I’m so excited to share with you the Emily Edit Palettes, a collaboration between Makeup Revolution and EmilyNoel83, one of my favorite Beauty YouTubers.
Who is EmilyNoel83?
When I started doing YouTube videos 10+ years ago, I remember being one of the first 200 subscribers to EmilyNoel83. She was a news reporter named Emily Noel who had a bubbly personality. Emily filmed her videos in a small apartment with that “newscaster” flair and “girl next door” attitude, which I love. She offers honest and truthful reviews that are not sponsored. Her easy to follow makeup tutorials are for all levels of skill. Cupcake (that’s her cat) would steal the show and make appearances. Now, several years later, I’ve watched Emily have two beautiful little girls and build a channel that I value and respect.
Emily’s love for life, positivity and informative style is endearing and keeps her audience coming back for more.Revolution Makeup, USA
Now, 10 years later, she’s collaborating with Makeup Revolution. I’m so excited to share this collab with all of you.
The Emily Edit – The Needs Palette
The Needs Emily Edit was designed to be a “greatest hits” of the brand. A full-face style palette that really offers a “multi-tasking” use for each shade. This beautiful palette is full of positivity, featuring Emily’s personal shade names that have a special color identity. Gorgeously cased in pale pink packaging with Emily’s signature in rose gold.
Shades included in The Needs:
- Courage – a medium brown, bronzer and contour shade with a matte finish
- Joy – peachy pink blush with a matte finish
- Gratitude – a creamy highlight with a satin finish
- Kindness – cream translucent powder with a matte finish (Emily likes to use it as an under-eye powder)
- Honesty – blush peach, satin finish
- Passion – dark brown, with a red shimmer
- Peace – peachy nude, matte finish
- Faith – warm brown, matte finish
- Hope – fudge brown, matte finish
- Love – cream shade with a matte finish
I’m over the moon in love with these shades and the palette in a whole. The Needs offers you the perfect travel palette because it has everything you need to create a look. Every powder in this palette is silky and creamy. Whether creating a smokey or neutral eye look, this palette has you covered. The perfect “everyday” palette.
Did I mention how large the mirror is? A large mirror (the size of the palette) makes this ideal for any makeup lover. The palette casing is sturdy and beautiful, offering it a lux look with great names. Also, I love opening this palette and looking at the shade names, it’s so inspiring.
The Emily Edit – The Wants Palette
Emily Edit The Wants palette has easily become one of my favorites in my eyeshadow collection. This gorgeous piece features 24 colors in a combination of matte, satin and shimmer shades. What I love the most about this palette is the universal color range and how it works well with all skin tones. But, I am absolutely crushing on the color selection as well.
The Wants palette is encased in a pale peach packaging with Emily’s signature in rose gold.
When you buy this palette, you may notice that each color is laid out in little quads that you can use together to create a cohesive look. However, the colors all work well together so there are a plethora of combinations you can use to create a gorgeous look.
While I’ve been enjoying all of the shades, (I’m trying not to discriminate) some of my favorites include: Oh Heavens!, Love Tons, Side Hustle, Grateful, Dues Paid, Family, Corduroy, Heartbeat, Top Story and Capricorn. Let’s be honest here, I should have just listed all the shades… haha, I struggled to choose.
Shades included in The Wants:
- The Cream – white cream, matte finish
- Midwest – light tan, matte finish
- Oh Heavens! – beige cream, satin finish
- Cupcake – peach, satin finish
- Hobby – light brown, matte finish
- Dues Paid – red brick, matte finish
- LoveTons – plum, matte finish
- Laughcry – blood orange, matte finish
- Prayer – sepia brown, matte finish
- Eve Rose – light lilac with a gold shift, satin finish
- Pizzazz – maroon, matte finish
- Grateful – lime green, shimmer finish
- Belle Violet – lavender, shimmer finish
- Family – deep purple, matte finish
- Heartbeat – chestnut, shimmer finish
- Good Vibes – Rich copper, shimmer finish
- Capricorn – mocha brown, satin finish
- Top Story – gold, shimmer finish
- Corduroy – emerald green, matte finish
- Side Hustle – khaki green with a gold shift, shimmer finish
- Pi Phi – plum purple, matte finish
- Apartment – wood brown, matte finish
- Dark & Early – black, matte finish
** Note that these swatches are done directly on my hand without any primer or base. Many of these colors are applied to my skin in one swipe, so bare in mind that they can be built up to obtain a darker and richer shade. I am a medium skin tone.
“I wanted this palette to inspire but could also allow you to stay in your comfort zone. I wanted the perfect balance of light, medium and really rich dark shades. I want the colors to be buildable, so you can reach that level of intensity that you want. You can create countless looks and endless creativity.”-Emily Noel
My Final Thoughts
It is not often that I run out and buy a makeup palette that is a collaboration with any particular YouTuber. But, as soon as I found out about this one, I knew I had to have it. RevolutionxEmily The Needs and The Wants Palettes are beautiful and created so well. I’ve mentioned the packaging previously, but I must reiterate that I really love how sturdy these palettes are. Let’s talk about the price point too. The Needs palette is just $15 and The Wants Palette is $20. It’s not only affordable for anyone to purchase, but it is also great quality for the price point.
Way to Go Emily!
Though haven’t been wearing much makeup lately, the moment that I picked these up, I’ve been using them daily. Both palettes have become favorites and I know I’ll be getting a ton of use out of them. Mirrored hardshell case and beautiful shades in creamy shadows, yes… this is a must-have for anyone of any age.
EmilyNoel83 is one of my favorite YouTubers (she’s even listed on my YouTube Favorites List), so I am so excited and proud of her and her accomplishments. These palettes are definitely Homeruns in my book and I’m loving them!
You can purchase these palettes where available at: https://www.revolutionbeautyusa.com/, http://ultabeauty.com or in person at your local Ulta Store.
Disclaimer: The products featured in this post were purchased with my own money. All opinions are 100% honest & unbiased. Affiliate links may be posted throughout. Visit my Disclosures Page for more information.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- FarmHouse Fresh Products – Give the Gift of Deliciously Fresh Skin Care - November 29, 2018
- Sparkling White Teeth in Time for the Holidays with Luster Pro Light Dental Whitening System - October 24, 2018
- Christmas Wedding Invitations & Holiday Cards by Basic Invite - October 18, 2018