I always look forward to goodies in the mail and this was no exception. Recently I received my Walmart Beauty Box for Summer and I’m always excited to see the goods they include. The Walmart Beauty Box is free though you do pay a $5.00 shipping cost. It’s sent out seasonally and this is my 5th box I have received in the last year. Signing up is easy and you can choose to cancel or automatically be billed each time they are about to send out a new box. Honestly, I kind of forget about the subscription until I get a notification that it is on its way. Included in the Beauty box you can find full size or sample and deluxe size beauty goods from lotions to nail polish and everything in between. Today I am sharing with you the goodies in my Walmart Summer Beauty Box.
So each season you get a box of goods that include all kinds of beauty things. What I love about this box is that you can get full size items, travel sized items and samples. Each season I have received a great value of products which is why I continue to stay subscribed. While everything you receive can be found at the drugstore or from Walmart – I still think it is a great way to test out some new treats. My Summer Beauty box included the following items:
- Clear Scalp – Complete Care Nourishing Dandruff Shampoo (travel size)
- Dove Go Fresh Revitalize Body Wash in Mandarin and Tiare (travel size)
- St. Ives Black Head Clearing Green Tea Scrub (travel size)
- Neutrogena Cool Dry Sport Sunscreen Lotion w/SPF 70 (deluxe sample / travel size)
- NYC Liquid Lipshine in Fashion Ave Fuchsia (full sized)
- Nivea Soft Face, Body and Hands moisturizing cream (travel or full size)
- You & I by One Direction Perfume Sample
- Eco Tools, Real Techniques, Essential Tools – $2.00 coupon for each brand
- Jergens Natural Glow – 3 Days to Glow Moisturizer (Packet Samples)
Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this post were purchased by me. All opinions are my own and 100% honest and unbiased. I was not paid to feature this post or video.
This post was sponsored by Lunchbox.
When I was a little girl, I had really long curly hair. Since I got my curly hair from my dad, I remember thinking that I was so out of place since my mom’s hair was straighter than mine and I had this misconception that I was supposed to look like my mommy. My mom wasn’t quite sure how to take care of curls and my dad, well – he thought pulling it back would be the best option to keep it tame and out of my face. It tangled all the time because no one in my family really knew how to care for them and detangling was something I dreaded. I cried sometimes, hating the hair I had and praying that God would make my hair straight overnight. For years I struggled with this head of curly hair, so much so that if you look at some of my childhood photos, my hair is pulled back and out of the way.
It was a rare occasion that I left my hair down and flowing and that routine followed me well into high school and years after graduation. I always looked at all the girls who had straight hair and thought to myself that their hair was so pretty straight and so easy to take care of. Dancing Hula was the only time you would catch me with my hair down and out and I hated every minute of it and couldn’t wait till my performance was over so I could pull it back. When taking my high school senior portraits, my mom wanted me to wear my hair down since she thought it was beautiful, I did so – but hated every minute of it. After graduation I discovered a flat iron and really put stress on my locks by straightening my hair constantly. My husband always encouraged me to leave my hair down and love my curls, but it was such a struggle. About 4 years ago, I finally decided that… it’s time to stop hiding my curls away.
Now that I’m well into my thirties, I have realized that I need to love my curls and embrace them. It’s taken me most of my life to figure this out and I encourage everyone to not only love their curls, but love the skin you’re in. Part of the reason I wasn’t too happy with my curls is that they became frizzy quickly and I had no idea how to care for them. After years of trying a plethora of hair care products, I finally found some that are made specifically for curly hair.
I have used Dove beauty products for years and the Sensitive Skin body wash is a holy grail in my household. Having tried Dove hair products before, I knew I would enjoy this line, but didn’t realize how much exactly. Dove Quench Absolute is a new hair care line for the curly haired gals. Dove Quench is a part of Dove Advanced Hair Series and is great for perfectly nourished hair plus 4x more defined and natural curls. The product line is affordable for anyone to buy and provides your hair with the moisture needed to pamper and quench your curls. After the first use, I noticed my curls were much more defined and held their curl through the heat and wind that Hawaii has been experiencing lately. After using this product line the last couple of weeks, I am proud to say it will become a household favorite. My hair smells so nice and looks beautiful.
- Dove Quench Absolute Ultra Nourishing Shampoo – I was a bit apprehensive in using this product at first since seeing that one of the main ingredients in this product is SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate). I’ve done my best the last few years to eliminate sulfates from my hair care routine because it had dried my hair so badly but was VERY impressed with how my hair felt with this product. My hair felt really soft and moisturized and though I do not shampoo my hair every day – with consistent use I noticed it still had not dried my hair as other products with SLS have done.
