When I think of Teal and Turquoise colors, Hawaii’s beaches always come to mind. I was very excited to get the Bora Bora Quad from Be A Bombshell in my March Ipsy Glam Bag. The colors in the palette remind me of Hawaii and the beach and the summers I spent as a child and teen surfing the waves. Blues also remind me very much of the Island sunsets that I have experienced in my life… and I wanted to do a fun look utilizing the colors in the palette that incorporated all of these awesome memories. Since it’s been a bit on the chilly side here, I wanted to do a look that reminded me of Spring and Summer and this is what I came up with. I hope you all enjoy this Hawaii Inspired Spring Summer Look.
Styling this look was fun and of course – since I live in Hawaii, it was easy to do. I added a little twist to it however… instead of using a traditional Hawaiian flower in my haku (head lei in Hawaiian), I opted to utilize one of my fun floral crowns that I got from Claire’s. It gave it a nice twist on the look and added a gorgeous pop of yellow against the blues that I applied to my eyes. My strapless tube dress is in black and from Jeans Warehouse (a local boutique).
Check out my video tutorial embedded below. If you are unable to watch directly – click here to watch it on YouTube.
Primer – Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Eyeshadow Base – Jordana’s 12 Hour Made to last Eyeshadow Pencil in Continuous Almond
- Transition shade – Smashbox Full Exposure Palette, soft brown matte shade
- Crease shade – Rock Bottom (Be A Bombshell Bora Bora Quad)
- Inner corner and inner lower lash line- Risky Business (Be A Bombshell Bora Bora Quad)
- Middle lid – Bora Bora (Be A Bombshell Bora Bora Quad)
- Outer V to deepen the outer corner – Starlet (Be A Bombshell Bora Bora Quad)
- Outer corner and outer part of lower lash line – Seine (Sigma Paris Palette)
- Lower lash line (teal) – Louvre (Sigma Paris Palette)
- Browbone Highlight – Smashbox Full Exposure Palette, cream matte shade
Eyeshadow Pencil on lower lash – Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last eyeshadow pencil in Aqua last
Lips – Milani Colorstatement lip liner in Nude, lipstick in bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Get Ready and topped with Laura Mercier lip gloss in Bare Naked
Contour, Blush, Highlight –
- MAC Sunbasque blush for light contour and blush
- Laura Geller Balance & Brighten Bronzer in Tan to add warmth to the face
- Laura Geller Bronze-n-brighten color correcting bronzer in medium to add an inner glow to the upper cheekbones
- Laura Geller Baked Highlighter Duo in French Vannila / Golden Rose to highlight
Eye liner – Mally Evercolor Starlight liner in Midnight (waterline / tightline), Kat Von D Tattoo Waterproof Liner in Trooper (winged liner and upper lash line)
Lashes – Perfekt Beauty Lash Perfection Gel (mascara), KISS Lashes in 03 and Duo Glue in Clear
Brows – Cailyn Brow in Cocoa, set with Milani Brow Gel
I hope you enjoyed this Hawaii Spring/Summer Inspired look. Creating this reminded me of all the years I danced hula as a little girl and really made me think of my childhood. I’m not going to lie… while sometimes I wish that I lived elsewhere, Hawaii will always be my home. I really wanted to take photos of this look while I was at the beach, but the weather has been so funky here lately that I was just thankful that I could go outside to get a few photos of the look 😉 Thank you so much for reading & watching! “Aloha from Hawaii!”