Disclaimer: This post is Sponsored by Paula’s Choice via Pretty In My Pocket. All opinions are my own.
Over the last couple of years, I have been reading heavily about Paula’s Choice via trusted blogger friends and have had my eye on the brand since. About two months ago, I took advantage of a sale that the site was having and purchased my first product – Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer, which I have been enjoying. Recently, I was given the opportunity to try more from the brand and to say I’m impressed would be an understatement.
It’s taken me several years to get my skin in check over the years. With many changes to my cosmetic routine and a huge overhaul in my skin care I learned over the last two years what works for my sensitive, Eczema prone skin and what doesn’t. While I have found many products that work wonders, I am beyond ecstatic to have found a brand that is my “ideal”. As I mentioned previously, I had already fell in love with the Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer, so when I had the opportunity to have a skin care consultation with someone from Paula’s Choice and I got to try out more products from the line, I was not only amazed, but found a favorite. The consultation lasted just a few short minutes, but in that time I learned that the original moisturizer I had from Paula’s Choice was a great selection for me it was nice to know that this service is available to me at anytime or available to anyone. Since Paula’s Choice is committed to customer advocacy, education and helping people find the best products for their skin you can receive a FREE personal skincare consultation by calling 1-800-831-4088.
I don’t really have breakouts, but being in my mid 30s, I feel like I tend to get hormonal breakouts especially during that dreaded time of the month. Since I don’t use a specific acne treatment for these breakouts, it was definitely interesting to try something made for mild to moderate breakouts from Paula’s Choice. The Clear Acne Kit includes: Cleanser (177 mL/6 fl.oz.), Exfoliant (11 mL/4 fl.oz.) and Treatment (67 mL/2.25 fl.oz.). The products in this kit are non-irritating and fragrance free. But, since I have sensitive skin, I was advised to use start off using the products gradually, starting with the cleanser daily and the exfoliating solution and treatment about 2 times a week. If my skin tolerated it well, I could increase the use of the other products four times a week.
Here’s what I did:
1. I cleanse with CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser and started off using this product once a day. This cleanser refreshes the skin without causing any dryness which is a plus for me with my Eczema prone skin. It reduces red marks and prevents redness and also dissolves pore-clogging dirt which helps to leave your skin perfectly clean.
2. Then I used the CLEAR Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution two times a week. I applied this product like I would a toner to exfoliate the dead skin cells and to really clean out the pores. I found after the first week, that I could not use this product more than once a week.
3. Last is the CLEAR Daily Skin Clearing Treatment which I used to spot treat areas that were an issue or breakouts here and there. A thin layer of the product takes you a long way and just a little is needed. It dried out my little breakouts quickly and I love that I can pull this out during that time of the month when I may need it the most.
Since beginning the CLEAR Acne Kit Treatment, I have had to decrease how often I use the Exfoliating Solution and Skin Clearing Treatment due to my skin sensitivities. Since I do not often have breakouts, I have been saving those for times when I do have a breakout or issue, but otherwise I have been using Pore Normalizing Cleanser as a part of my skincare regimen a few times a week. In combination with the CLEAR system, I have been using the Skin Recovery line.
The Skin Recovery products are perfect for normal, dry and very dry skin. They are clinically proven to be non-irritating and are 100% fragrance free with no added dyes which makes them perfect to use on my very sensitive Eczema prone dry skin. I have been loving these in combination with the CLEAR line and since the Replenishing Moisturizer has already been a favorite, it works well with the Acne line to keep my skin moisturized.
1. I use the CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser as my daily cleanser or incorporate the cleanser I was already using from my personal skincare stash.
2. For daily use I then incorporate the Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner which helps to hydrate my dry skin and calms my skin sensitivities.
3. After cleansing and toning, I apply the Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum (which I LOVE). I can use this product daily and it feels wonderful on my skin. It helps to fight multiple signs of aging and has Retinol in it but has been a great additive to my skin care.
4. I finish my skin care regimen with a moisturizer. If part of my night routine, I use the Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer and if my day routine, I will use the Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 30.
5. As I mentioned above, if for any reason I have a breakout or a pimple, I will incorporate the CLEAR line Exfoliation Solution and Skin Clearing Treatment.
With sensitive skin, it can be a struggle to find products that not only work, but will not cost you a pretty penny to use them. I love that Paula’s Choice products are pretty affordable and easy on the pocket book. You are getting luxury skincare products for a reasonable cost and these products work. Paula’s Choice offers a 100% money back guarantee (within 60 days) and you can find products for everyone including those experiencing acne, rosacea, aging and pores. There is a product available for anyone and I think it’s wonderful that Paula’s Choice does not do any animal testing. My sensitive skin has been loving their products – with no dyes or fragrances, this brand has become the ideal skincare brand for me.
