If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen me post about this collection last week. The Colourpop Mondays in Malibu collection was rolled out as a part of their summer goods and I have had it in my possession now for a few weeks. I have been on a no-buy for a few months but as soon as that collection was rolled out, I immediately fell in love with the shades. I figured, since it is still available – that I would share it with you and you can decide for yourself if it is something that you would enjoy. My gosh – I swear my blog is turning into a Colourpop hub, but I can’t help it – I’m seriously addicted – lol.
The Mondays in Malibu collection ($30) includes six gorgeous shades that are perfect for summer but definitely something you could use year round. Each shade within this collection can be used on its own as a lid shade or blended together to create a stunning eye look. As all of the six shadow collections I own, I love the packaging and it reminds me of Hawaii so I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous cover but the shades hold their own.
From Top to Bottom – Left to Right, I explain the colors to you and what their sheen is:
- Gecko – this gorgeous soft opalescent silvery green shade has a pink duo chrome and is a pearlized finish.
- Snakebite – a mid-tone warm gold with an ultra-metallic finish, this gorgeous color is great for all over the lid or blended into the crease.
- Sand Swoon – is probably one of my favorites in this collection. It is a true pastel pink with soft sprinkles of gold flecks in a Satin Luxe finish. This shadow applies like a satin but I love that the gold shimmer really shines when applied.
- Prickly Pear is my absolute favorite in this collection. If you are a MAC lover, at first sight this color may remind you of MAC’s Trax which happens to be one of my favorite shadows of all time. It’s not a dupe – but does remind me of the shade. It’s a warm-toned plumy pink shade with gorgeous gold and pink glitter. This particular shadow has a true Metallic finish and the gold and pink glitter really shine when applied. Like most of Colourpop’s metallic shadows, I didn’t notice the glitter fall out and the glitter definitely lasted on the lid.
- Mirage – this gorgeous soft sage green has a champagne gold sheen and a pearlized finish. I find that it makes a beautiful inner corner of the eyes highlight or all over the lid shade.
- Hot Tamale is a gorgeous shade for those summer beachy smoky eyes. It is a reddish brown with soft copper sparkles and has a satin luxe finish. I love to use this shade as an outer v color where I deepen the eye look for a little drama.
I say this with each collection I have purchased from Colourpop – but if you haven’t tried anything from the brand yet and are looking for something you can start with – I think this collection definitely would make a great addition to any makeup addict’s stash. While there are no mattes included with this six, I feel like you can easily put together a gorgeous look without it. Each color on their own is gorgeous but placed on the lid together and you’ll have a gorgeous creation I’m sure. Like with most Colourpop shadows, those in this collection have long lasting power on the lid and over a primer I can get a good 8-10 hours of wear. Also – application is best when applied with your finger, but I find that since I’m always on the go, Colourpop’s shadows make for a great look that I can apply using my fingers – no need to worry about pulling out and dirtying my brushes.
Check out this collection and more at Colourpop.com
So – have you been eyeing up this collection? What do you think about these shades, are they your cup of tea? As soon as I have looks up using these, I’ll be sure to post here. Have a wonderful week! xo
Disclaimer: All products discussed and mentioned in this post were purchased by me. All opinions are my own, 100% honest & unbiased and I was not paid to provide my thoughts on these products. There are affiliate links listed within this post that I do earn money from.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- At Home Microdermabrasion One Month Update Featuring PMD Personal Microderm - November 24, 2017
- Natural Highlights For Winter Fun With SunIn - October 31, 2017
- 3 Easy Steps to Promote Positive Thinking With Pamprin - October 30, 2017