Happy Valentine’s Day Love Bugs. I really wanted to get this post up much sooner, but I had an unexpected medical procedure that took place last week that had me sitting in bed for the last few days and I wasn’t able to share this sooner. Valentine’s Day is such a great Holiday to have fun and dress up with. Since I have a casual sense of style, I wanted to share three outfits with you that showed off a little bit of classy and flirty and a little casual at the same time. Check out the video and the photos below.
I hope you liked my video – please comment, like & subscribe. Photos of the looks as well as details of the items are listed below.
Sexy, Timeless & Playful
The first outfit is a simple black and red cowl neck style body con dress. Let me just start off by saying that I am so happy to be styling this dress for all of you this year because it is a personal accomplishment for me. This dress was so tight last year, I couldn’t even pull it over my body. Now – it is still fitted, but loose enough for me to wear comfortable. While it hugs every single curve of my body – it adds to a bit of sex appeal without exposing extra skin and I love the kind of “Audrey Hepburn” class that comes with the style of dress.
- Black / Red Cowl Neck Body Con Dress – unknown retailer (gift from my Mommy)
- Black Strappy Wedged Sandals – Sole Society
- Gold Infinity Heart Necklace – Shoplately
- Black Rose Hair Accessory – HoneyXO (handmade by me)
- Watch – Invicta
If you are a plus sized girl and want to rock out a body con dress, find one you feel comfortable in that will give the illusion of slimming. This dress has the punch of red in the middle of the dress and splits into the black which helps to bring in and taper in my waist, giving me a slimmer figure. I pulled my hair into a messy side bun and added a black rose hair accessory. This gives the look an old charm with an updated look.
Mommy in Love
For my next outfit I wanted to choose something that was wearable for all ages, but especially age appropriate for someone in their 30s like me. This outfit still has a sexy appeal to it because it hugs the curves in all the right ways, but for the most part – I am covered and not revealing much skin. For this outfit I wanted to have texture and punches of red to make a bold statement that this outfit was for Valentine’s Day, but I wanted to be able to still use this outfit for other purposes. Of course, nothing says statement like leopard heels so I figured that would be an awesome contrast in print as well. As a mommy of 3 active boys, this outfit also allows me to still be active but look sexy and put together.
- Sweater/Top from Jeans Warehouse Hawaii (comes with long necklace accessory)
- Black Pencil Skirt from Forever 21
- Gold Infinity Necklace from Shoplately
- Bow Chain bracelet from Forever 21
- Leopard Pumps from Fancy Steps
Since my hair is naturally curly and I wanted it to look a little different… I brushed out my hair a bit so that my curls were not so tight and left my hair down. This outfit elongates my body and makes me appear much taller than I really am. I think it adds to the sexy. 😉
As a busy mommy – I’m constantly on the hunt for something comfortable and easy to move in, regardless of the occasion. This outfit was one I talked about in my recent Valentine’s Day Makeup Look – Bombshell Love. I even decided I would rock out my wig so you had an idea as to how the entire look pulled together. Maxi skirts are my best friend and this outfit is simple, fast to throw together and most importantly… comfortable.
- Black slouchy blouse from Jeans Warehouse Hawaii
- Black Maxi Skirt from Jeans Warehouse Hawaii
- Leopard Pumps from Fancy Steps
- Gold Bow Bling bracelet from Forever 21
- Statement Necklace from Opaque Lion on Shoplately
- Large Black Rose Hair Clip from HoneyXO (handmade by me)
- Wig from Shoplately
- Watch from Invicta
- Tahitian Pearl gold ring from Mana Pearls
I know these looks are simple, but again – I am a simple person. My husband will be working on Valentine’s Day and I’ll be home with my children, so I’m thinking I’ll be rocking out a maxi skirt and top with my natural curly hair pulled in a loose messy bun. It’s casual but still put together and sweet.
If you are looking for ideas for Makeup looks, you can check out my YouTube Playlist for a list of different Valentine’s Day Makeup Tutorials to help you out: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIAkD6_eWGPjwV5Cfv_spLKrNUctGlxrj
I wish you all a wonderful Valentine’s Day. Lots of love from me to you!
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- Goosebumps 2 on Digital, DVD and Blu-Ray - January 16, 2019
- My Word of the Year for 2019 - January 14, 2019
- FarmHouse Fresh Products – Give the Gift of Deliciously Fresh Skin Care - November 29, 2018