It’s not very often that we chit chat brows here on the blog, probably because mine are pretty low maintenance for the most part so I don’t really pay too much attention to them. However, today I join the Beauty Blogger Collaboration in sharing a little brow love. I’m pretty blessed in that my brows are pretty full and usually I will just set them into place if I need to but otherwise, unless they need a little drama, they are simple as pie. But, I figured I would share some of my favorite eye brow products with you and why I enjoy them so much.
Brows are really important as they frame the face and bring a look together. My natural brows are fairly full so most times I will use a spoolie to comb them into place and if I feel the need, a little brow gel to hold their shape for the day. Brow gels are probably the most essential in my arsenal, though I do have a few others that I enjoy. I have tried many brow products over the years, but since I have sensitive skin – there are some that just do not work well for me or dry my brows out terribly. I find that these products haven’t caused any of these issues so I continue to use them.
First let’s talk brow gels. This is my go-to and I will use it daily if I feel like my natural brows are unruly and out of control. These two brow gels are clear and work well. The NYX Control Freak has been a go-to for me over the last year (since it’s release) and I have a full review of this product which you can read up on here. The Milani Brow Shaping Clear Gel is a favorite because of it’s small brush. Both products offer nice control and hold without a crispy feeling. They look natural and are easy to apply. Out of all the brow products I own, I will pull for these the most for every day use and to set my brows in place when I have shaded them in.
The next products on my list are brow tints or colored brow products. These are easy just like the brow gels mentioned previously but they have a tint to them that will allow for shading in my brows. These are especially perfect for those days during the summer when I tend to go lighter in my brows to match my hair that gets lightened quickly and easily from the sun. These products will fill in any gaps and give my brows a lighter tone.
- I have been using the Per-fekt Brow Perfection Gel now for years and have repurchased this product many times. In the shade caramel, this mascara like wand is perfect for shading in my brows and giving my brows a brighter and lighter appearance. It lasts all day and keeps my brows in place for hours without budging.
- Benefit’s Gimme Brow was added to my brow game last year and I’m not gonna lie… for the amount of product you get in a small little tube, it is pretty costly. But, honestly – I have repurchased twice so I must like it. The tiny little brush is perfect for filling in your brows and adding more volume. The cream-like gel has tiny little fibers that fill in the brows to provide a natural brow look that is full and set in place. I don’t use this product as much as the other tints because the shade is just a tad bit too ashy for me, but it works well during the winter months which is when I tend to pull for it most.
- LASHEMS Colour Strokes Brow Tint and Lift in Brunette is one of my favorites and has a caramel toned shade that fills in my brows easily and sets those babies in place that they will not budge for hours. I love to use this product especially in the summer to lighten my brows a tad but also keep them in place while I’m playing in the sun. You can read my full review and see before and after photos on the LASHEM Colour Strokes Brow Tint here.
Cailyn’s Gelux Eyebrow in Cocoa is a thick tinted wax that works perfectly to keep my brows in place but also for filling my brows in. It has a thick consistency but it is also quite firm, not as creamy as you would expect. Due to it’s firm wax texture, it makes shading in your brows really easy and provides a really nice texture so that it looks natural when applied. Shaping my brows is easy with the built in brush and this product is great for travel. This is not my “all the time” brow product – but when I really want a sculpted look, this works well and is a favorite. This is much thicker than Anastasia Dip Brow but this is what I opted to use after Dip Brow caused my brows to dry out and flake. It’s been a great alternative for me without the sensitivity issues and I love that Cailyn’s Gelux Eyebrow comes in 8 different shades, making it easy for me to lighten my brows up should I find the need. I also love that this is waterproof… so I find it my go-to for days I want my brows in place but I know I’ll be sweaty or near the ocean or water play and it will last many hours on the brows.
New on my favorites list are a few products from Paula Dorf and Jordana. Paula Dorf’s 2+1 for Brows in Brunette is a great product to use when you want to shape and shade in your brows and then set with a built in wax. Definitely a good product for travel. I do love to use it when going out and I want a fuller brow shape. If you are looking for longevity however, this product may not be good for a long day and is not waterproof. But it is great for filling in the brows and the two shades available in the pot are perfect for days I want to go darker or lighter. You can find three different shade selections for this brow set so you should easily be able to find the brow shade that matches best for you.
The next product is the Jordana FabuBrow Eyebrow Pencil. This is just a simple drugstore pencil with a little brush at the end. This pencil comes in 6 shades and I find that I can switch between a few of them depending on my “brow color mood”. It’s easy to apply – just use as you would a regular brow pencil. The color is long lasting but not waterproof and you can choose to set with a brow gel if you like. I find I use this often because it is easy, affordable and it works.
Last on my brow game list are some overall products from one brand I enjoy. Billion Dollar Brows is a line I was introduced to early last year and I find that I really enjoy their products. The Billion Dollar Brows Best Sellers Kit is probably the best value for this line and includes everything you need to create some awesome brows. Check out my post on this kit here. I love that when applying these brow products they make my eyebrows look full but natural. I don’t use it often, but I do love to use it when I have a full face of makeup (eye shadow, etc.) because it really frames my face nicely.
So that is my round up of favorite brow products. I’m sure there are so much more out there. At one time, the Wet n Wild Eye Brow Kit was my absolute favorite and if it was still easy for me to get my hands on – I would probably still be using it. Like anything else beauty, what works for some – may not work for others. It’s funny because a cult favorite in the beauty community actually did not work for me while others are considered my holy grail products. That’s the great thing about beauty – everyone and everything is all about individual preference. 🙂 For example… I like a little color in my brows from time to time… so it’s okay to have fun with makeup!
Make sure to head on over to the lovely ladies of the Beauty Blogger Collaboration (links below) and see what they had to say about brows. I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe learned about some products you haven’t heard of before. What are your favorite eye brow products? Do you have any on my list that you love or have tried?
Disclaimer: Some of the products mentioned in this post were sent to me for review purposes. I was not paid or monetarily compensated to provided a post on those products and my opinions are 100% honest and unbiased.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- Alter Ego Temptress Palette Review & Swatches - April 15, 2019
- On The Go With American Shield – Granite 25 Backpack - April 13, 2019
- Instyler Straight Up Ceramic Straightening Brush on 3A 3B Hair - February 25, 2019