This post has been sponsored by the PRIMP Network. All opinions are my own.
As a child growing up in the 80s and 90s, Suzanne Somers was kind of a household name. A popular figure in infomercials and television shows, we knew the name and the face all too well. I still remember the first time my mom bought her first Thigh Master and it was a product she enjoyed tremendously. Till this day, my mom has purchased several and still has one in her possession. Between a fruitful career and various skill levels, she’s definitely an icon. This gorgeous being (who happens to be 70 years old and looks incredible) started her own cosmetics line called Suzanne Organics. She was diagnosed with cancer in 2001 and beat it, but that also gave her the inspiration to create this gorgeous line of All Natural Makeup and Skin Care called Suzanne Organics.
I had the opportunity to try several products from the line and if I had to sum up my thoughts on all of them in one word, I would use – Awesome! As many of you know, my PCOS has been flaring up tremendously, so I’ve been trying to find products that not only work well with my skin issues but also don’t cause me to break out more. I’ve been impressed so far with everything I’ve tried. Let’s chit chat about each one I’ve used.
I wanted to make sure I selected a wide range of products and a skin care item I think is absolutely essential to me is body lotion. I have extremely dry skin that is also Eczema prone so I really wanted to give the Suzanne Organics Nourishing Body Lotion a try. The lotion comes sealed with a cap but it came with a pump which I was excited for. This lotion has become a favorite, leaving my skin silky smooth without the greasy feeling you can get from other products. It left my skin feeling soft the entire day and I’ve been using it daily since first getting my hands on it. As the first product I tried, I definitely was impressed right from the get-go.
Suzanne Organics has a great selection of anti-aging and skin care products. I also picked out the Suzanne Organics Anti-Aging Eye Cream because a great eye cream is something I can’t get enough of. This eye cream is their Top-Rated, organic and all natural anti-aging cream that is packed with some of the most rare, expensive and targeted ingredients like Swiss apple stem cells and sea algae extracts. The first time I used this product I was quite amazed. I don’t think I have a lot of problems with my under eye area but lately, I’ve been looking tired and this product helped to reduce my dark under-eye circles while also brightening the under eye area. My minor crows feet wrinkles seemed less prominent and overall my eye area appeared more youthful with use.
Suzanne Organics Liquid Oxygen Therapy Facial Serum is an elixir that soothes the facial skin and helps reverse the signs of aging. This product is basically like an expensive Oxygen Facial Treatment in a bottle. It hydrates the skin while revitalizing and rejuvenating. This serum helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and combats free radicals from environmental stress. All of this while promoting clear, smooth, healthy-looking skin and soothing my irritated and sensitive skin. They key ingredient is suspended oxygen (Perfluorordecalin) which bathes oxygen on the skin and helps to promote clear skin. I’m really enjoying this product. It’s completely lightweight which I love and soaks into the skin, without a sticky icky residue left behind and leaves my skin feeling moisturized all day long and soothes my dry skin.
Suzanne Organics Sheer Flawless Foundation was a product I just had to try. I got it in the color Medium Honey. Since I have been dealing with a vast amount of breakouts the last few months due to my PCOS, I thought giving this product a whirl would be great to put to the test. While most foundations coat the skin with a variety of dyes and fragrances, this tint uses nourishing actives and rich minerals with superior blending capabilities to color-match a range of skin tones. Made without PEGs, parabens, petroleum, propylene or butylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfates, pesticides, phthalates, artificial dyes or synthetic fragrances. This product uses no plastic or petroleum fillers and is gluten free. I was amazed to find out that it is made with organic botanical actives like soothing Aloe Leaf Juice, Tea Tree, Jojoba and Grape Seed Oils for a flawless skin with a smooth, velvet touch. Filled with antioxidant-rich super juice blend of pomegranate, goji, acai, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry and more.
I applied the foundation using a damp beauty sponge. The application was easy and while the foundation looked a little on the pink side prior to application, I was impressed in how well it blended with my skin tone. This foundation is very lightweight and definitely sheer as it’s name suggests, but I found it to be build-able, which is perfect for me. Since I haven’t really used foundation in a few years, I truly enjoyed that I could decide whether I would go light or build up on my coverage when I wanted to. I didn’t experience any oxidation while using this foundation which great and on average I found it lasted for most of my day through the hot Hawaii weather. I set this foundation with the Suzanne Organics Sheer Pressed Powder in Medium/Dark and it helped to add additional coverage while keeping my makeup in place all day. I find that this pressed powder is great for setting but a tad bit too light for all over coverage and for me to use in place of the liquid foundation, but it is nice and I enjoy using it.
