Roses, candy, kisses and love… sweet nothings and candle light are all things that remind me of Valentine’s day. Each year I look forward to creating a new look for this day of love and this year I am creating a Valentine’s Day Makeup tutorial in collaboration with my friend Beth. I bring to you a quick look featuring Too Faced and the semi-sweet Chocolate bar palette and Beth will be creating a look using the chocolate bar Palette. Her look will be for daytime,mine for nighttime.
I went with a soft smoky, wearable look that can easily be created. The reason behind this look is that I wanted it to showcase the lips and soften the eyes. I’m 35 (as of January) and wanted to create a look that beauties in their 30s and 40s could wear easily and apply quickly. Check out the Video Tutorial embedded below or click here to watch it directly on YouTube.
To create this look, I am using the following products:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance – eye primer
- Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette – eye shadows (Peanut butter – transition shade, Coconut Creme (browbone highlight), Truffled (applied into the crease), Bon bon (lid shade), Peanut butter / truffled (lower lash line), Caramel (inner corner highlight)
- Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Waterproof Gel Pencil in Black Point – tightline and waterline
- Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Waterproof Gel Pencil in Espresso Last – upper lash line
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara and L’Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga mascara
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer (light bronze, all over warmth)
- Too Faced Sweetheart Blush in Candy Glow
- Hourglass Dim Light Ambient Lighting Powder for a light highlight glow
- Jordana Easy Liner Lip Liner in Rock n Rose
- Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick in Peony
- Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick in Nude
- Chrislie Formulations Brow Gel in Caramel (swept over the brows for a natural look)
If you are looking to bump up this look a bit for some extra drama, add a pair of whispies or dramatic lashes to the eyes and a bold berry or even bright pink lip. A red lip can work with this look as well.
Beth’s Daytime look feat. the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette can be found here.
I hope you enjoyed this Sweetheart makeup look for Valentine’s Day. Don’t forget to head on over to my friend Beth’s channel to check out her tutorial as well. Stay tuned as I’ll be having another Valentine’s Day look coming your way in the next week. Happy Day!
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- Maui Muse Recap – Fashion Forward With MAC Cosmetics at the Andaz Wailea Resort - May 22, 2017
- Beauty Junkees Eye Shadow Singles - May 17, 2017
- Spring and Summer Skin Treats – Beauty Mists by Pixi - May 16, 2017