Smashbox released the Full Exposure Palette in December 2013. I have had this palette for a couple of months and wanted to share my thoughts with you.
This palette is a neutral based tone palette that is perfect for anyone looking to have a palette that can be used from day to night and all year round. If you are a neutral color lover when it comes to eye makeup – this palette offers a wide range of shades to create those gorgeous every day looks and smoky eyes.
Check out my video review embedded below or click here to watch it directly on YouTube.
If you enjoyed my video – please don’t forget to Subscribe, Comment & Rate. Thank you!
The Full Exposure Palette comes with 14 shades, 7 matte and 7 shimmer and come in a range of nudes to blacks. I especially love that the Matte shades are fairly easy to blend considering they are matte and many mattes can be difficult. While the shimmer shades are absolutely gorgeous – they do provide a significant amount of fall out because of the type of shimmer in the eye shadows, so patting motions when applying the shadows are suggested. Also – I think it’s best to use them over a sticky base.
This set contains:
– 7 x 0.035 oz eye shadow in shimmer shades (top row): Chocolate Brown with Golden Pearl, Deep Golden Brown with Gold Pearl, Soft Gold with Gold and Silver Pearl, Light Tan with Gold and Silver Pearl, Golden Wheat with Gold Pearl, Midtone Slate with Silver Pearl, Rich Grey with Multicolor and Silver Pearl
– 7 x 0.035 oz eye shadow in matte shades (bottom row): Matte Warm Chocolate Brown, Matte Midtone Brown, Soft Matte Midtone Tan, Creamy Matte Beige, Soft Light Taupe, Ashy Dark Brown, Suede Black
– 0.14 oz Full Exposure Mascara deluxe sample
– Get-the-look eye shape chart
Swatches were done on bare skin and are dry. As you can see from the swatches – the shimmer shades, while pigmented and vibrant do have micro glitter in them that can cause the fall out mentioned previously. Overall – I think it has great staying power, of course – over a base or primer, it will last all day. I love that this palette is one I can grab for any day of the week and utilize it to create a number of looks.
The Full Exposure Palette was created because the pros at Smashbox Studios something like it. While on set, they have seen and worked with every single skin tone and eye shape imaginable, so they wanted a palette that could be used universally, on anyone and anywhere. The artists created the how-to’s to use this palette based on eye shapes so that you could create the most gorgeous eyes possible using this palette.
Overall – I am still pretty impressed, even with the cons I did find in this palette. I will continue to use it in looks to come.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- Ola Tropical Apothecary Offers Hawaiian Skin Care - August 13, 2018
- Fat VS Skinny, How I’m Treated Differently Now That I’ve Lost Weight - July 18, 2018
- What’s In My GNC Pro Box – Video - July 17, 2018