I absolutely love the Holiday Season and to me, the Christmas season means much more than just presents, snow and jingle bells. I love that Christmas allows us to share in giving but also in celebrating our Savior and his love. I don’t often talk about Religion here on Honeygirl’s World, and I’m a wholehearted believer that no matter your religion, believing is seeing!
There are several things you can do to offer service this Christmas Season. Like I said before, regardless of your religion belief, you have the ability to serve others. Each year my family and I work together to help serve those in need – no matter what time of year, but especially during the holiday season. I would like to share 10 ways that you can lift others burdens – ways that you and your family can part-take in.
- Remember that you never know the struggle a person is dealing with when you come in contact with them. A kind smile, compliment or generosity are great ways of rising someone’s spirits while making them feel great about them self.
- Donate food like canned goods to your local food bank. My sons and I always take a list of canned goods and suggestions with us while shopping and pick up a few extras to deliver to the food bank.
- Adopt a family this holiday season. Each year my family and I select a name from the “Angel Tree” and purchase gifts on the family’s holiday wishlist.
- Donate your gently used items like household goods, clothing, blankets and more to your community homeless shelter. Winter is the coldest time of year and sometimes a warm blanket, jacket and socks can make a huge difference in someones life.
- Make a meal for a family member or friend who may be ill, down on their luck or overworked. Or – donate the meal to the soup or homeless kitchen for holiday service.
- Help a neighbor who is elderly by collecting their recyclables, trash, etc. so that they do not have to get into the cold and take care of it.
- Write letters or send holiday cards to service members, sending them holiday cheer as they serve our country and are aware from their families and friends.
- Sing and carol around your local neighborhood to bring holiday cheer.
- Help a friend in need. Assist a friend who may need help, a ride, a meal or anything and make sure you follow through and see it to the end. Sometimes all your friend may need is kind wishes and a prayer, but knowing that someone is rooting for them means everything.
- Head on over to mormon.org for a list of ways that you can make a difference and don’t forget to #LightTheWorld
I can’t stress this enough, no matter what religion we believe in – together, we can all work together and help to light the world with Christ’s love and a commitment to serve. In 25 days and 25 ways we can offer those around us action and service inspired by Christ and Light The World around us.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored and may contain affiliate or referral links.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- #PRINCEofPEACE – Easter 2017 - March 29, 2017
- BoxLunch Opens Their First Hawaii Store in Aiea Today - March 29, 2017
- Jordana Cosmetics Contour N’ Highlight & Sweet Cream Matte - March 23, 2017