“This post was sponsored by Hello Happy. Hello Hershey’s, as part of an Ambassador Activation for Influence Central.”
Summer has officially begun in our household and as a family we can pretty much all agree that some of our most happy moments
are shared during the summer months. Since time together can be far and few in between because of a very busy schedule – when it comes to summer break, we love to spend time together as a family, whether it be enjoying dinner or an easy summer treat that we can make together. Who doesn’t love chocolate anyway? My family and I love a simple dessert that’s easy to make and features some of our favorite chocolate delectables from HERSEY’S. Today my family and I would love to share with you our easy Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies and Chocolate Dipped Wonton Chips
– a great summer treat.
We love to make most of our yummies from scratch, but having some fresh baked shortbread cookies on hand just called for a quick dip in HERSHEY’S chocolate. We also had some wonton chips on hand which are a fun and popular snack here in Hawaii, so tossing them with some of our favorite chocolate make for a great summer snack.
We used 2 HERSHEY’S products to create our chocolate dipped shortbread cookies and chocolate dipped wonton chips: HERSHEY’S KISSES Chocolates and HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars.
Here are the easy steps to create your Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies:
- Melt your HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars in the microwave for about 30 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Dip your shortbread cookies into the chocolate and place onto wax paper to set.
- Put cookies into the refrigerator for about 10 minutes so that chocolate will set and slightly harden.
I baked shortbread cookies the day before – but you can easily get store bought or make your own. That’s what makes this recipe so fun and easy – because it literally takes minutes to make a quick treat.
Here are the easy steps to create your Chocolate Dipped Wonton Chips:
This recipe is easy and while the wonton chips are drizzled in chocolate, I like to mix in a few chocolate pieces to give it a little texture.
- Unwrap your HERSHEY’S KISSES and chop or crush into small pieces. I like to use my Ninja Chopper and pulse until the chocolate is into tiny parts (as pictured above).
- Melt your HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars in the microwave for about 30 seconds until melted and stir until smooth.
- On a wax paper – spread the melted chocolate evenly in a thin layer. Make sure to reserve half of the melted chocolate to drizzle on the chips.
- Sprinkle the wonton chips onto the melted chocolated and then top with the crushed HERSHEY’S Kisses pieces.
- Drizzle the remainder of the melted chocolate onto the wonton chips.
- With a spoon or fork, toss the wonton chips until they are coated with the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes until chocolate sets and hardens.
We used store bought Wonton chips that are from a local Hawaii brand that is popular here in Hawaii. But, you can make your own if you would like as well.
In between snacking and mixing up some treats, my family and I were able to get in some fun and spend time with one another. Whether it be some play time at the park, sunbathing at the beach or pool or just sharing some sweet treats with one another, it really is hard to beat summertime with my family here in Hawaii – especially when your home town is a playground all on its own. It’s easy to get wrapped up and taken with every day life that keeps us busy and on our toes, but having good ol’ fashion family time is priceless.
On the first official day of summer, June 20, HERSHEY’S will set out to remind people that happiness is a choice and sweeten their day by celebrating “Hello Happy Moments” – the intimate, individual and personal moments of happy that we choose each and every day, which build connections and create memories that last a lifetime. Creating memories with fun, unexpected, happy moments with our children are what we look forward to.
Time with one another to enjoy happy moments in our lives is priceless and stepping away from your computer and phone or work with just a few moments of fun is worth every second. It always amazes me at how fast time flies and happy moments with my sons and husband are so important to me. It is so important for our family to choose happiness each and every single day and make each moment count! Whether you are sharing a sweet delectable treat with your favorite littles or a chocolate HERSHEY’S KISS this summer, CHOOSE HAPPINESS!
Share a “Kiss” with a loved one!
From my family to yours, we wish you the best, most wonderful summer. May every moment you experience leave lasting memories of happiness. Happy Summer!