Happy Wednesday Fam! Today on the YouTube Channel I’m sharing my thoughts on an app called FreePrints. It’s available on both Android and iPhone iOS and it’s free to download.
Get 5 BONUS FREE PRINTS EACH MONTH!
Want 5 Extra Bonus FREE PRINTS each month? Sign up using my link (click here) or use code: hkahoohanohano1. The app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or iOS Apple Store.
Printing Costs (as mentioned in the video):
Free Prints + shipping
13 Prints = $1.04 shipping
26 Prints = $4.15 shipping
1 Canvas 9″x12″ = $13.41 shipping
Get the Deets – Watch the Video
Disclaimer: This is NOT Sponsored. I purchased these products out of my own pocket. My opinion is 100% honest & unbiased. Affiliate links or discount codes can and are listed throughout which I can get a commission from or free products. See my Disclaimer/Disclosures page for more details.
Displaying your artwork and photographs have come a long way over the years, from the standard print and frame. I love that there are so many other options available to decorate or gift when it comes to imagery. One of my favorite places to order prints and canvas and other decorative ideas from is Canvas Champ. I’ve shared Canvas Champ here on the blog before (which you can read about here) and I’m excited to show you another fun idea for displaying your photos.
Canvas Champ offers a variety of different options for printing your images and artwork, all at reasonable and affordable price points. I love using this site when giving family members gifts because it allows me to showcase our gorgeous photos without sacrificing the quality that you would want from a canvas printer. But, as I mentioned before, Canvas Champ offers much more than just canvas prints. I recently personalized and order a pillow from Canvas Champ with a photo of my husband and I.
Photo pillows are just as affordable as their other prints and start at just $12.00 for a 12×12 size. You can easily customize the pillow by adding the image you desire, adjusting the image with different filters if you’d like and adding text. You can order the pillow in different sizes and different backgrounds. I love that you can wash them and that they are durable, and you can be rest assured that they are shipped promptly – usually shipped within 3-10 business days.
Canvas Champ’s custom throw pillows are not only fully customizable, but you can select to have them as a square or rectangle. They come in 80% polyester and 20% cotton blend. I love that you can easily add photos from your phone, computer, Facebook, Instagram or even Google Photos. All of the pillows are available to order and customize in 10 popular sizes.
Ordering your own custom pillow is simple. Canvas Champ has a website that will allow you to see your design live as you create it. Simply upload the photo(s) that you want to you and select the specifics for your project. Your checkout is secure and fast and in a couple of weeks, you’ll have a beautifully “designed by you” piece of art that you can either display or give as a gift.
“In a couple of weeks, you’ll have a beautifully “designed by you” piece of art that you can either display or give as a gift.”
As I mentioned before, Canvas Champ offers a variety of different options available to choose from. I love ordering canvas artwork from the site during the holidays because I know that it’s affordable so that each family member (trust when I say it’s a very large gift list), will have something I personalized for them. The products are made with quality materials and Canvas Champ offers a money back guarantee which is a great addition to their already awesome service.
Canvas Champ offers a variety of home products, photo products and more to include: Canvas Prints, metal prints, wall art, photo boards, engraved plaques, pop art, poster prints, panoramic prints or boards, photo calendars and books, mugs and so so much more. They guarantee the lowest pricing Canvas and while I’ve worked with Canvas Champ several times, I still absolutely love the company and the site and have ordered many many gifts from them. I definitely suggest checking them out and trying them for yourself.
Interested in more information or to order your own, head on over to their website at: Canvaschamp.com.
Disclaimer: The product(s) featured in this post were provided for review consideration. All opinions are my own, 100% honest & unbiased. Affiliate links are posted throughout which I do get a small commission from if you do click on those links.
The boys and I have been enjoying our summer months together since my husband is usually working on the weekdays. Come on now, we live on Maui, which has been rated the number 1 Vacation Destination by Conde Nast many years in a row, so we do have a plethora of sites to see and lots of fun to be had. While we live on the mountain, we experience really hot days so I decided to pack the boys up into the car and take a drive up to Kula to cool down – since the air is much cooler there. Our journey led us to the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm, a place we have visited many times before – but it’s been years since I bought the twins here, so I decided it would be a perfect place to venture.
The Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm is located on the slopes of Haleakala and overlooks some of the most beautiful views on the South side of the island. It is a 25-30 minute drive away from the Kahului Airport (the main airport into Maui) and a popular spot for visitors to stop at and have lunch after watching the sunrise at Haleakala or hiking the crater. At one time, it used to be free to enter the Lavender farm, so I was surprised to see a guard house at the entry (it was not there my last visit a few years ago) and entry for adults is $2.00. It’s well worth the cost however. You can bring your own lunch and have a picnic or hike the grounds for a great adventure. The air is so cool up there, it was a perfect place for the boys and I to getaway to beat the heat.
There is a little shop that sells tasty delectables featuring the fresh picked lavender, but the boys and I decided that we would just take in the sites and cool down and head home to eat lunch instead. We walked around the gardens and admired the fragrant lavender as we took in the sites.
