Happy New Year fam! It seems like I haven’t written here in like forever and I still can’t get over the fact that it’s 2019. I’m excited about the new year and the changes I know are to come and the path I’m hoping to take this year. I used to share these types of posts with my readers pretty often over the years, but in the last few years I’ve slacked. So, I figured a new year, means I can try again, right? I started the new year pretty nicely, simple and effortless. As I finally find the time to log into my blog, I am also starting the new year with a new post on my birthday. Can you believe it, I’m 39 today. Anyway, I wanted to share my word of the year for 2019 and without further adieu, my word of the year for 2019 is…
Yup – you read that correctly. My word of the year for 2019 is
CREATING BALANCE – HOW I PLAN TO ACCOMPLISH THIS
There’s so much for me to look forward to in 2019 and while I don’t do the whole “resolutions” thing, I definitely create a vision board to keep me on track with goals I’d like to accomplish for the year. I need to take the time to not only work on myself and my family life, but also create a life I continue to love. Here are a few things I’d like to focus on for this year to help create balance in my life:
- Finding Balance in being healthy. Continuing to improve my health is very important to me. I’ve tried to make it a lifestyle change and my goal is to continue to work towards improvement while incorporating the tools I need to be successful.
- Finding Balance in making time for myself and the things I enjoy and love to do. Whether that means finding time for a manicure or going for a walk – I must find time to spend on myself. Self-love is not just a hashtag, it’s an important part of what we need to do for ourselves.
- Working on balance in work life – creating equal amounts of content for my blog, YouTube, Podcast and social media. Create the best content for engagement and really incorporate ideas from my viewers and readers. I want to be able to have a schedule that will allow me to post a minimum of once a week and create content that everyone will enjoy. Most importantly, content that I’m proud of.
- Balance in my marriage. Important – plan for date nights with Kev and I. This may seem like such a small task, but I feel like we truly need to get out more together – just he and I. Date nights are definitely essential for any couple. After having children, it seems like we have been very focused on the boys and I must be able to have balance in life to spend time with Kev and really build our relationship again.
- Balance in a schedule. This one – heck it’s not gonna be easy. I push so many tasks on the side to work a schedule that I think
itessential. But I’m struggling to really get everything done. I need to be able to really use my calendar and various planners to keep organized with a good schedule so I can accomplish everything I need to and want to do.
- Balance in food. I realized a lot about my eating habits in the last year. I am totally addicted to sugar. But if I can work through some of that as I have been doing and still be able to satisfy my cravings, I think I will be successful this year.
- Balance in adventures. This may seem like an odd one, but I feel like I go through bouts of adventures and then a dry spell for a really long time. If I incorporate at least one type of adventure a week or a few each month, I’m not feeling like I missed out on so much or spent too much time playing instead of accomplishing important tasks.
There is obviously so much more I want to be able to focus my balance and time on. I have a lot of things I’d love to be able to accomplish this year and I’m optimistic that I will get it done.
New Year – Same Honey, Just Improved
I really started 2019 off on a good note (even if I’m just writing my first post for the year and it’s already 14 days in lol. I’m excited for all the adventures and the memories I’ll be making and creating this year. But, I truly want to make 2019 a year of balancing all of my tasks and daily life, while creating memories and working on myself. I look forward to looking back at this year and all the changes and accomplishments I’ve been able to make.
Do you have a Word of the Year?
So, tell me… do you have a word of the year? Any resolutions or goals you want to accomplish for 2019. I’d love to know all about it, so be sure to leave me a comment below and let me know.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- What’s In My Bag – New Video featuring Daisy Rose Checkered Tote - December 6, 2019
- Confessions of a Corrections Officer’s Wife – My Life Changed 6 Years Ago Today, New Podcast Episode - October 25, 2019
- Friday Favorites – New Podcast Episode, Product Review – Aunt Jackie’s Curls & Coils for Naturally Curly Hair - October 18, 2019