As a Power Primper, I am offering 20% off + free shipping with promo code: PRIMPFALL20 to my readers. Expires: Dec 31 2015. If you have never tried Paula’s Choice products or you are looking to add to your skincare stash – now is your chance. Click the banner above or click here to take advantage of this great discount.
Also – don’t forget to download the PRIMP app and come have some fun with all the beauty lovers. You can read reviews on your favorite beauty products and more: http://www.prettyinmypocket.com/download
If you asked me 5 years ago “Are you happy with where your skin is?” I would probably answer you with a big fat NO! Five years ago I used foundation and concealer to hide my imperfections and having turned 30 then, my skin was freaking out on me. I found out later that I had severe Eczema and that after having my twins, my skin needed a little more finesse. It’s funny when I think back at everything I had been doing to my poor face then. I had just had my twins and my face really did have it’s fair share of break outs. After changing up my skin care routine, adding and removing certain products from my skin care regimen and knowing what works and what doesn’t, my skin has come a VERY long way. Recently I have added the Foreo Luna to my cleansing arsenal. I have tried many different cleansing brushes in the past, (some were fails, some worked well, some were too harsh), I had hoped the Luna would be a product I would love and let me tell you, it is!
Cleansing my skin has always been an important part of who I am and my entire skin routine, but I didn’t realize that harsh products both for cleansing, treating and even tools were causing my skin to have my Eczema flare ups. Having added the Foreo Luna to my cleansing regimen, I have found that it will now be a product I can’t live without. I have been using this product consistently for several weeks and have found that even with my severely sensitive skin – I’ve been able to get great results from this tool. Like any other cleansing tool, I’m unable to use it daily for I will get a reaction, but I find that I can use it every other day unlike some of my favorite cleansing brushes like the Soniclear, which I am only able to use once a week.
The LUNA is a cleansing and anti-aging device with a breakthrough approach to skin care. It’s T-Sonic pulsations are sent through the ultra-soft and smooth silicone touch points to deeply clean, but gently remove dirt, oil and makeup residue. After one use I immediately noticed my skin looked radiant and brighter and my skin looked healthier. After one use, I fell in love with this product instantly. The unit I have is specifically designed for Sensitive / Normal skin however, there are options available for Combination skin and Ultra Sensitive skin types too.
The Luna has soft “rounded” silicone touch points which mean there are no abrasive surfaces on the unit resulting in a gentler clean then sharp oscillating brushes that you get from your standard facial cleansing devices. The ultra-hygienic silicone design is nonporous to resist bacteria buildup making it up to 35x more hygienic than bristled brushes and since the Luna’s silicone brushes are so durable, they don’t require replacing. While the Luna is definitely an investment in your skin, it will also save you money in the long run in having to purchase replacement heads as you would for the traditional facial-cleansing brushes.
I use my Foreo Luna for just two minutes at night when cleansing – every other day (since my skin is too sensitive to use daily). Since I have sensitive skin, I also use my very gentle Cetaphil cleanser as it cleanses gently with the unit and makes my cleaning experience feel like I’m getting a facial. Using the product is so simple – simply apply your cleanser, wet your Luna and then turn it on and use it on your face. After I cleansed (1 minute), I then use the back side of the unit (the Anti-Aging mode) and apply to the wrinkle-prone areas that I would normally treat with wrinkle creams. In just a matter of a few days I noticed a dramatic change in how bright and radiant my skin looked.
Besides the awesome gentle cleansing I get from this unit, I love how easy it is to not only use but charge. This cool little device is charged once and will last up to 450 uses for each full charge. The Luna is waterproof, which means I can use it in the shower and not worry about a thing and like I mentioned previously you don’t have to change out a brush head like you would other products. While I do enjoy my Soniclear – that is one thing I didn’t like and the Luna is much gentler on my skin than any brush I have used on my face. You have several different levels of power on the device so you can adjust the settings to fit your sensitivities and the unit has a built in light in the base that will illuminate to let you know when to move around on your face to get the best possible clean in the time allotted. This is perfect for those on the go or moms like me who are busy and have their hands full with mommy stuff. Just two minutes a day (two minutes every other day for me) and you have a great cleanse and an anti-aging regimen all in one.
