RITA ORA Inspired Makeup – The Beauty Council Recreates Their Favorite VMA Looks
First off… I have a lesson for you before getting into the look. I am so excited to introduce you to The Beauty Council, a new group that consists of beauty and lifestyle bloggers that have come together to bring you beauty in all forms, shapes and sizes. I’m thankful to be a part of this elite bunch of lovelies that will bring to you a new series of looks and posts two times a month featuring an array of inspirations. You can expect us to cover beauty and makeup trends, inspired looks, collections of favorite products and everything else I haven’t mentioned. This time around, The Beauty Council takes on the VMA’s (Video Music Awards) from 2014 and looks that are speaking to our souls. Check out all the lovely ladies and their fabulous recreations (links below).
If you know anything about me… it’s that I’m a huge believer that every woman should have at least one red lipstick in her makeup arsenal. Red lips offer a huge statement and in my opinion say that you are “Confident, Sexy, Sultry, Daring and Showstopping”…. plus countless other things. lol Rita Ora really wowed me at this years VMA’s with her statement red lips and bold lashes and because of that I used her makeup that she wore on the red carpet as inspiration for my look.
Rita’s look screams “timeless” to me. While red lips can be a bit too daring for some, I think that it can be a bold statement for many and done up the right way – it’s glamorous and beautiful. Besides the bold red lips she wore on camera, she also had rich black winged liner and fabulous spike-like lashes. Check out my video tutorial for this look embedded below or click here to watch it directly on YouTube.
Products used on my eyes and how to get the look
- Milani Bella Taupe Bella Eyes Gel Powder Shadow – this shadow was used to fill in my eye brows to make them look darker and more defined.
- Milani Brow Wax was then applied on my brows to keep my brow hair in place.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather in Creamy Beige (80) was then applied to the lid from lash line to the crease and blended out well with my finger. This color is used as my base and primer.
- Milani Bella Caffe Eye Shadow was then applied to my eye lids with a fluffy brush and blended into the crease so that there are no harsh lines. This shadow is used as a base lid shade and is similar to my natural skin tone.
- Milani Brow & Eye Highlight Pencil 01 – I apply Matte Beige to my brow bone to highlight below the arch of my brow. I blend this creamy pencil well so that there are no harsh lines but making sure I still have a soft highlight. Then I take the opposite side of the pencil in High Glow in the inner corner of my eyes as a base for the shadow I’ll be laying down shortly.
- Milani Bella Chiffon Eye Shadow was then applied with my finger to the inner corner of my eyes over High Glow (Milani Brow & Eye Highlight Pencil).
- Jordana Fabuliner Liquid Felt Tip liner was then applied to the upper lash line. I created a small but defined wing and a thin liner on my lid.
- Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Waterproof Liquid Pencil liner in Black Point was then applied to my inner rim (tight line) to give my lashes a thicker look. I would normally apply this before my liquid liner, but I forgot.
- I then curl my lashes and apply two coats of L’Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara. Once that’s done, I apply a set of lashes from ebay (sorry – I do not have a name for them, but they had the spike like look I was aiming to achieve).
Products used on my face / lips and how to get the look
- Olay Total Effects 7-in-One CC Cream was applied to my face and neck area to help even out my skin tone, protect my skin with SPF as well as moisturize. I applied this product with my fingers.
- I then applied NYX Matte Bronzer in Deep and used this product to contour my face, defining my cheek bones and applying to the temples of my forehead, along my hair line and on my jaw bone.
- Milani Rose Powder blush in Romantic Rose was applied with a stippling brush to my cheeks and blended up towards the top of my cheek bones
- Wet n Wild’s Centerstage Fergie Shimmer Palette in Photobomb was applied to the high points of my face and cheeks to give my face a soft golden glow.
- Milani Color Statement Lip liner in True Red was applied to my lips – lining my lips on my natural lip line and then slightly filling in my lips. Then pursing my lips together to distribute the color.
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Ruby Valentine was then applied to my lips.
- To finish the look, I applied Milani Brilliant Shine lip gloss in Red My Lips to add a nice shine.
The look is now complete!