I set this foundation with the Suzanne Organics Sheer Pressed Powder in Medium/Dark and it helped to add additional coverage while keeping my makeup in place all day. I find that this pressed powder is great for setting but a tad bit too light for all over coverage and for me to use in place of the liquid foundation, but it is nice and I enjoy using it. It’s lightweight, smooth to the touch and silky, but I like that it applies easily without the extra work.
For additional coverage, I use the Suzanne Organics Perfect Finish Concealer. It’s a creamy concealer in a mini compact (with a mirror) and is perfect for spot concealing and even brightening up the areas to even out the coverage of the foundation. I love how lightweight this product is and tapping with the tip of my finger to apply or using a small synthetic brush makes application a breeze. While this concealer is a creamy type product, it sets like powder and I like that I can use it beneath my foundation or above for added coverage without worrying about moving. All day wear is another benefit I like and I find that I can use this on its own when needed too.
I got to try some gorgeous eye shadows as well. The Suzanne Organics Eyeshadow Essential Neutrals Quad offers four gorgeous shades to create an everyday or glamourous look. This quad features the colors Ivory, Flesh, Cocoa and Charcoal. Using organic ingredients and no artificial dyes, plastic or petroleum fillers, you rest assured you have pigmented eye shadows for any show stopping look.
I found that the texture of these shadows is quite different than I’m used to. While they are all very pigmented, they have a drier feel than the buttery shadows I’m accustomed to from other brands. Does this mean this is bad? No of course not. The drier texture and feel of these actually mean they have better longevity and performance on my eyelids and I find that the apply and blend quite easily. Over a primer, these shadows last all day. You can use them to apply a quick wash of color on the lids or build up the shades for an intense and dramatic look. I also find that since the formula of these shadows are drier than I’m used to, the darker shades apply wonderfully as a liner to the lids and lower lash line.
I also tried the Suzanne Organics Lengthening Mascara. This organic mascara has a pointed style tip to allow me to define each lash. I love the brush on this mascara because it allows me to apply the product to each of my little lashes. This mascara has held up on my lashes without much or any smudging, but I do notice that when my eyes tear up – it will run. It is a gorgeous black and really helps to define and somewhat lengthen each of my lashes for a pretty look. Like all of the products from Suzanne Organics, this is without all the funky things you can get in other cosmetic products.
Lastly, the Suzanne Organics Multiple Stick in Sunrise has been such a treat. I wanted to make sure I had a blush or lip color from the brand but found that if I picked up the All-In-One Makeup Stick, I’d have a plethora of options. This product can be used on the eyes, cheeks, and lips and adds a perfect highlight and color to the areas you need it.
In my easy makeup look above, I’ve utilized all of the Suzanne Organics Cosmetic products to create what you see. From foundation and concealer, setting powder and eye shadow, everything I used was from the Suzanne line. This line is perfect for day or night and simplistic to create. I also used the black color in the eye shadow quad as liner for the look and finished it all off with the multi-stick on my lips for a little color and my cheeks for some highlight.
Overall – I am loving this line. I’m not a fan of foundations but found that I’m really enjoying this one. I also love the performance of the products overall. As mentioned previously, Suzanne Organics products are free of all dangerous toxins that other cosmetics use. You get only healthy ingredients that your skin can absorb and the products are manufactured with certified organic ingredients. No plastic or petroleum fillers and the formulations are made without parabens, petroleum, propylene or butylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfates, pesticides, phthalates, artificial dyes or synthetic fragrances. The products are completely Gluten Free and of course, no animal testing is done.
Makeup and skin care are just a small part of what Suzanne Organics offers. You can get facial oils and deodorants as well as a variety of things listed on the site.
