I have been a Jennifer Lopez fan for years… from way back in the day when she was a dancer on “In Living Color” (yes, I am that old… and no – you can’t laugh. lol) Her style has always been one that I have admired and her makeup is always on point. I have been on pins and needles wanting to do this look. It was difficult to pull off because I chose the look in the video that you can’t see very well since it is covered under Jennifer’s hat, but I used her look as inspiration and added some extra color to it to create the look I have here. She had sultry smoky eye that looked like it incorporated a taupe-silver shade. Since I have been wanting to use my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette in a tutorial – I chose to use a pink hue with a silver/taupe to create this look. I am pretty happy with how it came out.
At the end of the day – even if I wanted to use her Makeup in the video as the base for my creation, I really wanted to concentrate on the message that the song portrayed.
Cause in the end, I’m still the SAME GIRL… I don’t owe nobody!
- Eye Shadow Primer – Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Eye Shadow Base: NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skintone
- Eyeshadow transition shade: deep brown matte from Smashbox Full Exposure Palette
- Eyeshadow Lid Shades: Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette (Liar on the inner half of the lid, Mugshot on the outer third of the lid, Blackheart smudged on the lower lash line and to deepen the crease and outer v, Strange used as the highlight and Trick used as the pop of color highlight in the inner corner)
- Eyeshadow lid shades: TheBalm’s Nudetude Palette – Serious (matte black) used to deepen the outer v
- Liner: Mally Evercolor Starlight Liner in Midnight – waterline/tightline and lower & upper lash line, Milani Liquif’eye Pencil liner in Black to intensify the liner look – applied to lower and upper lash line
- Mascara: Perfekt Beauty Lash Perfection Gel applied to upper and lower lashes
- Lashes: Kiss 01 False Lashes applied with Kiss Glue
- Contour: Starlooks Cream Blush in Emphasize, NYC Sunny Bronzer and Laura Geller Bronze-n-Brighten in medium
- Blush & Highlight: Milani Rose Blush in Warm Petals (powder blush) and Laura Geller Baked Highlighter Duo in French Vanilla/Golden Rose
- Lips: Milani Colorstatement liner in All Natural and Milani Colorstatement lipstick in Nude Creme
Just a quick note about foundation… I have been asked a few times about my foundation routine. I haven’t used foundation in 2 years. I have tried & used it a few times (maybe 3x) in the last 2 years as trials for companies – but I do not wear foundation or primer. If I do use primer I use the following: Laura Geller Spackle, Benefit Porefessional or I use my Mally Evercolor Pore Perfection compact to set my makeup. However, I truly do not use face products like that often and it is rare. I’ll be touching base on my skincare routine, etc. in the next month. Stay tuned…
When I had this look in mind, I wanted to make sure to create a look that would mimic JLo’s perfect bronzed and contour makeup that is always done so effortlessly. I also loved the fact that she wore a New York Yankees hat (we are Yankees fans in our house), since she is a girl from the Bronx. Since I am from Hawaii, I wanted to do something similar and rock out a “Maui Built” hat since I am from Maui. I thought it was a cute interpretation. 🙂
Don’t forget to check out my tutorial for the look here – subscribe, comment and like if you enjoyed it! 😀
I haven’t been taking very good eye photos lately – but it’s because I just stopped doing them the last few months and I have been focusing more on my overall look. I’ll be sure to get good ones in future looks, so you can see the detail in the eye makeup.
I took the above photo about 6 hours later and wanted to show this look as well. This photo was taken with Flash (since it was at night). Most of my photos are taken during the day in natural lighting.
I hope you all enjoyed this look! Thank you so much to all of you for your support and love over the last few years through my journey here on my blog and on YouTube. So many changes have happened over the last year and all for the positive. So many awesome blessings have also come my way. This makeup post marks more than just a look I was inspired by in a music video – but it also reminds me of this journey that I am on. I’ve met so many people – some were awesome and positive influences, others were generating negativity that I had to turn my back on, but everything happens for a reason and I learned that I am a better person because of the experiences I have had. Thank you to all – I look forward to bringing you more looks, inspiration, my life I love and so much more!
I’ma keep on growing
Keep on shining
Just wanna do me
I had to thank God ’cause he chose me
– Jennifer Lopez, Same Girl