Do you follow me on Snapchat? If so, you may have seen my short little demo of my version of the Starbucks Pink Drink and how I created my own. It’s really easy (I have a download of the DIY from my snaps embedded below) and most of the time you can either find all the ingredients you need in your refrigerator or freezer or they are cheap to pick up from your local grocer. Today I’m going to share with you the recipe and a little chit chat too. So – keep reading to learn how to make your own DIY Starbuck’s Pink Drink – the drink that’s so popular on Social Media that many Starbucks shops are having a hard time keeping them in stock.
So what is the Starbucks Pink Drink and what does it consist of? The Starbucks Pink Drink includes the Strawberry Acai Refresher (a drink that is normally served on ice with water as its base liquid) and instead of water, it is mixed with coconut milk. It’s easy to make and if you are looking to really keep with the Starbucks flavor – you can certainly pick up your own packet mix from your local Target or Starbucks and mix the powder with ice and coconut milk, add a few chopped up strawberries and you’re good to go. A few days ago, I ordered my own version of the Pink Drink with a Very Berry Refresher instead of the Strawberry Acai from Starbucks and realized that I wanted something with a little more body to it so I created my own version of the Strawberry Acai since I already had the supplies on hand.
Here’s what you need to create your own Starbucks Pink Drink at home:
- Strawberries – I decided to go with frozen Strawberries because it’s what I had on hand and I wanted a frothier taste and texture with a little more body. I used about 20 medium to large sized frozen strawberries to make 62 oz of pink drink.
- Acai Blend – You can find these at your local grocer in the frozen section. I always have this on hand because I make homemade Acai Bowls. If you are using the packets I have – then you’ll want to use half of the packet to 62 oz. of the pink drink.
- Coconut Milk – You can use any kind you have or want. I chose the Silk Coconut Milk because it is what we have on hand. I used approximately 42 oz. of coconut milk added into my pink drink.
- White Grape Juice Concentrate – these are cheap so I tend to have a few in the freezer at any given time. The white grape juice is best because it adds a bit of sweetness without changing the color of the juice, leaving it with its pink hue. You can also use apple juice. I used approximately 12 oz. of white grape juice concentrate added to my pink drink.
This recipe will make 2 Trenta Sized (31 oz.) cups for a total of 62 oz. You can opt to use smaller cups but that is what I had to use so I measured accordingly.
- Place your strawberries, acai blend and white grape concentrate into a blender, food processor, etc. I used my Ninja to chop them up and slightly pulse the strawberries so that it would blend all the ingredients, but also break down the strawberries so they were not whole. You want to leave a little bit of body left in the mix so you get strawberry pieces blended into your drink. It makes it taste better. If you are using fresh strawberries, chop up your strawberries that are being placed into the coconut milk, but blend the others to get that pink drink and full bodied flavor.
- Add your strawberry, acai and white grape juice mixture in the bottom of your cup. Since I had gone to Starbucks the day before – I used Trenta cups to host my drink.
- Add your coconut milk. I poured the coconut milk to fill the remainder 3/4 of the cup but still leaving enough room to stir the mixture within the cup without making a mess.
- Stir the coconut milk and strawberry mixture together until you see the beautiful pink shade and the milk and fruit blend is combined.
If the drink is too sweet for you – decrease the amount of white grape concentrate and replace with more coconut milk or just add more coconut milk to the drink. You can store this in the refrigerator for a few days before drinking, but just make sure you stir up the mixture before serving to combine since the fruit will settle and the coconut milk can separate.
Check out my quick Snapchat Video here (which I have uploaded to YouTube for future reference) so that you can kind of see how much you should blend the strawberries to get the right consistency. But remember… you can’t screw this up – taper the recipe to fit your need and create your own. This is so easy to make that my family is absolutely loving it and it will be a hit for summer parties. If you decide to create your own, please be sure to stop in and let me know – I would love to hear how it worked out for you. Not a strawberry fan? Use mangoes, any other type of berries, melons or what ever type of fruit you desire.
** And, if you are looking to turn this into a little cocktail for the summer – add coconut rum and you’ll have a delicious summer cocktail beverage.
Have you tried the infamous Pink Drink from Starbucks? If so, are you planning to try this recipe at home and make your own? I hope you enjoy!
Disclaimer: This is my own take on the infamous Starbucks Pink Drink. I do not work for Starbucks nor am I getting paid to provide this recipe for anyone. Affiliate links are posted through out. It has taken me a few days to get the taste the way I want it, but I do not claim to have come up with the original Starbucks recipe – this is just my own version and take on the drink. To me it tastes similar and I like it.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- Sparkling White Teeth in Time for the Holidays with Luster Pro Light Dental Whitening System - October 24, 2018
- Christmas Wedding Invitations & Holiday Cards by Basic Invite - October 18, 2018
- Airfree Onix 3000 Helps With Our Home’s Air Quality - October 8, 2018