It was a short little adventure, but a beautiful day out so I took this opportunity to take some shots of the boys and my eldest son Kevin helped take a few photos of my casual outfit I wore.
The best part about our little drive and excursion today was that I was able to spend it with the boys. They go back to school in about 2 1/2 weeks and this summer break flew by too quickly. The twins are off to 1st Grade and Kevin is off to 7th Grade. With Football season starting for all three boys August 1st – I know that times like these will be few in between, so I’m glad we made great use out of our Summer break.
Kimono Cover up – Forever 21 Plus
Ribbed Tank – Old Navy
Linen Shorts with pockets in black – Torrid.com
Flip flops – Guess Jeweled Slip ons
Watch – Invicta Angel
Sunglasses – Maui Jim Maui (style no longer available)
Nail Polish – Sinful Colors Kylie Jenner Trend Matters Collection in Kozy
My embedded video above also showcases our dinner for that evening… I made my homemade poor man’s rissotto (recipe coming soon) and we watched a beautiful sunset from our porch to end a wonderful day. If you’re not following me on Snapchat – my code is in my side bar, come and follow me on my daily journey. What about you, are you enjoying the summer months? I’m thankful to live in Hawaii and blessed to have a lifestyle where every day is an adventure and a vacation.
Since my DSLR hasn’t been working, it’s been really nice to find reasons to take my phone out to practice shooting with it… all the images that you see in this post were taken with my Samsung Note 4.
Disclaimer: Everything mentioned or featured was purchased with my own money. Affiliate links may be posted through out.
We are just a few short days away from Mother’s Day and I can’t help buy reflect on my first Mother’s Day 11 years ago. It seems like the time has flown all too quickly and the minutes of the day just drift away like they are non-existent. Looking back on what I’ve learned and what I’ve accomplished gives me a sense of pride. I always knew I wanted to be a mom, but I never knew how rewarding it would be for me and how much I loved this job with all my heart.
My boys are growing so quickly and I have learned after becoming a mother that sometimes a little acknowledgement, peace of mind and inspiration go a really long way. I wanted to take the time to write a letter to all moms – new, soon to be and those with years of experience. This is my Mother’s Day Gift to you and I hope you enjoy!
1. As much as we wish it would, time stands still for no one and father time ticks and tocks the days and nights away. While our days may be filled with challenges, they may also be filled with laughter and delight. Take the time each day to stop and think about the things you are grateful for. I keep a gratitude journal specifically for this reason. It allows me to reflect back on other days and remember the memories that we often times soon forget. Remember that each day is filled with some form of happiness… there is always sunlight at the end of a storm.
2. It’s okay to want a little “me” time. I’m still trying to grasp the concept myself, but at least now I have accepted that wanting some time to myself does not mean that I don’t love my children. It just means that I need a break sometimes. Even if this means you are gonna vegetate in front of the computer, online window shop and have a glass of Vino… so long as it gives you a moment to yourself – hey, that’s great.
3. Don’t feel bad about wanting to capture every moment on camera. Your children will thank you later, trust me. My three sons grew up in front of a camera and I snapped away at every moment and tried to capture as many memories as possible. Even with a camera attached at the hip, I found that some of their earlier years were missed because I was caught up doing other things. It’s okay to stop and tell someone you need to take a photo, it’s okay to capture the moment for your memories. Snap away and always have a camera on hand. You don’t want to look back at the past and realize you missed something because you were too busy with something else.
4. Each parent has their own set of advice for new or soon to be mommies. It can be difficult to hear sometimes and I know that I struggled with this (still do), for a long time. If it’s something you can use in your life as a momma, then incorporate it into your own. If you can’t use, do not worry – just move on and thank the person who gave it to you. Parents sometimes forget that each child is their own individual and what might work for one child, certainly will not work for another. Do not feel obligated to make someone’s advice work for you – even if they say it will and you know it won’t.
5. This one might only pertain to moms of twinnies… but needless to say, it had to be said. Please please do not tell a mom of twins (new or otherwise), that you know exactly what they are going through because your children are just 10 months or a year or so apart. IT IS NOT THE SAME. I won’t tell you how many verbal arguments I have gotten into with parents over this. Having two children exactly the same age (twins) is not the same as having a child just a year older. By the time you have your second child (or the child born a year after), your first child is already starting to feed themselves, talking, walking, etc. It is not the same experience as two infants or children the same age. Many can argue the fact, but as a mother of twins, it was absolutely difficult for me to deal with and it was the cause of MANY arguments with other people. Does that mean that you are less than I because I am a mother of twins – OF COURSE NOT, but they are not a comparison or similarity by any means.
