Colourpop Mondays in Malibu Collection
If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen me post about this collection last week. The Colourpop Mondays in Malibu collection was rolled out as a part of their summer goods and I have had it in my possession now for a few weeks. I have been on a no-buy for a few months but as soon as that collection was rolled out, I immediately fell in love with the shades. I figured, since it is still available – that I would share it with you and you can decide for yourself if it is something that you would enjoy. My gosh – I swear my blog is turning into a Colourpop hub, but I can’t help it – I’m seriously addicted – lol.
The Mondays in Malibu collection ($30) includes six gorgeous shades that are perfect for summer but definitely something you could use year round. Each shade within this collection can be used on its own as a lid shade or blended together to create a stunning eye look. As all of the six shadow collections I own, I love the packaging and it reminds me of Hawaii so I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous cover but the shades hold their own.
From Top to Bottom – Left to Right, I explain the colors to you and what their sheen is:
- Gecko – this gorgeous soft opalescent silvery green shade has a pink duo chrome and is a pearlized finish.
- Snakebite – a mid-tone warm gold with an ultra-metallic finish, this gorgeous color is great for all over the lid or blended into the crease.
- Sand Swoon – is probably one of my favorites in this collection. It is a true pastel pink with soft sprinkles of gold flecks in a Satin Luxe finish. This shadow applies like a satin but I love that the gold shimmer really shines when applied.
- Prickly Pear is my absolute favorite in this collection. If you are a MAC lover, at first sight this color may remind you of MAC’s Trax which happens to be one of my favorite shadows of all time. It’s not a dupe – but does remind me of the shade. It’s a warm-toned plumy pink shade with gorgeous gold and pink glitter. This particular shadow has a true Metallic finish and the gold and pink glitter really shine when applied. Like most of Colourpop’s metallic shadows, I didn’t notice the glitter fall out and the glitter definitely lasted on the lid.
- Mirage – this gorgeous soft sage green has a champagne gold sheen and a pearlized finish. I find that it makes a beautiful inner corner of the eyes highlight or all over the lid shade.
- Hot Tamale is a gorgeous shade for those summer beachy smoky eyes. It is a reddish brown with soft copper sparkles and has a satin luxe finish. I love to use this shade as an outer v color where I deepen the eye look for a little drama.
I say this with each collection I have purchased from Colourpop – but if you haven’t tried anything from the brand yet and are looking for something you can start with – I think this collection definitely would make a great addition to any makeup addict’s stash. While there are no mattes included with this six, I feel like you can easily put together a gorgeous look without it. Each color on their own is gorgeous but placed on the lid together and you’ll have a gorgeous creation I’m sure. Like with most Colourpop shadows, those in this collection have long lasting power on the lid and over a primer I can get a good 8-10 hours of wear. Also – application is best when applied with your finger, but I find that since I’m always on the go, Colourpop’s shadows make for a great look that I can apply using my fingers – no need to worry about pulling out and dirtying my brushes.
Check out this collection and more at Colourpop.com
So – have you been eyeing up this collection? What do you think about these shades, are they your cup of tea? As soon as I have looks up using these, I’ll be sure to post here. Have a wonderful week! xo
Disclaimer: All products discussed and mentioned in this post were purchased by me. All opinions are my own, 100% honest & unbiased and I was not paid to provide my thoughts on these products. There are affiliate links listed within this post that I do earn money from.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- Top 10 Cheap and Affordable Maui Things To Do – Fun on a Budget - June 22, 2018
- FarmHouse Fresh Ageless Facial Products – Vitamin Berry Facial Tonic & Three Milk Night Cream - June 13, 2018
- Poi By The Pound – Authentic Hawaiian Food - June 11, 2018