It’s no secret that I am Photography obsessed. Since the day my dad put a camera in my hands many many moons ago, I have a love of photos and taking images that is beyond passion. After having my children, that love and passion turned into an addiction – so much so that most times when my children see a camera… they are already smiling. lol And, if you have been following me on Instagram, you know that I’m also a Selfie Obsessed Makeup Addict – self proclaimed, of course. Taking photos constantly and on a daily basis is a part of my life and sharing them with family and friends is important to me. But, what if my family members don’t have Facebook or Instagram? Well, that is where the Seahorse app makes my life in photos fun and interesting…
The Seahorse app is available for both iPhone and Android and is a way to privately share your images with Family and Friends. Our life is full with different scenes whether it be a trip, a celebration, a wedding or just a day where you want to take a bunch of photos. Share those photos with those that are special to you without sharing them with the World is now easier than ever. Gone are the days of emailing a limited amount of images because you are going over your email limit or texting galleries to family and friends. Now you can share your images on one little app while your family/friends can add their own images and video to your scenes too.
Using the app is easy as pie… I have an Android Phone so here is what I did.
- Download the app directly to your phone, iPad or Tablet. Search “Seahorse” and you’ll see an icon with a little white seahorse against a purple toned background.
- Download Seahorse via iPhone.
- Download Seahorse via Android.
- Log in (if you already have an account) or Sign Up. Signing up is easy – simply use your Facebook, Google + or your email address to sign up for a free account. Already have an account? Then go ahead and log in.
- After you have signed up, follow the prompts to create a new scene to share with your friends and family… Select… New Scene or Tap the Camera Icon on the top right of your screen and a pop up with be visible stating to “Take a Photo or Video, Import from Gallery, Import from Other services, + New Scene”.
- Tap the “New Scene” and name your gallery – i.e. Twins Birthday Celebration
- Be sure to invite some of your friends and family to view the gallery. You can manually type in an email address or it will search for contacts through your contact list.
- Select or Tap “Create”
- You can now start adding images to your scene and your friends will receive an email with directions to download the app.
“Uploading images from your galleries on your device or computer is simple. Just select the image from one of your galleries or a video and you’re good to go.”
A huge huge benefit for me when it comes to Seahorse is that I can also upload and add images directly from my computer which is a big convenience for me. Since a lot of my images are taken with my DSLR and imported directly to my computer, this allows me to upload directly into Seahorse without the additional steps that I may need from other applications. I also like to have a break from my phone and tablet from time to time and this really allows me to use the source of choice easily. And, this photog is all about resolution so I’m happy to say that Seahorse saves your images in their original resolution.
“Use Magic to shake your phone for random images from across scenes to discover a forgotten moment, milestone or celebration”
Uploading images, viewing your scenes and sharing images is very easy. Simply tap to upload, tap to view and tap to share. And, what I love is that the friends that are added to your scenes can also upload and add images and video to share with you. It’s like a personal gallery that you each can enjoy. I especially love this option because family parties or gatherings can be turned into a scene full with images from each person that attended.
“All photos and videos shared in a Seahorse scene are co-owned, or belong to, everyone invited to that scene. Intuitive organizing and sorting by date, location, friends and scenes make it easy to find and share memories.”
Girls night out? Yay – simply add your friends and you can each share images and video that you captured that evening.
Since my parents don’t use social media sites, this gives all of us the opportunity to connect and share our treasured moments with one another without being bogged down by a news feed. For those of you that have family or friends that are trying to stay away from Social Media – this is a great way to share your life’s scenes with them instantly and quickly. Seahorse is ALWAYS private. So feel confident knowing that you only share what you are comfortable with and whom.
Seahorse is offering my readers an extra 5GB of storage by using promo code: CLEVERHORSE. This promo code is good until October 31, 2014 and it can only be used once per user.
- Tap the icon on the top left corner to access your account settings
- Tap “Redeem”
- Tap “Write code” and enter CLEVERHORSE
- Tap “Go” on your keyboard
Technology offers so many advancements now a days and sharing your life with those you love is now much simpler and fun. The Seahorse app made my favorites this month and I know it will be a favorite of yours too.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- NEW – Kuleana Skincare Launches Natural, Reef-Safe Sunscreen - September 18, 2018
- My Favorite Way to Wear Jeans - September 18, 2018
- Farewell Summer Rompers and Outfits - September 17, 2018