Everyone pretty much knows I live in a house filled with guys… between my husband and three sons, I’m a bit out-numbered. While the guys in my life are very understanding about my makeup obsession, they also inspire much of what I create. The other day while talking to my sons, I decided I would do an Amazing Spiderman inspired makeup look. My sons have named me Spider girl. The look is easy to create as it is all makeup I have in my stash and a good liquid liner to allow me to create the web. I didn’t film a tutorial on this look but figured I would share it since it came out pretty good for my first time doing something like this. I hope you enjoy it as much as my sons and I did. Considering we are a Marvel comics family, I think I did pretty okay for my first try. lol
- I started off by priming my eyelids using my Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
- Then, I blended NYX’s Eye Shadow base in white all over my lid from my lash line to my brow and on my lower lash line. This will act as my base and allow my shadows that I’ll be applying to pop and be much more vibrant.
- Did I mention I wanted my brows to be bold, so I used black eye shadow from the BH Cosmetics Party Girl Palette and blended it onto my brows creating a defined look.
- Taking a matte brown shade from Milani, Milani Bella Eyes in Cappuccino, I swept this color as my transition and place it above my crease.
- Then I applied Milani Bella Eyes in Navy to my lid patting the color on till I got the shade I desired.
- Taking the red from the BH Party Girl Palette, I blended that shade into my crease with a fluffy brush. I also took a shimmery white shade and blended that below my brow for my highlight.
- With a dense crease brush I took the glittery black shade in the BH Cosmetics Party Girl Palette and swept it into my outer v as well as into my crease.
- I then took NYC Liquid liner in black and applied my liner to my upper lash line creating a wing that was bold and defined.
- I also took Jordana’s 12 Hour Made to Last Eye liner in Black Point and lined my inner rim (tight line and water line) to create a dramatic look.
- I used the NYC Liquid liner to create the spider web pattern on my eyes. Taking my time I drew each line from my brow down to my crease and then connecting each with “c” shapes to create the web.
- I added the dark blue (Milani Bella Navy) and red (BH Cosmetics Party girl palette) and blended those two shades (one after the other) on the lower lash line and applied the shimmery white shade (BH PG Palette) on the inner corner of my eye.
- For lashes I went with Red Cherry Lashes in 05.
- To create the spider and web on my cheek, I drew the spider on with my Jordana Black Point pencil liner and then used shades from the BH Party Girl palette to add shadow and dimension on the spiders body. Taking a brush I also used that to shade with a dark gray shade under the body of the spider to create shadow. I did this freehand and on my face so it can take some practice to get it right.
- To create the spider web, I used my NYC Liquid Liner once again and drew a simple spider web next to the spider.
For my lips… I used NYX Monte Carlo Matte Lip Creme blended with Jordana’s Cabaret Lip Pencil and blended them well to create an ombre type look.
And, once the lips are done, you are done… super simple and easy to create. I’m pretty impressed with how the look came out and since Halloween has me running around after the boys, I think since this look was pretty simple, I may do something similar so I can be a bit festive this year. Let’s face it, by the time I’m done getting them together, I can sometimes forget to dress up. I think a cool blue smoky eye with some webs or something, could be a pretty interesting way to add some fun to my jeans and tank top. lol
What are you dressing up as for Halloween? Do you have your makeup look all planned out? Do your children and husband sometimes inspire your makeup creations? I’d love to hear from you… leave your thoughts below. xo
Disclaimer: Nothing to disclose in this post. All products used for this post were self purchased.