Foodie Friday – Honey’s Scrumptious, Moist & Easy Banana Bread Recipe
There is nothing better than a freshly baked, moist and delicious banana bread. My children love my banana bread and the other day I wanted to surprise them when they got home from school. As they walked through the door, the house was filled with sweet scent of honey, brown sugar and banana and a few minutes after they came home, I pulled it out of the oven. Needless to say, everyone had a hard time concentrating and doing their homework because the house was filled with yummy scents wafting through the rooms.
I hadn’t intended to share my banana bread recipe with anyone, especially since it is so simple and there are so many others on the internet you can find. However, because it is so simple, I decided it would be a good one to share.
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg or cinnamon (which ever you prefer or you can leave this out)
- 1 cup butter (to make my bread extra yummy, I use 3/4 of a cup of regular butter and 1/4 of a cup of my homemade honey butter)
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar (I prefer dark brown sugar – but it is up to you)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 8-10 overripe bananas – approximately 5 cups (about 2 bananas per cup – depending on the size)
- Extra – if you don’t have honey butter – you can use what is required for the butter and add two tablespoons of honey into your mixture.
- Nuts? If you are someone who loves nuts, you can add your favorite nuts like Walnuts or Pecans. Since there are so many allergies in my household, we leave it out. 1 Cup of Nuts is more than sufficient for this recipe – make sure to chop to small pieces so each bite will include some.
YIELD: This recipe will yield 2 loafs of Banana Bread. You can taper accordingly to your need – however, one loaf is never enough and never lasts. 😀
PREP TIME: approximately 15 minutes COOK TIME: approximately 1 hour 10 minutes
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease your loaf pan. I suggest a 9×5 inch loaf pan – metal or Pyrex works. Do not use smaller than a 9×5 inch as you will have overflow during baking.
- In your mixing bowl (a large one) combine / mix your flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl cream your butter and brown sugar together and once that is done, add your honey (if you are using this in your recipe)
- Stir in your beaten eggs and mashed bananas into your brown sugar mixture. Blend and mix until well combined. Add your spices and nuts to this mixture.
- Pour your banana mixture in with your flour mixture. Stir lightly to moisten the batter and combine ingredients. Do not overwork the batter.
- Pour into your prepared loaf pan. I butter my pan – but you can use a cooking spray if you so choose.
- Bake in your preheated over for 60 minutes or until a toothpick or fork inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Let your bread cool for about 10 minutes in the pan. If you have a wire rack, you can turn the loaf onto the rack for additional cooling.
This bread recipe tastes great warm or cold and wonderful with a little honey butter smeared on top (regular butter if you like). The crust and edges of this bread are my favorite.
Considering the steps, this recipe is easy peezy and I definitely suggest you give it a try.
If you give this recipe a try – stop on by and let me know how it came out. I posted this recipe via my Yummly Recipe box, but for some reason I can’t get the plugin to work on my blog, so if you have any tips – let me know. Happy Eating!
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- MYO Cosmetic Case Is My Go-To Travel Companion - April 19, 2018
- Affordable Eye Shadow Palettes from Bad Habit – Solstice & Supernova - March 22, 2018
- New BioSilk Silk Therapy With Organic Coconut Oil - March 15, 2018