Happy Foodie Friday! Today I decided it was about time I shared my super simple beef stroganoff recipe. It’s not the healthiest, but most comfort food really isn’t, to be honest. While I did make some changes and adapted this recipe for myself and my family, I took the base and root of this meal from my mommy who would cook it for us when we were kids. What makes Beef Stroganoff so delicious and such a great comfort meal is that it has a hearty taste and flavor to it. It’s perfect on those chilly evenings as a warm alternative to soup and of course, because of the pasta in the recipe, it really makes for a great comforting dish. I made this recipe to be an easy one so that I could dinner on the table for those nights when we just didn’t have the time to slave in the kitchen for hours. In about 30 minutes, this meal is cooked and ready to go. Follow the video for a step by step outline of what to do. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as my family does. Bon Appetite.
Supplies / Ingredients needed:
- 1 Tablespoon Kikkoman Soy Sauce or Aloha Shoyu – any type of soy sauce
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp minced or fresh garlic
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup sour cream
- garlic salt or rock salt to taste
- fresh parsley or parsley flakes – chopped, added for garnish and to taste as seasoning
- 2 tbsp chopped white/round onion
- pepper to taste
- 10.5 oz. canned cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 16 oz. / 1 lb. bag wide egg noodles
- 1 lb. of beef – you can select to choose steak, stew meat or whatever works for you or you have on hand
- 16 oz container white cap mushrooms or whatever mushrooms you have on hand (chopped or sliced)
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of water or beef stalk
- Add butter to your hot pan / skillet and allow to melt
- Cut up your meat to small bit size pieces and cook/brown meat until you have it at the right temperature completeness you are looking for
- Add your garlic and onion to your pan and cook in the butter
- Add your meat to the garlic, onion and butter mixture (in the video I added the chopped onion flakes later, but if you are using fresh onion, add now)
- Add Worcestershire sauce
- Sprinkle in the seasoning you want to use: parsley flakes, garlic salt or rock salt, pepper, herbs, etc.
- Start boiling your egg noodles – they take approximately 7-9 minutes to cook
- Add your sliced/chopped mushrooms to your beef mixture
- Once the mushrooms have softened, you’ll start working on your sauce
- Add 1/2 cup of water to stretch out the beef flavor, you can use beef stalk if you want
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp to your beef and sauce mixture and stir well, let cook to thicken
- Add your whole can of cream of mushroom soup, mix into your sauce and with meat well
- Add sour cream to the mixture and combine
- Add Soy Sauce and combine well
- Allow the stroganoff to simmer for 10 minutes
- When egg noodles are done, drain water and plate noodles
- Pour stroganoff over noodles and sprinkle some parsley as garnish on top
- If you are like my family – you can take your egg noodles and combine with stroganoff in the pan and serve that way as well.
I hope you and your family enjoy this really simple recipe. I usually cook this meal when I have some left over stew meat or steak in the freezer and since we always have egg noodles on hand, it makes for a great meal. This meal is simple and easy. You can decide to add some vegetables on the side or a side salad to complete the meal or eat it as is. Like I mentioned previously – this is the type of meal that is perfect for cuddle weather – it’s warm and hearty, but not a soup, so it makes a great and quick meal for any time of year.
This recipe is one that my mother showed me as a child and one I adapted to include other ingredients. All opinions are my own, 100% honest and unbiased and this is not a sponsored post. Affiliate links are posted through out.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- Goosebumps 2 on Digital, DVD and Blu-Ray - January 16, 2019
- My Word of the Year for 2019 - January 14, 2019
- FarmHouse Fresh Products – Give the Gift of Deliciously Fresh Skin Care - November 29, 2018