Just Call Me Sweetheart – Valentine’s Day Look Featuring Too Faced Bon Bons Palette
Valentine’s Day is a holiday filled with soft pinks and sweet kisses and as a tradition, each year I have created a Valentine’s Day look using the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palettes. This year I decided I would go ahead and do a “GRWM” Style makeup look that features the newly released Too Faced Bon Bons Palette and add it to my tradition. “Just Call Me Sweetheart” is a soft and sweet Valentine’s Day look that can be used day or night but it is an easy look to create that features a little pop of pink that’s subtle with a little sexy. I hope you enjoy this look. Check out the video below and hang out and talk story as I get ready and create this Valentine’s Day look.
“You know you’ve found love when you look in their eyes and find yourself.” – Monique Patton
Creating this look meant it needed to be quick and easy. From start to finish I say it took me about 25 minutes to complete. I wanted this to be a wearable makeup look that could be used for day or night. If you want to spice things up a bit – you could surely add a pair of flirty false lashes to the look to make it a bit more glam, but I opted to go for my mini lashes (natural lashes) and the look was complete. To create this look I used the following products:
- Eye brows: Billion Dollar Brows Universal Brow Pencil and Taupe Brow Powder set with BDB Brow Gel
- Eye shadow base / primer: Milani Eye Primer
- Eye shadow palette – Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette, shadows used: Divinity (all over the lid from lash line to brow bone), Mocha (transition shade), Molasses Chip (lid), Bordeaux (outer v / outer corner and lower lash line), Dark Truffle (used to deepen the outer corner), Totally Fetch (lower lash line blended with Bordeaux), Satin Sheets (inner corner highlight), Divinity and Cashew Chew (brow bone highlight)
- Mascara: Essence Get Big! Lashes Volume Boost in Waterproof (black)
- Eyeliner: Milani Kohl Kajal Eyeliner
- Foundation: PUR Hydra Fluid Water Serum Foundation in Tan (I don’t use foundation normally, but I’m trying this one out… so if you want, you can opt to go without foundation as I would normally).
- Blush: Too Faced Love Flush Blush Palette – Blush in Love Hangover
- Lips: Jordana Twist Up Lip Liner in Rock-n-Rose, topped and layered with ColourPop Lippy Stix in Lumiere and Milani Matte Naked Color Statement Lipstick. Later in the day, I switched up my lips and added ColourPop’s Bumble for all day smooch-proof lips.
When I created this, I wanted this look to be soft with a pop of color so I opted to use fluffy brushes to apply and put down most of the shades on my eyes. If you really wanted to you could use a more defined brush for precision but I really wanted the eyes to look diffused so each shade was applied using a blending brush except for the lid shade which I used a pretty large eye shadow brush to lay down the shade.
“You are the answer to every prayer I’ve offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper… and I don’t know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.” – Nicholas Sparks; The Notebook
If pink is not your favorite color for the lips, you could opt for a nude lip shade and it would still do very well with the eye look. Play around with colors and see what you think will work for your skin tone and your overall look.
Check out “Genuine Sweetheart” – a look I created for last years Valentine’s Day using the Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette, here. And, “Cherry Truffle” which is a Valentine’s Day look I created the year prior using the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette, here.
I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day – no matter how you celebrate it or if you don’t celebrate it at all. For a full list of products used as well as a walk through of how I created this look, check out my video and don’t forget to subscribe. Wishing you a wonderful day of love!
Disclaimer: The product(s) mentioned and featured in this post were purchased by me with my own money. All opinions are my own, 100% honest and unbiased and I was not paid to provide my thoughts on these products. Affiliate links may be posted through out.
Want to know about a tradition my husband and I have each year? Check out this post and see why Time is so important to us.
Latest posts by honeygirlsworld (see all)
- MYO Cosmetic Case Is My Go-To Travel Companion - April 19, 2018
- Affordable Eye Shadow Palettes from Bad Habit – Solstice & Supernova - March 22, 2018
- New BioSilk Silk Therapy With Organic Coconut Oil - March 15, 2018