6. It’s okay to splurge on yourself once in a while. I’m pretty lucky in that I have a husband that consistently reminds me that it’s time to buy myself something nice, otherwise, it goes on the back burner and I completely forget. Choose out something from your wishlist and if you can swing it, get it. Ask your hubby for a Sephora Gift Card (hint hint) and pick up that new perfume or lipstick you’ve been eyeing. The choices are endless and I want moms to know that it’s okay to want to spoil yourself once in a while. It’s too often that we forget about ourselves and are always thinking about others, so it’s okay to have a little treat now and then.
7. A child’s smile can warm your heart. But, don’t let that fool you… that doesn’t mean you have to give-in and give them anything and everything they want. Sometimes structure is key and I know it has been very essential in raising my children. There are many out there that will say you are being too harsh… but don’t let them affect how your raise your child. They are your children after all – not your aunts, sisters, mothers, brother from another mother… they are your children and you set the rules.
8. Your are a strong woman! It takes more than just physical strength to handle the job of a mom. You are not only strong physically and mentally, you are courageous, creative and a complete genius. Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise!
9. Before having your first child, no one ever tells you that it is a 365 day a year job, no days off, no weekends – no holidays… no pay. lol We don’t get a lunch break, no vacation time off and there is no worker’s comp either. It has made me appreciate my mom more after having children. While I knew that my mom was a very hard worker and she kept our family afloat, I truly had no idea what it was like until I stepped into this role. My mom also made it all work with less than half of what my family has financially. My siblings and I are all healthy and grown up and I am proud to have learned so much from my own mom.
10. This is an important one! After having children, sometimes we lose that sense of sexy. I know after having my boys, I gained twice my weight and I was not feeling very pretty. Gaining weight after childbirth is not the only thing that makes us not feel beautiful. Emotions are running wild, we’re tired, we don’t want to put makeup on and pajamas are our best friend. All these things add up to feeling frumpy and blue and that doesn’t even include the women who suffer from postpartum as I did. When someone pays you a compliment, believe them. For a long time my husband would tell me how beautiful I was and I thought to myself… “what’s wrong with this man? Who in the world is he looking at?” I still think that way sometimes. But when your husband tells you are your beautiful – believe him. This is not an easy concept for many and sometimes we just don’t feel beautiful. But beauty is much more than looks and a woman who can survive on two hours of sleep and no food in their belly and still be able to cook a whole meal for the house, pay the bills and make sure each child is happy and healthy – well… she has a beauty within that most only dream of having.
So, at the end of the day – we are here on this Earth because of our Mothers… well, our Dads too. Most of us are who we are because of these women and those who are mothers, well – we are strong, stealth ninjas with a heart of gold. At the end of the day, our lives are no longer our own and times can be tough, but there is one thing I know about being a mom… it is the BEST, MOST REWARDING JOB IN THE WORLD and I wouldn’t give it up for anything.
To all the mommies out there, new, soon to be and those that are experienced just know that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Wishing you all a wonderful Mother’s Day!
I am a lover of all things photography and most of my blogger friends don’t know that I actually photograph weddings and portraits and have been doing so for years. Having worked with a variety of clients and vendors, I always find it very important to work with a client that provides great service and standard for their customers and because I live in Hawaii, it is important that shipping is affordable and it gets to me quickly so I can deliver the product to my clients in a timely fashion.
Canvas HQ is a printing company that offers high quality (get it – HQ) work, quick and fast, affordable but nonetheless a great product. Printing anything from small scale Canvas prints to Artwork size large scale prints, Canvas HQ does it all in a jiffy.
My artwork piece arrived shortly after placing the order. I ordered a 14″ x 11″ semi-gloss canvas ($53.95) and it printed and shipped in about 1 day and was on its way to Hawaii. Shipping was free (though shipping may be determined on the size or price of your canvas piece) and was sent via Ground UPS. It arrived in about 8 days and was delivered to me safe and snug. As you can see from the photo above, the canvas was shipped with a plastic bag or covering over it and taped into the box so there would be no movement. The box itself held the canvas piece into place and everything arrived well and safely.
The frame is 1.5″ thick and I opted for a black frame instead of an image wrap or mirror wrap that are also options available. When I normally order canvas prints for my clients, I select the image wrap to continue their photo around the frame, but I thought the black for my photo would make the picture stand out more. The quality of the canvas material is nice and definitely uses high quality products (or as they say, ingredients) to create my artwork. The colors were true to color from what I seen on my computer, so I also loved that as well.
If you like to mount your artwork on a wall, Canvas HQ also provides Free Hanging Hardware. It’s easy to use and install which makes that a definite plus.
Overall, I’m very impressed with the product as well as the company. I have used many different canvas and artwork printers over the last few years and I consider this one to great quality – awesome value. My family is definitely enjoying our artwork and I will continue to be a customer of Canvas HQ for years to come. It’s difficult to find a canvas printer that can offer you a great price point but still give you the type of artwork you would pay hundreds for. I especially love canvas prints because I am a photographer of nature and they are the best way to display your art when it comes to landscape and floral. If you are considering purchasing a canvas for the first time, I definitely recommend checking out Canvas HQ.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.