I think brows are the basis to every and all makeup looks – but I’ll be honest, since my brows are already pretty full, I usually tend to comb them in place, set them with a wax or gel or shade them in just a bit and I’m out the door. I have used many different brow products in the past, but I’m always on the hunt for an easy to use, long lasting brow powder, gel or wax that will keep my brows in place. Today I bring to you a simple pictorial featuring the Paula Dorf 2+1 For Brows kit and show you quickly how I create my statement brows.
Since I have dark hair, I chose the Brunette 2+1 by Paula Dorf, but the kits come in four different shades for that perfect statement brow look that matches your hair color. Retailing for $26.00 the set includes 0.017oz / .5g (wax) and 0.07oz / 2g (powder) comprising of a trio that is perfect to create long lasting brows.
The brow and wax set comes with two complimentary brow shades and one wax. The brow powders are very smooth in texture and apply very nicely with great pigmentation in one swoop.
To shape and add body to my brows I follow this routine:
- Using a brow brush or spoolie, I comb my brows into the shape I would like them to be.
- Then I take the darkest shade of the brow powders and use this to define my brow shape. Using an angled brow brush I apply the shade to carve out my brows on the top and bottom. This will give my brows definition.
- With the lighter brow shade, I now shade in my brows. This will allow the brows to be colored in but not look too bold or artificial.
- Blend the darker shade and the lighter shade on your brows so that there are no harsh lines.
- Brush through your brows once again with a spoolie to make sure you are blending the brow powders with your natural brows creating a softer look.
- Set in place with the brow wax and you are good to go.
If I am in the mood for a darker brow, I simply use just the dark brow powder instead of blending in the lighter shade and define my brows that way.
Overall I’m pretty impressed with this brow set. If there was one thing I would like to critique, I think that the brow wax a little thinner for my liking because once I set it down on my brows, I noticed that it started to melt a little and then it didn’t stay in place as long as I would like. But, I do like the brow set, the colors work really well with my hair color as well as my complexion and I love the feel of the brow powders, very soft and blend-able.
Right now, buy the Paula Dorf 2+1 For Brows set and get a free brush with your purchase. Use Code BROWBRUSH at check out.
I have used many different brow products in the past and I’m always intrigued by the different styles and types that are rolled out. What are your favorite brow enhancers or products? Are there any you simply can’t live without?
This post was sponsored by Brandbacker. All opinions discussed are my own. I was not paid to review this product.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- Natural Highlights For Winter Fun With SunIn - October 31, 2017
- 3 Easy Steps to Promote Positive Thinking With Pamprin - October 30, 2017
- Microdermabrasion at Home With the PMD Personal Microderm - October 18, 2017