I’m a huge drugstore beauty product lover… and if I’m near a drugstore, I will stop by the cosmetic section to scope it out and see if there are any sales. Lately, I’ll admit that I have been better at this addiction and haven’t been looking quite as often… but it still happens. lol While many of my drugstore favorites remain the same, I’ve added a few new ones to the bunch of goodies I call my Top 10 Drugstore Beauty Products. Check it out!
1. Wet n Wild Color Icon Palettes – These are available in 8 Pan Palettes, 6 Pan Palettes (if you can still find them), 5 Pan Palettes (new releases) and Trios. They come in a variety of sheens and textures and include a huge array of shades. Eyeshadows included are pigmented and offer pretty awesome quality considering they are one of the most affordable drugstore palettes you will find and one of the best. Price ranges between $2.99 – $5.00
2. Milani Baked Blushes – I have been a huge fan of these for a few years now and some of my favorites include Luminoso and Bella Rosa (matte). You can find these anywhere that sells Milani or via their website. They average about $5.99 – $7.00 depending on where you can find them.
3. NYX Butter Glosses – this is a recent love. I love the texture, the feel on the lips, the pigmentation and the scent but most of all the price tag. You can find these for about $5.00 and they are sold anywhere NYX is or via Ulta.com or NYXCosmetics.com.
4. Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Glosses – another recent addition to my top list. These glosses have nice pigmentation, feel great on the lips and are not that sticky but offer pretty nice staying power for a gloss. Averaging $6.00 each and with a nice selection of shades, they are easily collectible and becoming a staple.
5. Milani Color Statement Lipsticks – these are HG (Holy Grail) lipsticks for me. They smell yummy, feel awesome on the lips, leave my puckers moisturized and have pretty good staying power. Did I mention pigmentation was awesome? I am impressed and I’m glad Milani fixed their formulation. I wasn’t a fan of the original but love love the Color Statement line. These run about $5.50 – $6.00.
6. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks – Available in Cream, Matte, Pearl and more… these Lipsticks offer a wide variety of finishes and textures. I seriously love them and have been collecting them for quite a while. Pink Pout happens to be my favorite – but hey, I don’t discriminate. lol You can find these for about $5 – 8 depending on where you go.
7. Jordana BOLD Fabuliner, Original Fabuliner and the Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Liquid Eye Liners – When it comes to drug store eye liners, these are not only affordable but what I grab for when I need to replace one of my high end brands. They are easy to use, offer awesome pigmentation and on me have great lasting power. I’m not only impressed but love the fact that all three of these can easily be purchased for about $6.00 total – not each, but all together if you wanted all three. Jordana can be found at select CVS stores, Kmart and Walgreens. Oh… and since they are all eyeliners and from the same brand, I figured they would fit into one category. lol
8. Jordana Best Volume Extreme Mascara – I didn’t think I would like this mascara because I have the smallest lashes EVER and the brush on this thing is huge… but I am so impressed with the curl my lashes hold as well as how well they volumize and get each and every little lash to show. This mascara is one of the newer ones, I hear great things about the original – which I’m gonna be picking up to try soon… but you can’t go wrong with a $3.00 – $4.00 mascara that works and is awesome.
9. Maybelline Color Tattoos – I have a good selection of these but this is one item I am constantly looking at when I visit the drug store. “Are there any new shades? Is it on sale? Can I pick up a new one?” I love the variety of shades, the way the feel, the pigmentation… you name it – they are pretty awesome in my book. They range between $5.00 and $10.00 where I live and can be found pretty much at any drugstore you go. Use them as a wash of color on your eyes or as a base for your favorite shadows, I highly recommend these to anyone who hasn’t tried them yet.
10. EOS (evolution of smooth) Lip Spheres – Come on now… if you know me and you didn’t see this on my list, then I must have found another favorite because these have been faves of mine for years already. I have a stash of like 9 of them in a cute little vase I keep near my makeup stuff and I have at least one in my purse. They are about $2.99 – $4.00 depending on where you go and come in a variety of flavors. The only thing I wish they had was a tint… that would make these even better than they already are. They moisturize my lips, taste really nice (great for kissing – lol) and I especially love that they come in cute packaging. They are not so much pocket friendly – but I love them nonetheless. Passion Fruit is my favorite and after that… the mint and Strawberry.
So what are your favorite drug store beauty and makeup products? Are there any on my list that make your cut?