Yay – it’s December. This year I’m going to attempt to do Vlogmas each day – but we’ll see how it goes. Here’s Day 1.
I think subscription boxes are definitely something cool, especially this time of year when we can’t quite figure out what to get those on our shopping lists. In years past, I have purchased a few months of gift subscriptions to boxes that were beauty related or skin care related, even food ones – but I have never heard of a candle subscription before. I was pleasantly surprised to be introduced to Vellabox about a month ago when the company reached out and asked if I wanted to give them whirl and let me just say – I’m very impressed with goods I received.
“Curating Your Inner Light!”
Vellabox is a monthly subscription service that offers you the finest candles from the finest American Artisans each month. When you receive your Vellabox your senses will absolutely awaken with scents and beauty of gorgeous gifts inside. Vellabox curates the perfect combination of the highest quality candles and handpicked products that compliment your candle. Each are non-toxic, lead-free and hand-poured from the best companies in our country. Each and every month you get great indulgence and lovely fragrances for you to try.
Each candle comes beautifully wrapped, but I took the photos after opening the box, so I was unable to wrap them as neatly as they arrived. I did however open the box live on camera, which you can watch here to see how they were received.
I love how sweetly they were packaged and the scent of each candle wafted through my room immediately upon opening the box. Each candle was packaged in what seemed to me to be a canvas like wrapping and tied with a little bow with twine.
Vellabox comes in three different box selections for your choosing:
- Lucerna ($10/month) – which includes One 4oz. Candle per month and a surprise gift. Your candle has an approximate burn time of 25 hours. $2.00 shipping
- Ignis ($20/month) – includes One 8oz. candle per month and a surprise gift. Your candle has an approximate burn time of 50 hours. $2.00 shipping
- Vivere ($30/month + free shipping) includes One 8oz candle and One 4oz Candle per month with a surprise gift. Both candles have a burn time of 75 hours total.
For testing, I received the Vivere Box which included two candles and a special gift (which was a scrumptious snack bar). Both candles are so lovely and smell wonderful.
- The Firewood Spice + Smoke Soy Candle from Glint Candles retails for $18.00 (8oz) and the fragrance reminds me of a camp fire with a hint of marshmallows roasting over the fire, but that’s just my opinion. This scent includes: Chopped Firewood, campfire smoke and notes of toasted cinnamon and orange. Top Notes: Cypress, orange, Core: Pine, cinnamon, clove, Base: Smoke, oakmoss, fir, balsam
- The Often Wander Amber Vanilla Candle retails for $18.00 (4 oz.) is an all natural soy wax candle that is hand poured in San Diego. It i ncludes a musky, sweet and intoxicating fragrance that is both masculine and feminine. It’s sensual and smells lovely. Often Wanders candles are made with quality essential and fragrance oils and a cotton wick.
If you are a candle lover that’s looking for different candles to try or on the hunt for a gift for a loved one this holiday season, I definitely suggest checking out Vellabox. Vellabox also offers a little shop on their website to select individual candles for purchase (without the subscription). I definitely suggest checking out Vellabox to see if this is something that you or someone you love would enjoy.
You can check out Vellabox and their subscriptions available as well as their gift subscriptions here: https://www.vellabox.com/
Have you heard of Vellabox before? Do you think this is something you’d enjoy?
Disclosure: The products featured in this post were sent for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own, 100% honest & unbiased as with anything on this site. This post may contain affiliate or referral links. For more details and outline of my product review disclosures and policies, affiliate links, etc. please visit my Disclosures page.