It seems like it’s been quite a while since I’ve shown my face in a makeup look or tutorial or anything along those lines. As much as I love makeup, I love a bare face so much more and besides a little tinted lip color or lip balm and some mascara, I haven’t been really using much makeup lately. With the boys out on Summer break and I feeling like a needed a little refresh, I figured I would pull out some makeup products I haven’t touched in a while and a few that I have been loving and bronze the heck out of my face while adding some glow and a little pop of color. My GRWM video which you can click and watch here (also embedded below) is quite long since I’m chatting and talking it up like girlfriends do, so if you want the shorter version, just keep reading. If you want to come hang out with me and talk story for 30 minutes or so, hey, grab something to drink – cup of joe or a glass of somethin’ and click play.
Like most of my makeup looks, I didn’t really give it any thought and just pulled at different cosmetics to create something I knew was functional and that I could use during the day. It seems like a really long time since I utilized my Milani Bella Eyes Gel Shadows, so I figured I would grab those and make use of them. Frankly, I just really wanted to use Bella Khaki – it’s such a gorgeous color and I just don’t use it as much as I should. If you are looking for a soft pop of color, a shade like Bella Khaki is gorgeous for that kind of look – it’s a gorgeous green with a light gold shift so it works really well with a bronze or neutral eye look.
Here are the products I used:
- Milani Stay Put Brow Color in Medium Brown – brow gel
- Milani Eye Shadow Primer
- Milani Bella Eyes Gel Eye Shadow in Bella Mandarin (transition shade)
- Milani Bella Eyes Gel Eye Shadow in Bella Taupe (crease and outer v shade)
- Milani Bella Eyes Gel Eye Shadow in Bella Bronze (Outer V and outer 3rd of eye lid)
- Milani Bella Eyes Gel Eye Shadow in Bella Khaki (lower lash line – pop of color)
- Milani Bella Eyes Gel Eye Shadow in Bella Cafe (lower lash line below Bella Khaki to blend and soften lower lash line color)
- ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Lala (applied and blended onto the eye lid)
- Milani Bella Eyes Gel Eye Shadow in Bella Chiffon (inner corner of the eyes – highlight)
- Milani Bella Eyes Gel Eye Shadow in Bella Ivory (brow bone highlight)
- Milani Kohl Kajal liner (waterline/tightline and a thin line on the upper lash line)
- Ardell Demi Wispies False Lashes
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in Light (to bronze up the face all over)
- Milani Baked Matte Bronzer in Sienna (to lightly contour)
- Makeup Revolution Shimmer Brick Radiant
- Milani Baked Blush in Rose D’Oro
- Milani Illuminated Face Powder in Amber Nectar (blended all over the face to give a soft glow and soften my makeup)
- Jordana Easyliner Lip Liner in Rock’n Rose
- Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick in Matte Whisper
- Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick in Matte Innocent
This eye look may require some additional layering, but it’s very easy to create and I love that you really can’t screw it up – it’s all about layering and blending. You can certainly use this look without lashes and it would still be very wearable for every day – but since my lashes are pretty much non-existent, well – it was a given that I pop some wispies on and call it a day.
** The photos were taken with my phone, so I hope they offer a good visual for anyone reading. Video also filmed with my phone.
That’s pretty much it. The look is simple and easy to create and like I mentioned earlier, I do have a video that walks you through the steps if you’re interested in learning how I did it. It’s a long one as I chat about my life at the moment and explain each step – so if you’re interested in hanging out with me, grab your favorite drink and watch the video embedded above or click here to watch directly on YouTube.
What about you… do you rock out a bronze look as summer season hits? Comment below and let me know.
Disclaimer: Some of the products mentioned in this post were sent to me for review consideration over the years and some were purchased by me with my own money. All opinions are my own, 100% honest and unbiased as with anything on my site. Affiliate links are posted through out.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- #PRINCEofPEACE – Easter 2017 - March 29, 2017
- BoxLunch Opens Their First Hawaii Store in Aiea Today - March 29, 2017
- Jordana Cosmetics Contour N’ Highlight & Sweet Cream Matte - March 23, 2017