I have spent hundreds of dollars on skin care products and tools over the years and I’m glad to have the Foreo Luna in my life. It has definitely made waves of positive changes for me and my skin. If you are interested in checking out this product – click here and see if it is right for you. Also you can head on over to foreo.com for more details.
Have you tried the Foreo Luna before? If not, is this a product you may be interested in?
Disclaimer: This product was provided to me for review and consideration as a part of iFabbo. All opinions and thoughts are my own and 100% honest and unbiased. Affiliate links may be posted through out.
Each day I apply a Vitamin C serum, two times a day – in combination with other products for my daily skin care regimen. Since I go through these serums so quickly, I usually try out a new one if I receive for review or if I come across one on the market I would like to try. Vitamin C with Hyaluronic Acid has been a staple for me and I honestly couldn’t picture myself discontinuing the use of it,. My skin has especially gotten accustomed to having it applied daily and I have really enjoyed the results.
Joyal Beauty is a skin care brand that offers a Super Brightening Vitamin C Serum (20%) that is enriched with Vitamin E and Hyaluronic Acid. Currently on sale for $28.95 (retail $128.00), this product has 1 fl oz of product (30 ml) and should last you approximately 30 days if you are using the product as directed. I was very excited to try this product out when I seen that it was enriched with Vitamin E and have been enjoying using the product.
FROM THE WEBSITE:
- ★ Made by our Advanced FDA-certified Facility in strict accordance with GMP and Whole Foods standards. 98% Natural 72% Organic. Paraben Free. No harmful chemicals. No artificial flavor and dyes. Highest quality healthy ingredients. 100% Satisfaction. 30 Days Risk Free Money Back Warranty
- ★ CONTAINS MOST EFFECTIVE AND STABILIZED 20% VITAMIN C- Boosting collagen production and increasing elasticity and firmness. Help to counteract wrinkle formation by increasing collagen production. Reduce the number of sunburned cells as well as reverse age-related damage to skin. Protects against and repair UV damage like discoloration and fine lines
- ★ PROVEN TO REDUCE AND RESTORE SUNBURN CELLS UP TO 96%; Prevention of the formation of free radicals in sun exposed skin;Fade sun spots and discoloration;Refine skin texture and reduce wrinkle formation;Plump skin cells and increase elasticity;Prevent and treat UV-induced damage;Brighten and restore the skin cells to its natural radiant glory
- ★ FERULIC ACID DOUBLE THE FUNCTION!- Ferulic Acid is a potent antioxidant with synergistic interactions with Vitamin C. Its incorporation into a topical solution of vitamin C+E improved chemical stability of the vitamins C+E and doubled photo-protection to solar-simulated irradiation of skin from 4-fold to approximately 8-fold as measured by both erythema and sunburn cell formation
- ★ PUMP DISPENSER IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN DROPPER!- The fact is all antioxidants, including vitamin C, are vulnerable to deterioration in the presence of air and light, our dark container with pump can prevent light and air degrade quickly. With pump you do not need to open the serum cap every time when you apply, while using other brands dropper usually increases possibilities of ingredients exposure to air and light
Overall, the serum offered me similar results to others on the market, which is a good thing. The price point is reasonable (if purchased on sale) and if you are one that is fairly sensitive to scents, this may be a product you’ll like since it has a very faint citrus scent, but really – it is not easily detected. While the product overall worked well, I was not enjoying the pump on the bottle, even if the site stated it was a benefit to the product. While I think it could have definitely been a fault of mine, since I’m so used to a dropper on my serums, it was a challenge to work with and I felt like I struggled to get product out of the bottle at first.
Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C),Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM),Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (Botanical Hyaluronic Acid),Organic Herbal Infusion,Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe),Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel),d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E),Carbomer,(2s)-2-Amino-5-guanidinopentanoic Acid, Ferulic Acid, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin,Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil),Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
The serum is clear with a hint of color. Like I mentioned before it really doesn’t have much of a scent, but if you really try to smell it, you can definitely pick up a hint of citrus. The serum is not thick at all and is quite thin and easy to apply to the face, neck and decollete, but it can feel a bit sticky as it starts to dry – however, the sticky goes away once the product soaks into the skin.
Many of those who follow my blog or YouTube channel have stated that they noticed an improvement in the brightness of my skin. I haven’t noticed, so I really can’t say and photos I took didn’t show much of a difference. But, after using this product for about a month, my skin seemed like it didn’t lose any of the benefits I have experienced and had with other serums, so it is definitely a serum I would continue to use.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.