- Dove Quench Absolute Ultra Nourishing Conditioner – This product had a different consistency then what I had been using when it comes to conditioners. It doesn’t have as much slip to it as other products I have used but isn’t overly thick like a masque either. I use conditioners to detangle my hair while in the shower, so I was impressed with how easily this product moved through my hair and allowed my hair to move easily through my fingers. After rinsing and drying my hair was soft and left silky like I had used a mask.
- Dove Quench Absolute Intensive Restoration Mask – My hair is absolutely in love with this stuff that I’m finding it hard not to want to use it every time I wash my hair. My hair is soft, manageable without needing to detangle. It seems like my tangles almost fall out of my hair when I apply this and run my fingers through my locks.
- Dove Quench Absolute Supreme Creme Serum – This pump is nice, but it can be a pain when your hands are slippery since you need a little more pressure to get the product out. However, the product itself is thick and since my hair is so long, it took a lot of product to work through my entire head of hair. Having used other types of curly hair products in the past, I was worried that my hair would feel crunchy, sticky or weighed down but none of that happened. I love to apply this to my hair when it is damp and then leave in my pineapple bun overnight to release beautiful, smooth curls in the morning. If you are someone who uses gel or mousse to hold your curls, this is not it… but will work well together to keep your curls nicely formed.
Do you have a curl story? Head on over to Dove’s Website and share your Curly Hair Story. You could be included in their e-book of Curly goodness, so be sure to check it out. Everyone who submits a story will get a copy of the e-book. Also 5 lucky winners will receive a Dove Prize Pack that includes hair products and other awesome goodies.
If there is one thing I wanted to get across with this post, it is that I want women and girls around the World to love themselves, love who they are and love their curls – no matter the size, the length or the type of curls, they are a part of you and YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
This post was sponsored by Lunchbox. All content and opinions expressed here are my own.
It’s taken me many years of masking my curly hair before I finally learned to embrace it and it has been a long journey of learning about my curls and how I should care for them. Between dealing with split ends, dry hair due to years of coloring, bleaching, hot tools or sun damage, my curls and hair have definitely seen the depths of crazy hair hell and I’m always looking for a fix-all cure-all product to use. Let’s face it, Women crave beautiful, silky hair but don’t want it weighted down by heavy products that claim to nourish and add shine. The struggle… is definitely REAL, until now!
Long curly hair is not the easiest to style or even deal with on the daily, but it’s the hair I have and I have been doing everything I can in my power to embrace my natural “curly goddess tresses”. I have spent a lot of money trying to find products that will offer my hair great body, enhance my curls and keep my hair feeling and looking luxurious and it’s been a long hard battle. But, after just one use of the Dove Pure Care Dry Oil collection, I knew I had found a new friend for my hair.
Dove Pure Care Dry Oil collection is ideal for all hair types and delivers five times silkier hair (after just one wash). Five times silkier hair when using the system of shampoo, conditioner and treatment vs. non-conditioning shampoo. These products nourish hair without making it feel greasy or heavy. Proven to absorb quickly, the dry oil features a blend of African Macadamia oil and coconut oil. Let me just say my love for Macadamia oil and coconut oil in hair products was intensified with this product. It smells… mmm mmm wonderful, I couldn’t stop smelling my hair and instantly I felt my hair feel so soft even after a color treatment that had my hair feeling coarse, this took my hair to a softer silkier feel than I have had in a while. Let me just say… I can’t keep my hands off my hair – lol.
Being a huge fan of Dove products I knew I would enjoy these and I think I found a new favorite for my hair arsenal. Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment with African Macadamia Oil is a lightweight oil treatment that is non-greasy with high nourishing properties. It instantly helps to replenish lipids, softens and adds shine. This stuff absorbs into your hair so quickly without that funky heavy weight oily feeling you can get with other products and it leaves your hair soft and luxurious. Honestly, as much as I love using pure organic oils directly, I think I found a new love.
Looking for that touch-ably soft, silky, gorgeous hair? We dare you to try Dove Pure Care Dry Oil and fall in love with the touch and feel of your hair or your money back*
- Share your silky results at #silkyhairdare
- Share your silky results at #silkyhairdaresweeps for a chance to win** $20,000 in prizes up for grabs
- Visit Dove.com for more information
- Purchase in Mass, Food and Drug retailers nationwide
Dove Hair is daring women everywhere to try Dove Pure Care Dry Oil, risk-free now through December 31, 2014.
*If you are not completely satisfied with your Dove Advanced Hair Series Pure Care Dry Oil system, Dove will refund your purchase (from 9/21 – 12/31). Visit hairmoneyback.com for all the details.
**No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. The Dove Silky Hair Dare Sweepstakes is sponsored by Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 & older. Begins 12:00 p.m. ET on 9/25/14 and ends 12:00 p.m. ET on 11/20/14. For Official Rules, visit http://www.dove.us/Products/Hair/Advanced-Hair-Series/rules.aspx
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.