With Spring in full swing and Summer right around the bend, I’ve already started making easy and quick recipes for my family that are refreshing and delicious. A favorite in our house is my easy no bake strawberry shortcake. I’ll be honest, for years I had thought that I was the genius behind this recipe, but I found out over the years that I’m not the only one who does similar, so I can’t take all the credit for this.
This delicious recipe is the perfect quick treat for Spring and Summer because it tastes refreshing and is perfect for a warm or humid day. It’s easy to make and I love to get the kids involved in creating it. This recipe displays great in a trifle bowl, so if you are looking to host a party or bring it as a dish, definitely look into a trifle bowl for presentation and WOW your friends and family. But since I wanted to make a treat for the boys, I opted for a half pan and it was ready for them to devour. So, without further adieu, let’s make this scrumptious delicious yummy treat.
Check out the video tutorial (walk-through) embedded below or click here to watch directly on YouTube. A full list of ingredients are listed below.
Step by Step walk through video
- 1 1/2 – 2 loaves Sara Lee Pound Cake
- 16 oz ripe strawberries (approximately 16-18 medium/large strawberries)
- 2 8oz. containers Cool Whip (it is up to you if you want Original, Lite or Fat Free)
- 2 tbl spoons Granulated sugar (more or less depending on your preference)
- 1 half pan foil pan (11 3/4 x 9 3/8 in) or 2 standard size trifle bowls
YIELD: This recipe will yield one half pan (foil pan 11 3/4 x 9 3/8 in) or two standard size trifle bowls. This will feed approximately 12-15 people depending on the size of the serving.
PREP TIME and COOK TIME: This is a no-bake recipe and the prep is the time for assembling the dish as well. With slicing the strawberries as well as cutting up the pound cake and then assembly, you are looking at about 15-20 minutes total.
- Cut up your pound cake into bite size pieces.
- Wash strawberries. Remove stem and slice into your desired size.
- In a bowl, add sliced strawberries and sugar and mix well until all berries are macerated and each berry is coated. (The berries will look a little darker in shade and you will notice more strawberry juice in the bowl)
- Stir up and mix your cool whip in it’s container so that it is smooth and blended. Do not over blend – the reason behind mixing is to make sure it is smooth and not frozen in the middle (if you are using a frozen whipped topping).
- Lay each ingredient in your pan or trifle bowl. Starting with the pound cake – add your bite size pieces to the bottom layer. Next, add your strawberries – each ingredient does not have to completely fill the layer as it will all come together in the end. Finally, the cool whip – spread the cool whip onto the strawberries until smooth and even.
- Repeat each step of layering the ingredients till you reach the top of your bowl or pan. Make sure to leave a small amount of sliced strawberries on the side so you can top your creation for decoration. The strawberries on top will also be part of the presentation so those you are feeding know that it is some form of strawberry cake.
- Serve & Enjoy!
This particular strawberry shortcake is perfect for little eaters like children and displays beautifully in a trifle bowl. It really is more like a trifle type and is so quick to assemble and make, it’s great for those last minute dishes you need to make for a party.
I hope you enjoyed this quick recipe for today’s Foodie Friday. If you try it, comment below and let me know or if you snap a photo – be sure to use hashtag #honeygirlsworld so I can check it out. Bon Appetite.
Disclaimer: All products mentioned were purchased by me. There may be affiliate links posted through out this recipe. For years I thought I had made up this recipe myself, but found there are many variations of similar. This is my variation of this recipe.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- Goosebumps 2 on Digital, DVD and Blu-Ray - January 16, 2019
- My Word of the Year for 2019 - January 14, 2019
- FarmHouse Fresh Products – Give the Gift of Deliciously Fresh Skin Care - November 29, 2018