Ipsy Glam Bag Reveal – November 2014 (Girl Meets Glitter)
Ah… I’m pretty impressed that my November Ipsy Glam Bag arrived at a reasonable time this month considering the contents. Check out what I got in my Ipsy Glam Bag and my thoughts on each of the items received.
So this month’s theme was Girl Meets Glitter. With a bag theme as such I kind of expected a lot more glitter products, but honestly, the only true glitter product I got was the makeup bag. I’ll be honest, it is one of my favorite makeup bags from Ipsy in the five years I’ve been subscribed. This month’s bag really surprised me much more than I had expected it to. I had seen sneak peaks of the bag but honestly wasn’t too excited since I seen perfume was included (which usually means Ipsy will send my bag Parcel Post due to hasmat) and my bag can take up to 6 weeks to arrive to me. I also already own a J.Cat Wonder lip Paint in the same color, so I knew that there were a few items I was not looking forward to. However, my bag arrived in pretty good time and I actually do like the items I received, minus the lip paint which will be handed over to my lil sis to take advantage of since I already own one.
Check out my video reveal posted below or click here to watch directly on YouTube.
- SeaRX Beauty Microdermabrasion & Body Scrub – sample size. Full Size retails for $32.00 and this sample size probably would retail for about $8.00
- Be A Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive – Full Size $14.00
- Demeter Roll on Oil in Pixie Dust – $10.00 (0.29 oz Roll on Perfume Oil)
- J.Cat Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion – $4.99 Full Size
- Tarte Maracuja Oil – sample size. Full size retails for $46.00 and this sample size probably would retail for about $6.50
Overall price of this bag is about $44.00 which is not bad considering that Ipsy costs only $10 a month for the subscription.
- SeaRX Beauty Microdermabrasion & Body Scrub – this product while super cute in its little tube is not something I’ll make use of simply because I have to be careful of microdermabrasion products on my sensitive skin. It’s a white cream like product.
- Be A Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive this product swatched a really pretty golden bronze shade. It’s a gorgeous shade but after blending it out I felt like it had a lot of slip and did not have that set texture like you would get from a color tattoo from Maybelline. It didn’t seem to dry or set in place so I am not sure how it would work as a base or all over shade without creasing.
- Demeter Roll on Oil in Pixie Dust This scent is very interesting. On the site, Demeter states that they do not know what Pixie Dust smells like, but they know it should smell like fruity, sugary and airy. They also used reference to Disney’s version of Peter Pan… as Tink moves she is trailed by small amounts of pixie dust. “Think Happy Thoughts”. As many of you know – I’m a huge fairy lover… and this would remind me of Pixie dust and fairies… an almost light vanilla sugar scent with soft hints of fruit definitely explain it. I really enjoy this and would consider purchasing more.
- J.Cat Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion Seeing as I already own this shade, it’s obvious I do like it. I have a review coming soon on these lippies (I know I have been promising it for a long while now), but if you are one that loves rich red and burgundy shades especially this time of year… I suggest this. Apply with a doe foot applicator for the best application.
- Tarte Maracuja Oil It’s not secret that I am a lover of oils for skin care… and having only tried a little of this stuff, I really do enjoy it. I’ll have a full review of it once I get more use out of it.
While I know that Ipsy can be a bit up and down each month when it comes to what I get, I’m pretty impressed with this month’s bag. I wish I would have gotten a few different things, but majority of what I got I am sure I can make use of. At the end of the day – I think the Maracuja Oil, Demeter Fragrance and the bag definitely make up for the things I am not too stoked about. Do you have Ipsy? What subscription bags or services are you signed up for? Interested in signing up for Ipsy? Check out my link below.