Disclaimer: This post is Sponsored by Paula’s Choice via Pretty In My Pocket. All opinions are my own.
Over the last couple of years, I have been reading heavily about Paula’s Choice via trusted blogger friends and have had my eye on the brand since. About two months ago, I took advantage of a sale that the site was having and purchased my first product – Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer, which I have been enjoying. Recently, I was given the opportunity to try more from the brand and to say I’m impressed would be an understatement.
It’s taken me several years to get my skin in check over the years. With many changes to my cosmetic routine and a huge overhaul in my skin care I learned over the last two years what works for my sensitive, Eczema prone skin and what doesn’t. While I have found many products that work wonders, I am beyond ecstatic to have found a brand that is my “ideal”. As I mentioned previously, I had already fell in love with the Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer, so when I had the opportunity to have a skin care consultation with someone from Paula’s Choice and I got to try out more products from the line, I was not only amazed, but found a favorite. The consultation lasted just a few short minutes, but in that time I learned that the original moisturizer I had from Paula’s Choice was a great selection for me it was nice to know that this service is available to me at anytime or available to anyone. Since Paula’s Choice is committed to customer advocacy, education and helping people find the best products for their skin you can receive a FREE personal skincare consultation by calling 1-800-831-4088.
I don’t really have breakouts, but being in my mid 30s, I feel like I tend to get hormonal breakouts especially during that dreaded time of the month. Since I don’t use a specific acne treatment for these breakouts, it was definitely interesting to try something made for mild to moderate breakouts from Paula’s Choice. The Clear Acne Kit includes: Cleanser (177 mL/6 fl.oz.), Exfoliant (11 mL/4 fl.oz.) and Treatment (67 mL/2.25 fl.oz.). The products in this kit are non-irritating and fragrance free. But, since I have sensitive skin, I was advised to use start off using the products gradually, starting with the cleanser daily and the exfoliating solution and treatment about 2 times a week. If my skin tolerated it well, I could increase the use of the other products four times a week.
Here’s what I did:
1. I cleanse with CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser and started off using this product once a day. This cleanser refreshes the skin without causing any dryness which is a plus for me with my Eczema prone skin. It reduces red marks and prevents redness and also dissolves pore-clogging dirt which helps to leave your skin perfectly clean.
2. Then I used the CLEAR Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution two times a week. I applied this product like I would a toner to exfoliate the dead skin cells and to really clean out the pores. I found after the first week, that I could not use this product more than once a week.
3. Last is the CLEAR Daily Skin Clearing Treatment which I used to spot treat areas that were an issue or breakouts here and there. A thin layer of the product takes you a long way and just a little is needed. It dried out my little breakouts quickly and I love that I can pull this out during that time of the month when I may need it the most.
Since beginning the CLEAR Acne Kit Treatment, I have had to decrease how often I use the Exfoliating Solution and Skin Clearing Treatment due to my skin sensitivities. Since I do not often have breakouts, I have been saving those for times when I do have a breakout or issue, but otherwise I have been using Pore Normalizing Cleanser as a part of my skincare regimen a few times a week. In combination with the CLEAR system, I have been using the Skin Recovery line.
The Skin Recovery products are perfect for normal, dry and very dry skin. They are clinically proven to be non-irritating and are 100% fragrance free with no added dyes which makes them perfect to use on my very sensitive Eczema prone dry skin. I have been loving these in combination with the CLEAR line and since the Replenishing Moisturizer has already been a favorite, it works well with the Acne line to keep my skin moisturized.
1. I use the CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser as my daily cleanser or incorporate the cleanser I was already using from my personal skincare stash.
2. For daily use I then incorporate the Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner which helps to hydrate my dry skin and calms my skin sensitivities.
3. After cleansing and toning, I apply the Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum (which I LOVE). I can use this product daily and it feels wonderful on my skin. It helps to fight multiple signs of aging and has Retinol in it but has been a great additive to my skin care.
4. I finish my skin care regimen with a moisturizer. If part of my night routine, I use the Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer and if my day routine, I will use the Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 30.
5. As I mentioned above, if for any reason I have a breakout or a pimple, I will incorporate the CLEAR line Exfoliation Solution and Skin Clearing Treatment.
With sensitive skin, it can be a struggle to find products that not only work, but will not cost you a pretty penny to use them. I love that Paula’s Choice products are pretty affordable and easy on the pocket book. You are getting luxury skincare products for a reasonable cost and these products work. Paula’s Choice offers a 100% money back guarantee (within 60 days) and you can find products for everyone including those experiencing acne, rosacea, aging and pores. There is a product available for anyone and I think it’s wonderful that Paula’s Choice does not do any animal testing. My sensitive skin has been loving their products – with no dyes or fragrances, this brand has become the ideal skincare brand for me.
As a Power Primper, I am offering 20% off + free shipping with promo code: PRIMPFALL20 to my readers. Expires: Dec 31 2015. If you have never tried Paula’s Choice products or you are looking to add to your skincare stash – now is your chance. Click the banner above or click here to take advantage of this great discount.
Also – don’t forget to download the PRIMP app and come have some fun with all the beauty lovers. You can read reviews on your favorite beauty products and more: http://www.prettyinmypocket.com/download
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- NEW Orby TV Satellite Television – No Contract, Just $40 a Month - February 11, 2019
- Goosebumps 2 on Digital, DVD and Blu-Ray - January 16, 2019
- My Word of the Year for 2019 - January 14, 2019