As the sun sets and creates a beautiful array of colors that light the soon to be night sky a magical mystical creature is born. Twilight, an Autumn faerie born from true love’s kiss roams the Woodland Forest to sprinkle her fairy dust of happiness and wishes over those who find themselves wondering her forest. She can be spotted only as the sun sets illuminating the sky with beautiful hues of purples, blues, oranges, yellows and reds. Twilight is a good faerie spreading her pixie dust in hopes to find her true love waiting for her at dusk.
I love faeries, which we’ve established in my Queen of the Forest Nymph tutorial and I stated that I would be using Faeries as a base for this year’s Halloween Makeup Tutorials. Just as with the first creation I did last week, I couldn’t figure out what or how I wanted to create Twilight, but knew the colors I had in mind. This look is easy to create as it is simply about blending shades to create a whimsical sultry look. I hope you enjoy my Woodland Fairy Makeup tutorial.
Check out my video tutorial on this look here or scroll down to watch the embedded version.
I hope you enjoyed that tutorial – don’t forget to subscribe, comment & like.
As I mentioned before, this makeup tutorial is pretty simple – especially in that I really didn’t have a plan when I created Twilight and decided as I was going along what I wanted to do. The thought process behind Twilight is that I wanted this to be a part of my imagination, let my creative juices fly at the moment and I also wanted it to be something you could turn to if you were looking for simplicity.
I used the products I had on hand to create this and I did what I could with what I had to conceal my natural brows. If you wanted this to be a bit more elaborate, I suggested scarring wax to flatten your natural brows and then latex over to create an even canvas. Of course, a good liquid foundation over your concealed brows will work well too.
- Maybelline Baby Skin
- Coastal Scents Eclipse Concealer Palette
- L’Oreal True Match Powder in Warm
- Coastal Scents Step One Eye Primer
- BH Party Girl Palette – Purple, Yellow, Orange and Orange/Red, Matte Brown, shimmering cream/champagne and Khaki Green Brown shadow shades
- Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil in Tenacious Brown
- NYC HD Liquid Liner – in the video I said I used my Jordana Fabuliner but they look the same so I made a mistake.
- Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil in Black Point
- MAC’s Blue Brown & Fuchsia Pigment – a little of it was mixed with some water to create the effect using a spooly that you see in the video. The two shades were mixed with water separately and applied to the face.
- Colour Pop Lippy Stix liner in Grind
- J.Cat Queen of Hearts Wonder Lip Paint
- Red Cherry Lashes in 45
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
- MAC Reflects Antique Gold
My wings were purchased from the local Costume shop
My hair color was created using the Redken Color Rebel Hair Makeup in Rebel without a Coral and Purple Riot
The key in my opinion to this look is creativity, but also to just use your imagination. An original Woodland fairy normally has hues of browns and greens but fairies are mystical beings and who says that there can’t be one sporting shades. I am very happy with how Twilight came out, considering I really didn’t have a thought in mind when I started my tutorial and “winged” it. Wishing you all a safe, fun and Happy Halloween and stay tuned for next week’s Halloween tutorial.