Well – well… today we are going to chit chat about brushes. It’s no secret that it is one of the many things I collect when it comes to beauty. Let’s face it, an artist needs their tools and a great set of tools is essential. I have tried them all and with a collection of over 250 makeup brushes, I’m always interested in trying out new ones. With the cost of a cosmetic brush ranging anywhere from $4.00 to $40.00 in price and in some cases more, I always appreciate a referral on a good one that I can not only utilize but enjoy using. Today I’m going to share with you my thoughts on Beauty Junkees Makeup Brush Sets. These affordable beauties have been a new favorite in my makeup arsenal and I think I should share them with you.
I’m not gonna lie, affordable and good quality are hard to come by these days and today I’m sharing with you a company and brand that offers both. With a mission to “be a testing ground for all things beauty so that you can get honest reviews from real women before spending your hard earned money on the next miracle”, Beauty Junkees is a hub for all things beauty accessories and a place you can find some of your favorite products. Today I share with you two Makeup Brush sets that I think would make wonderful tools for anyone whether a beginner or someone in the industry.
Also – it’s still technically the holidays, so you could snag some for that loved one or as a treat to yourself before Christmas.
The first set I am going to talk about is my favorite. The 8 Piece Pro Series Brush Set comes with everything you need to create the perfect eye look. Retailing for $39.97 (currently on sale for $24.97 – not sure how long the sale will last) you receive 8 gorgeous and well made eye brushes and a great quality zip top brush case.
You receive the following brushes:
- Pro Pencil – used for smudging eye liner or apply shadow for a more defined and precision application.
- Pro Tapered Blending – used for applying and blending shadow on the eye or use to apply transition shade to the crease.
- Pro All Over Shader – with dense bristles this is used to pack shadow on the entire lid but still can be used to blend some.
- Pro Precision Eye liner – perfect for tight lining the upper and lower lash lines using liquid, gel or cream (powders too). I especially like to use this brush to smudge out the lower lash line and smoke it out.
- Pro Angled Shading – this is a great brush to apply to shadow to the brow bone or to blend color into the crease.
- Pro Flat Definer – use this brush to create a sharp and precise line o nthe upper and lower lash line with your liner or product of choice – cream, gel, powder.
- Pro Blending – This great brush is used to blend powder shadows and buff harsh lines to give a gorgeous and diffused effect.
- Pro Crease – use this brush to apply shadow in the crease for a soft and diffused effect.
Each brush comes with a solid wood handle – sturdy and well made and a double crimped copper ferrule. The ferrule is positioned well and holds the brush hair in place perfectly. I haven’t had any issues with shedding and love that each brush can be used with a variety of mediums – powders, creams and liquids.
I love that this eye set includes all the brushes I need to create a great eye look and more so it has brushes that are essential for any makeup brush arsenal. Each one is well made and well put together and after much washing, I haven’t noticed any shedding (with exception to tiny hair during initial wash – which is normal) after many uses. The brushes are soft and well made and the blending brushes remind me of some of my favorites from well known high-end brands. I’m absolutely loving them.
Next is the Mini 5 Piece Kabuki Makeup Brush Set with brush case. This set retails for $39.97 (on sale right now for $18.97) and includes 5 brushes in the set. The name “mini” does not refer to the size of the brush handle, but the size of the actual brushes as this is a smaller size to the actual Kabuki brushes you would use to apply foundation. These little brushes are so fun and perfect for people like me who contour and apply highlight. Each brush is dense but soft and made specifically so that they will not soak up excess amounts of product. This is particularly awesome for those that like to use cream based products as these brushes will allow you to get the right amount of product with an easy application.
Included in this brush set:
- Mini Flat Makeup Brush – this brush is my favorite for buffing out my contour along the sides of my nose for a more chiseled and defined look without looking harsh. It’s perfect for stippling concealer onto sun spots, blemishes and other small imperfections as well.
- Mini Angled Makeup Brush – this brush is a favorite because it can be used on the eyes for blending, I love to use it to apply my ColourPop eye shadows into the crease or apply as transition. This brush is also dense enough to use as a foundation brush or to contour your cheekbones.
- Mini Flat Angled Makeup Brush – this brush combines the blending application of the flat kabuki with the contouring application of the angled kabuki – packed into a mini for precision contouring anywhere on the face. I especially love this brush for also contouring down the sides of my nose and to really provide a chiseled and defined contour below my cheekbones.
- Mini Tapered Makeup Brush – this brush was designed to provide coverage in hard to reach areas such as the eyelid, corner of the eye and under eye for a flawless finish. I love using this brush to blend out my cream or liquid highlight or to also contour since the tip allows you to really define the areas.
- Mini Round Makeup Brush – this brush has a variety of uses but is perfect for mineral makeup concealer to buff the product on and blend or to just apply as an all over contour brush for detail and precision.
Each brush is made of high density synthetic bristles and is vegan friendly. They each come with a solid wood handle that includes a double crimped copper ferrule and I haven’t noticed any shedding with this product. They can be used with liquid, powder or creams and I find these work especially well with my ColourPop shadows. Due to the size of these minis (the bristle size) they are not intended for full face coverage when applying foundation, but great for detail work.
After years of spending lots and lots of money on makeup brushes – I’m beyond impressed with Beauty Junkees not only for the price point, but the quality. Each brush comes with a sturdy wooden handle that is long making application easy for me when using them. I’m very particular with the weight of my brushes, especially because of my Carpel Tunnel and find that these are well weighted but not too heavy that it will hurt me when using them for long periods of time. That is especially important when you’re a makeup artist because after a while of doing several clients in a row, your hands and arms can get very tired and sore if the brush is too heavy. Even if they are light weight, they still have a good balance making application and blending a breeze. It’s all about that balance and movement in the wrist that really helps with the blending technique. The cinching in the ferrules for each brush is absolutely well made and done to perfection which means your brushes will last longer with proper cleaning and care. I found that cleaning each brush is easy. I use my Parian Spirt or regular brush cleaner as well as soap and water without any issues and after several cleaning with using these brushes they kept their shape well, dried nicely and I didn’t experience any shedding.
I didn’t discuss the brow brush but know that for $10 – the Pro Brow Brush has a great spoolie on the end and an awesome angle brush which works well with gel or powder. It’s pretty fabulous too.
*In the look above I used Beauty Junkees to apply all of my products from eyes to face – even my brows and eye liner!
So – what do you think? Could you see yourself using any of these brushes I discussed here today. You can use code: HONEYGW1 for 25% off your order (from now till January 15, 2016) which would make these prices even better and you could pick something up for yourself this Holiday season. Also – if you have Amazon Prime – shipping is FREE. Click here to check out other products that Beauty Junkees has to offer. I know I have my eyes set on more brushes as well as some of their beauty sponges, so you may see many more reviews or features here later.
Beauty Junkees has definitely impressed me, so much so that I featured them in my Holiday Gift Guide – Stocking Stuffers because the price point is fab and the product great. I definitely suggest you checking them out for yourself. We all know I keep it real here and if they didn’t work well, well… we know I would be the one to lay it all out there. I’m quite impressed and really enjoy what I tried, so I figured I would share it all with you.
Disclaimer: Products mentioned in this post were sent to me for review/feature consideration. All opinions are my own, 100% honest and unbiased. I was not paid to provide my thoughts on these products or to feature them, but affiliate links are posted through out.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- NEW – Kuleana Skincare Launches Natural, Reef-Safe Sunscreen - September 18, 2018
- My Favorite Way to Wear Jeans - September 18, 2018
- Farewell Summer Rompers and Outfits - September 17, 2018