Seriously, where did the year go? I can’t believe I’m sitting here at my desk typing a post about New Year’s Eve Makeup and I could have swore I just did this a year ago. lol All kidding aside, it has been quite a year of reflection, positive and negative changes in my life and everything in between, but I eagerly welcome a new year filled with its many blessings I call life. Today I bring to you a New Year’s Eve Makeup Tutorial in collaboration with some of my gorgeous friends from The Beauty Council. Many of us are including some gorgeous products from Mirabella Cosmetics, so I’m so eager to see all the different creations that the ladies put together. Without further adieu, let’s get with it!
For New Year’s Eve looks, I usually will add in something blue or silver, but this year I decided I would use blue and gold as accents in my look – more so for my outfit. My little sister Harmony found me the perfect scarf that is not only fashionable but cozy and warm. Since I figured out the accessory for my look, I opted to go for a romantic look featuring warm bronze and brown shades and created a smoky, sexy, sultry eye look with nude lips to compliment my scarf.
For those of you that are looking for an eye look that will have a bold statement without having a bold color like blue or silver shadow, I think this would be a great look. Check out my video tutorial embedded below or click here to watch directly on YouTube. All products used as well as photos are posted below.
Products used for this look:
- Eye Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Eye shadows: Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette, Mirabella Faerie Cream Shadow in Myth and Colour Pop Super Shock Shadow in Amaze
- Eye Shadow Base: NYX Infinite Shadow Stick in Chocolate
- Eye liner: Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Waterproof liner in Black Point, Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
- Brows: Billion Dollar Brows Best of Brow Kit
- Mascara/Lashes: L’Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga topped with Benefit They’re Real Mascara and Ardell Demi Whispies 120 Lashes
- Bronzer: Milani Matte Bronzer in Sienna
- Blush: Tarte Blush in Embraced
- Highlight: Mirabella Highlighter in Swirling Pearl
- Lips: Jordana Easy Liner lip liner in Rock n Rose, Maybelline Creamy Matte lipstick in Daringly Nude and topped with Mirabella’s Lip Gloss in Luminosity.
With a soft sultry look like this one, I wanted to make sure that I had products that would add a little sexy and these products from Mirabella Cosmetics are perfect to complete the look.
- Luminosity Colour Luxe Lip Gloss- retails for $26 USD
- Myth Visionary Long Wear Eyeshadow- retails for $29 USD
- Swirling Pearl Brilliant Highlighting Powder- retails for $40 USD
My goal for this look was to ensure it would be easy to create, but that it would last through the Holiday festivities. Eating, drinking and talking… sipping on some Crystal… spending time and popping fireworks with our children. I paired this look with a soft nude lip because I knew it would be low maintenance and easy to reapply if needed. I also wanted to add warmth and drama to the eyes. This sexy smoky eye is easy to achieve but definitely something that will work with all eye colors and add some sexy to your New Year’s Eve look.
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all of you from my house to yours! 2014 has been a fabulous year and I’m so thankful for new blogger friends, YouTube friends and everyone for their support on my blogging and vlogging journey. Thank you from the bottom of my heart <3 Best Wishes to all of you for a fabulous 2015 with many blessings and lots of love!
Don’t forget to stop on by the other links posted below… check out what some of my girls from The Beauty Council put together for New Years Eve Looks too!
DISCLAIMER: Some of the items discussed in this post were provided to me for review/consideration/use and are Press Samples (Mirabella Beauty Cosmetics). Any opinions or thoughts on the items are my own and unbiased. My thoughts have not been swayed in order to receive free product. The rest of the products were purchased by me.