Ah… I’m pretty impressed that my November Ipsy Glam Bag arrived at a reasonable time this month considering the contents. Check out what I got in my Ipsy Glam Bag and my thoughts on each of the items received.
So this month’s theme was Girl Meets Glitter. With a bag theme as such I kind of expected a lot more glitter products, but honestly, the only true glitter product I got was the makeup bag. I’ll be honest, it is one of my favorite makeup bags from Ipsy in the five years I’ve been subscribed. This month’s bag really surprised me much more than I had expected it to. I had seen sneak peaks of the bag but honestly wasn’t too excited since I seen perfume was included (which usually means Ipsy will send my bag Parcel Post due to hasmat) and my bag can take up to 6 weeks to arrive to me. I also already own a J.Cat Wonder lip Paint in the same color, so I knew that there were a few items I was not looking forward to. However, my bag arrived in pretty good time and I actually do like the items I received, minus the lip paint which will be handed over to my lil sis to take advantage of since I already own one.
Check out my video reveal posted below or click here to watch directly on YouTube.
- SeaRX Beauty Microdermabrasion & Body Scrub – sample size. Full Size retails for $32.00 and this sample size probably would retail for about $8.00
- Be A Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive – Full Size $14.00
- Demeter Roll on Oil in Pixie Dust – $10.00 (0.29 oz Roll on Perfume Oil)
- J.Cat Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion – $4.99 Full Size
- Tarte Maracuja Oil – sample size. Full size retails for $46.00 and this sample size probably would retail for about $6.50
Overall price of this bag is about $44.00 which is not bad considering that Ipsy costs only $10 a month for the subscription.
- SeaRX Beauty Microdermabrasion & Body Scrub – this product while super cute in its little tube is not something I’ll make use of simply because I have to be careful of microdermabrasion products on my sensitive skin. It’s a white cream like product.
- Be A Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive this product swatched a really pretty golden bronze shade. It’s a gorgeous shade but after blending it out I felt like it had a lot of slip and did not have that set texture like you would get from a color tattoo from Maybelline. It didn’t seem to dry or set in place so I am not sure how it would work as a base or all over shade without creasing.
- Demeter Roll on Oil in Pixie Dust This scent is very interesting. On the site, Demeter states that they do not know what Pixie Dust smells like, but they know it should smell like fruity, sugary and airy. They also used reference to Disney’s version of Peter Pan… as Tink moves she is trailed by small amounts of pixie dust. “Think Happy Thoughts”. As many of you know – I’m a huge fairy lover… and this would remind me of Pixie dust and fairies… an almost light vanilla sugar scent with soft hints of fruit definitely explain it. I really enjoy this and would consider purchasing more.
- J.Cat Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion Seeing as I already own this shade, it’s obvious I do like it. I have a review coming soon on these lippies (I know I have been promising it for a long while now), but if you are one that loves rich red and burgundy shades especially this time of year… I suggest this. Apply with a doe foot applicator for the best application.
- Tarte Maracuja Oil It’s not secret that I am a lover of oils for skin care… and having only tried a little of this stuff, I really do enjoy it. I’ll have a full review of it once I get more use out of it.
While I know that Ipsy can be a bit up and down each month when it comes to what I get, I’m pretty impressed with this month’s bag. I wish I would have gotten a few different things, but majority of what I got I am sure I can make use of. At the end of the day – I think the Maracuja Oil, Demeter Fragrance and the bag definitely make up for the things I am not too stoked about. Do you have Ipsy? What subscription bags or services are you signed up for? Interested in signing up for Ipsy? Check out my link below.
I am an OG Monthly Subscription box/bag person… having been one of the first subscribers to Birchbox, Ipsy (then My Glam) and even one of the first for Glossy Box in the US, so I’m always stoked and excited to try out new Monthly Subscription services, especially if they are beauty related and offer Full Size goodies. This month I had the opportunity to get a new Monthly Box in my mail and I was definitely excited since we all know I’m a lip product junkie.
Lip Monthly is a $10 a month beauty subscription. You can select to have your Lip Monthly membership be monthly, every 4 months or yearly. You will receive approximately 3-4 Full Sized Lip Products or Beauty Products and 1-2 Sample Sized products. This box includes primarily lip products, but they are looking to include at least one bonus item that may not be a lip product in future bags. Keep in mind, this subscription is just a couple of months old and still working out all the processes so at their early stage, we can expect a couple of small hiccups.
This month’s theme is Lips 101 – focused on getting ready to go back to school and enjoying the lovely summer weather. There were a total of five products in the August Lip Monthly Bag… however, I did receive an extra product as an additional Press Sample to show you other products that you can get in your bag. Check out my Open Box Video embedded below (and the excitement as I see each product) or click here to watch directly on YouTube.
Every month LipMonthly’s experts travel across the country to find the best products in retail stores, so you don’t have to. We will bring you the best deals on the market, in our beautifully designed packaged boxes. All that’s left for you to do is try them on!
The next item I received was the City Color Glossy Kiss Lip Gloss. I could not find the name of the product or the actual product or cost on City Color Cosmetics website. This was a bonus item sent to me, so not everyone who got a Lip Monthly bag would have received this. The lip gloss is really nice, has a nice color to it and I love that it smells like Jolly Ranchers. I’m not sure if this product is new to City Color Cosmetics or not yet released or a discontinued item. But, I’ll be sure to update once I know more.
The next goodie I got in my bag is the City Color Cosmetics Lip Balm in Ultra Pink. This lip balm retails on the site for 2.99 and is a moisturizing lip balm with a lipstick-like texture. It also has a lot of pigment and offers a bold color on the lips.
The City Color Magic Balm was an interesting find in this August bag. It retails for $3.99 and is not available on CCC website just yet. I have been told this is a new product not yet released. It is a moisturizing balm and at first I thought that it just offered a sheer wash of color on the lips but after using it on my lips and waiting a minute, I looked at my lips to find that the color pigment actually increased and became a deeper shade. I guess that is where they got the “magic” part from.
I also got a Jesse’s Girl product in my bag this month. This Jesse’s Girl Lip Gloss Lip Lock retails for $4.99 and is a sheer pink with light shimmer. It’s a gorgeous gloss but a little on the sticky side (definitely not a fan of sticky), but overall – it’s a fun shade that I can definitely make use of or pass on to my sissy for her fun. This lip gloss is in the shade Lickity Split.
Last but not least is the Monthly Mix Up item. It is a Pixi by Petra Lid Last Shadow Pen in Gentle Gold and retails for $18.00. The shade is one I know I’ll get some use out of I love the high price point.
Overall, I think this bag is pretty cool – so much so I actually subscribed and signed up. I love that it offers you a collection of lip goodies, which is great. This will make it much more favorable for me knowing that there shouldn’t be much of an issue with shipping as other Monthly Subscriptions have had in the past due to items that include Hasmat items that cannot be shipped air to me in Hawaii. I have heard from a few people that they had issues with Lip Monthly the first few months, but as I mentioned in the beginning, like any subscription service, you can expect to be a few kinks as they work everything out to be much smoothly. When I first started with Ipsy (then My Glam), shipping and products were an issue back then and it took some time to really get things running smoothly.
I love that Lip Monthly has a little card that lists the products in the bag as well as the price point so you know the value of your bag. I also like that they sent a little cosmetic bag as a part of this month’s bag… because I have seen that others have gotten little boxes to hold their products in previous months. While it does remind me of Ipsy a bit, I do like the personal touch and appreciate it. Since you can cancel this box at any time, I think it would be worth it to try it out at least a month or two and see if this is something you’d be interested in.