of the products mentioned or discussed may have been sent to me as Press Samples over the years but nonetheless, all thoughts and opinions are my own and 100% honest & unbiased.